Anti-American anger sweeps Muslim world - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #76
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti-American anger sweeps Muslim world

Obama being president being elected automatically lead to an improvement in relations with many countries because he thinks before he speaks and does not have an idiot for a Secretary of State. Muslim is a religious choice not hereditary, are you too stupid to know that
Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #77
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoppaNoppa View Post
I think we all got muslim message on 9/11
How does a fully loaded commercial jet fly into the side of a five storey office building?
Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #78
country flag NoppaNoppa

NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
How does a fully loaded commercial jet fly into the side of a five storey office building?
You have not noticed that there are US Embassies burning around the globe What is your source of news
NoppaNoppa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #79
country flag Expat

Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I have to laugh because in attempting to bolster your viewpoint you have defeated it. Many of us know what the EE, the Chinese (actually the Han dynasty) and the Ottomans did to nations and groups less powerful than them. It's obvious that they were hated for how they used their power.

The "they hate us because we're powerful" viewpoint is one of the most ignorant cliches around. Laughable in fact. It's a viewpoint adopted only by those whose degree of nationalism results in a "head up their ass" effect where they are not able to look at their nation with any objective.
Obviously they were hated for how they used their power and America is too. Without us having that power would anyone care? America will use its power for its own interests and people will love/hate us based on how our decisions impact them.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #80
country flag Darop.

Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That wasn't a muslim message. Just like crusades aren't a christian message.

Darop. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #81
country flag NoppaNoppa

NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darop. View Post
That wasn't a muslim message. Just like crusades aren't a christian message.
But, but. Bin-laden
NoppaNoppa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #82
country flag Darop.

Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat View Post
America is hated because America is powerful. That's always been the case be it the British empire, the Chinese, the Ottomans. I rather be hated than be pitied upon. And there are plenty of countries that like us. Israel, Poland, South Korea, Kosovo, Taiwan to name a few. Because we are in a sense powerful enough to guarantee their safety.
It really is funny that countries like France whose wartime flag is a white cross on a white background disparage us.

America isn't hated because it's powerful, it's hated because of how it uses it's power. Israel a country that likes America?? Try "Israel owes it's existance to America", and U.S. biased unconditial support to it.

Darop. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #83
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Obviously they were hated for how they used their power and America is too. Without us having that power would anyone care? America will use its power for its own interests and people will love/hate us based on how our decisions impact them.
Okay. Yes. I agree with most of that. But "obviously"? No. What you state here is both more accurate and very different from the concept of "hating America because it's powerful."

"America will use its power for its own interests" Perhaps. To me that's not so. Like most nations/empires, American power is used by a relative few who manipulate for their interests. Some of those few may think that parts of their agenda are for the good of all Americans.

"us"? Again I'll go with perhaps. Many people get that many in the USA do not support and often don't even know many of the shenanigans those in power carry out.
"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by pov : Sep 16th, 2012 at 04:56 PM.
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #84
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsser View Post

Several Capitol Hill Republicans have since the recent anti-American attacks started calling for either a stop to such aid or at least tighter restrictions,
The extent of their stupidity still amazes me.
"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." - Albert Einstein
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #85
country flag Mixal

Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future

Quote:
1) people commenting on this thread probably don't think much about religion.
2) in many islamic countries insulting islam is punishable by death so they are acting normally according to their culture.
3) this will become much more common in the "western" world as muslims become the majority in europe.
4) get used to it. you have overpopulation and unemployed young men in these countries who unlike european unemployed men can't get laid due to their religion leaving them with only violence as an outlet of their sexual frustation.
So ignorant and delusional

On the other hand, what a bunch of morons. Destroying their own streets, property, hurting innocent people etc., but it's clear the movie isn't the real motive behind that. I am really surprised to see situation in Tunisia getting out of control.

And just for the record, (violent) demonstrations were not held in all Muslim countries.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #86
country flag nufflemutts

nufflemutts has a reputation beyond repute nufflemutts has a reputation beyond repute nufflemutts has a reputation beyond repute nufflemutts has a reputation beyond repute nufflemutts has a reputation beyond repute nufflemutts has a reputation beyond repute nufflemutts has a reputation beyond repute nufflemutts has a reputation beyond repute nufflemutts has a reputation beyond repute nufflemutts has a reputation beyond repute nufflemutts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
Kind of an oddment in the reporting I'm seeing and hearing today, even on NPR, is that 'AntiAmerican demonstrations are sweeping Egypt, Yemen, Tunis ....' and 'American Ambassador killed', yet what's happening IN Libya isn't being reported.

NOTE: Libya just had a war we helped on side win. The guys on the losing side aren't gone. The fighting has just stopped. The country is full of weapons, the central government is weak, and it's a tribal society in the first place. Somebody who wants the Americans out just made their move. A move. There will be more.

My vote is we find out who financed and organized this, and 'extraordinary render' their fat ass back here, and have a very public trial. And if they give up every goddamn one of their cronies, they live. At Gitmo, on bread and water, but they live.
Quote:
BTW, the Arab Spring was going to have to go through this. The USA was basically at war, one way or another, from the Revolutionary War til the Civil War. French and Indian War, War of 1812, the Civil War, the War against Mexico, the Indian wars .... and look at the history of Europe!

You take a bunch of people out of an autocracy (or multiple autocracies) into a situation where there's weak, if any central force, and you get anarchy. For a while. Then things sort themselves out. Hopefully NOT into another autocracy.
Quote:
Because that's what religious extremists do. Who killed Dr. George Tiller? Who carried out the Crusades? Who sat on their hands in Europe while Hitler murdered the Jews. Who HELPED Hitler murder the Jews? What sets India against Pakistan, war after war after war? Why is Israel a rogue nature that can murder it's neighbors with impunity, yet, guess what? They have a valid point?

Religious extremists. The psychos who says God want them to murder the unbelievers. Every insult to God much be avenged. As if God, if there is one, couldn't take care of vengeance just fine.
Agree with everything you said here.

Quote:
1) people commenting on this thread probably don't think much about religion.
2) in many islamic countries insulting islam is punishable by death so they are acting normally according to their culture.
3) this will become much more common in the "western" world as muslims become the majority in europe.
4) get used to it. you have overpopulation and unemployed young men in these countries who unlike european unemployed men can't get laid due to their religion leaving them with only violence as an outlet of their sexual frustation.
Why am I not surprised?

Stop spewing shit, will you?

Quote:
Quote:
But, but. Bin-laden

Only such dumb statements can come from LisickiFan or whatever the hell its username is. I guess you're not at all interested in the images posted by miffedmax and Volcana as the protesters don't subscribe to this "message" of yours. The sooner you realise that Bin Laden and his puppets are not representative of the majority of Muslims, the better for them and you.

The guy behind this film is a selfish and disgusting asshole especially that he went on with it despite knowing the possible chaos it would cause. He's got blood on his hands and is as much guilty of the murders.
nufflemutts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #87
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Muslims, in general, have always been overly sensitive about their religion. Well religious people in general are overly sensitive but right now Muslims seem to be the most.

As an athiest i never take the mick out of religions i rather a logical debate show how silly they are really.

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #88
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody here saw that movie, nobody there saw that movie.

Just a mention of an anti Mohammed video and protest start.

Seriously all some of these people need is a twig and they start a fire.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #89
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodil. View Post
We have a bottle of coca cola and some mentos at the ready

Exactly.

All the US government does is meddle. If there is so much anti-American hatred in these countries GTFO.

Oh yeah, if they did that they couldn't pillage all their natural resourses and give a lot of $$$ making building contracts to US construction companies

I feel sorry for most Americans, believing all the lies.

The rest of the world is not an episode of Laguna Beach.

The least that can happen in these lands is free teeth whitening and Abercrombie and Fitch stores for all
You're a fucking idiot. If you're gonna ride around on a high horse, take your head out of it's ass.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #90
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsser View Post

Egyptian-born Anti-Islam filmmaker goes into hiding after photo emerges

Hey Nakoula, I'll "watch" the chick 4U while you're in hiding, ala Salman Rushdie.