Anti-American anger sweeps Muslim world - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:02 AM   #61
country flag Expat

Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti-American anger sweeps Muslim world

1) people commenting on this thread probably don't think much about religion.
2) in many islamic countries insulting islam is punishable by death so they are acting normally according to their culture.
3) this will become much more common in the "western" world as muslims become the majority in europe.
4) get used to it. you have overpopulation and unemployed young men in these countries who unlike european unemployed men can't get laid due to their religion leaving them with only violence as an outlet of their sexual frustation.
Advertisement

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #62
country flag M2k
Poetic at Heart

M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute M2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halardfan View Post
The guy who made the video is a monumental asshole and by all accounts his video is vile if wholly amateurish stuff.

That said the hysterical and sometimes violent reaction of some Muslims is too much. If they are so convinced of their faith, they should have a thick enough skin to disregard things said about their religion, no matter how bad.

They also have no monopoly on being offended...at so many such events the American flag is burnt by a baying mob...surely that is profoundly offensive to many Americans too?
I welcome those Muslims who have stood against such behaviour and hope they can prevail.
It really is a shame that a silly little film(insignificant when you compare it to real world problems) could awake the worse feelings in a human being. Such a waste of energy, misguided in it's efforts.
If only we could put all that raw energy and effort to good use... I don't know saving the starving women/children of Darfur. Ending Bacha bazi? Anything worthwhile...
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you."
- K. Blackburn –
M2k is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #63
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkten View Post
I do think Obama gives a fuck about Muslims, just as he cares about individuals of all religions. If you don't, then you know nothing about his worldview or what drove him into politics in the first place. As I said in my earlier post, Americans for the most part, are as welcoming and as open to different religions, races, and cultures as any other country in the world. If they weren't, then Obama wouldn't have been elected in the first place. For some reason, other nations like to look down on America but I've spent an extensive amount of time in other countries and I am always astonished at how backward all of these supposed enlightened countries are on race relations and toward religions that are different from their own. It's easy to scapegoat a certain country but the average American could not give a shit about whether someone is a Muslim or whether someone is from the middle east. Sure, there are extremists and racists here but no more than there are in other Western countries.

Now, the Iraq war was a massive mistake that was brought on by a few religious zealots because they had their puppet in office in GWB but I can assure you that most Americans are not happy with how that turned out, particularly after it was found out they were lied to about WMD.

This thread is very frustrating especially when you see people criticizing Americans the same way they claim Americans criticize Muslims or other countries. It's so hypocritical.

The US Presidential elections.

My favourite show

A coupple of put-together actors lying and blanding their way to office.

Whoever is the most middle of the road wins and everyone exclaims how he will change the world, only for him to be a carbon copy of the last President.

Remember how Obama was gonna make it all better?

How did that work out for you?

Mitt Romney will be exactly the same.

At least countries who don't have elections are upfront about it, you do realise that whoever you vote for it's the same people who run the country?

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #64
country flag Sgt.Timmykinz

Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...s-libya/56803/

The Arabic phrase above (next to) "Islam against terrorism" says "No to violence." That's on a lot of the signs.

Update III: Benmansour explains the sign on the right approximately translates as, "We disapprove/condemn the humiliation of the prophet but NOT with Terrorism."
I do love how 99% of people in this thread ignored this post and continued as if it was never made because it conflict with their twisted view that the arab world is full of American hating barbaric animals!

Before we condemn whole regions of the world, wouldn't it be nice to know how many people are actually rioting and how many have no involvement at all?

And FYI anti-american sentiments are rife around the world, and its not just confined to Arab countries, I've traveled the world and the majority of people I've met here in the UK, in France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, West Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia have had negative attitudes to America and Americans. Even the Americans I met traveling made no defense for their country, knowing and understanding why such attitudes exist and when faced with the atrocities that can be directly linked back to America (like in Cambodia) they were open in their condemnation of their own country.
Sgt.Timmykinz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #65
country flag Expat

Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute

America is hated because America is powerful. That's always been the case be it the British empire, the Chinese, the Ottomans. I rather be hated than be pitied upon. And there are plenty of countries that like us. Israel, Poland, South Korea, Kosovo, Taiwan to name a few. Because we are in a sense powerful enough to guarantee their safety.
It really is funny that countries like France whose wartime flag is a white cross on a white background disparage us.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #66
country flag JJ Expres

JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute JJ Expres has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat View Post
America is hated because America is powerful. That's always been the case be it the British empire, the Chinese, the Ottomans. I rather be hated than be pitied upon. And there are plenty of countries that like us. Israel, Poland, South Korea, Kosovo, Taiwan to name a few. Because we are in a sense powerful enough to guarantee their safety.
It really is funny that countries like France whose wartime flag is a white cross on a white background disparage us.
you are delusional..so self-centered
JJ Expres is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #67
country flag Soliloque
La nuit je mens

Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What does France has to do with anything now ?

And you wonder why America is hated in the world ? Sadly it's because of the irritating and laughable behaviour of a minority like you.
Soliloque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #68
country flag Mynarco
INAZUMA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #69
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This will be news to the French members of the occupation in Afghanistan
Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #70
country flag Soliloque
La nuit je mens

Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute

Also to those who fought during the War of Independence.
Soliloque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #71
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That said the hysterical and sometimes violent reaction of some Muslims is too much. If they are so convinced of their faith, they should have a thick enough skin to disregard things said about their religion, no matter how bad.
I agree with that. However I don't think religion is the only - or maybe even primary - driving force. Many see the USA as part of an oppressive, dominate force that invades and/or destabilizes their countries and way of life. I don't see that view as being off-the-charts but targeting innocent civilians is way out of bounds.

Also let's not forget that a few centuries ago Christian establishment leaders were busy putting "heretics" to death. People often blame religion but IMO that's a simplistic reduction. Religion is used as a convenient point around which those who seek power at any cost can rally others. Ethnicity, nationality have been similarly used.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #72
country flag Expat

LOL. Seriously the day America starts worrying about what the rest of the world thinks of us is the day I am worried about America's safety.

And Bush being president or Obama being president doesn't make a iota of difference. I was laughing hard when liberals used to say that Obama being elected would lead to an improvement in our relations with the Islamic world. We are hated because we are Americans who are looking out for our interests and our allies interests. That's not going to change because we have a half Muslim as the president unless he is a traitor and Obama is not one.

Last edited by Expat : Sep 16th, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
Expat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #73
country flag NoppaNoppa

NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of

Go, go, go!!!
NoppaNoppa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #74
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
America is hated because America is powerful. That's always been the case be it the British empire, the Chinese, the Ottomans.
I have to laugh because in attempting to bolster your viewpoint you have defeated it. Many of us know what the EE, the Chinese (actually the Han dynasty) and the Ottomans did to nations and groups less powerful than them. It's obvious that they were hated for how they used their power.

The "they hate us because we're powerful" viewpoint is one of the most ignorant cliches around. Laughable in fact. It's a viewpoint adopted only by those whose degree of nationalism results in a "head up their ass" effect where they are not able to look at their nation with any objective.

I'll also add that Americans as a whole aren't hated but the ones who have stupid viewpoints like "you hate us because we're powerful" often are. Either hated, laughed at or pitied.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #75
country flag NoppaNoppa

NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of NoppaNoppa has much to be proud of

Quote:
The guy who made the video is a monumental asshole and by all accounts his video is vile if wholly amateurish stuff.
I think we all got muslim message on 9/11
NoppaNoppa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote