Venus Takes Washington Kastles to 32-0 in epic 20-19 WTT Finals Win!!! MVPnus!!!!! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #16
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venus To Take Washington Kastles to 32-0 in the WTT Finals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim4life227 View Post
Why can't Ana take the Sofia WC? Does the WTA realize that's her only chance for titles anymore?

I would love for Venus to play there. Only chance I'd actually watch that crapfest tournie.
Because Serbia is in the Fed Cup Final. Which is the same week.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #17
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight at 6:30 is the Western Final. Venus is Saturday at 6:30.

Line-up Changes:
Martina Hingis is Out once again, replaced by Kveta Peschke.
Coco Vandeweghe added to Capitals team.

SO this means that tomorrow Venus will play against Harkleroad in singles, Harkleroad/Peschke in Doubles and Mixed whatever team that would be.

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #18
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Venus Looks For WTT Title

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Venus Williams hopes to end a healthy and successful summer with another first -- a World Team Tennis championship.

Williams will play for the defending champion Washington Kastles at the WTT Finals Weekend at the Family Circle Tennis Center in Charleston. Orange County takes on Sacramento for the Western Conference crown Friday night before Williams' Kastles face John McEnroe and the New York Sportimes on Saturday in the Eastern Conference finals.

The conference champions meet Sunday for the WTT title.

"This is exciting," Williams said by phone Thursday. "I've never won a World Team Tennis title and maybe I can help the Kastles win again."

It's already been a satisfying season for the 32-year-old Williams. She competed in the final three Grand Slam events this year after withdrawing from the 2011 U.S. Open because of Sjogren's syndrome, an autoimmune disease that can cause fatigue and joint pain.

The highlight came at the London Olympics, when she teamed with sister Serena to capture the doubles gold medal for Team USA.

It was Venus Williams' fourth Olympic gold and confirmed her belief she was still capable of competing at the game's highest level.

"It was the pinnacle and what I was going for over there," she said. "My whole dream was us winning the gold for the U.S."

It's still a struggle at times for the seven-time Grand Slam champion. Her condition can leave her listless some days. But she said she certainly feels stronger now than when she last came to South Carolina's coast in April to play in the Family Circle Cup.

Williams, in just her second event since her diagnosis, reached the quarterfinals before falling to 2011 U.S. Open champion Samantha Stosur. She's played a handful of marquee events since then. Williams made the semifinals at Cincinnati last month, losing to Li Na of China.

"I do, I feel stronger and think I'm making some progress," she said.

This week, the Williams sisters announced plans for an exhibition match against each other in South Africa in November.

The mid-summer tennis league usually finishes up competition in July after a three-week season -- last year's finals, the first played in Charleston, took eight hours to complete after several rain delays -- however, the Olympic tournament in July and August, plus the regular summer run of lead-up events to the U.S. Open led WTT organizers to push back the weekend.

Founder Billie Jean King says it gave local organizers more time to plan and promote the weekend and gave players something to look forward to.

That's the case for Venus Williams, who has played nine seasons of World Team Tennis without capturing a title. She has had success at this venue before, winning the Family Circle in 2004 among her 43 career WTA singles titles.

Williams enjoys the camaraderie and teamwork of the WTT.

"Being on a team, the crowd support, knowing every game counts," she said. "All those things are amazing."

The Kastles have won 30 straight matches, winning the title last season. Williams said she's eager to keep that run going this weekend.

Williams lost in the second round of the U.S. Open last month to Angelique Kerber, 6-2, 5-7, 7-5. She acknowledged then losing matches like that was not fun. In the wake of such tennis champions as Andy Roddick and Kim Clijsters retiring after the year's final major, could Williams make a similar decision?

Not now, she said, when she's enjoying her time playing the circuit.

"I still want to be out there, competing well," Williams said. "I feel good and I feel I've had some good results, so that's my plan."
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #19
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Get it, Vee. Get your first won WTT title. Even though I am pretty sure she got trophies for 2006 and 2011. But she wants to actually win it.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #20
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

From the Venue in Charleston where the Finals are Held:

And the court:

Vee's teammates are there already: Leander, Bobby, and Anastasia.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #21
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

GL to Venus for WTT, may she get that title and never play WTT again

Can't wait to finally see her and Serena in South Africa in November
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #22
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Western Final is starting Coco, ALG, Kevin Anderson, and Mark Knowles highlight the night's action.

Coverage for tomorrow's 6:30pm match will be online. 12:30am tape version will be on NBC Sports Network. Then the Final will be 3:30pm on Sunday also LIVE on NBC Sports Network.

Last edited by Uranium : Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #23
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Sacramento Capitals are the Western Conference Champions and are into the Finals.

Orange County set the OOP this way: Men's Singles, Mixed, Men's Doubles, Women's Singles, and Women's Doubles.

Sacramento Capitals def. Orange County Breakers 25-15
Men's Singles: Kevin Anderson (SAC) def. John-Patrick Smith (OCB) 5-3
Mixed Doubles: Yasmin Schnack/Mark Knowles* (SAC) def. Anna-Lena Groenefeld/John-Patrick Smith (OCB) 5-4(3)
Men's Doubles: Kevin Anderson/Mark Knowles (SAC) def. Travis Parrott/John-Patrick Smith (OCB) 5-1
Women's Singles: Coco Vandeweghe (SAC) def. Jana Juricova (OCB) 5-4(0)
Women's Doubles: Asia Muhammad/Yasmin Schnack (SAC) def. Anna-Lena Groenefeld/Jana Juricova (OCB) 5-3

*Knowles was substituted in for Anderson after the first game in Mixed. Schnack was substituted in for Vandeweghe after the third game in Mixed.

Orange County as I said set the OOP. I presume because they were the top team from the West Conference. By that same logic that means Washington Kastles will set the OOP for tomorrow against New York Sportimes.

Last edited by Uranium : Sep 16th, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #24
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Venus missed the Player's Party

Her team:

And the Grand Prize that everyone is Fighting For; the King Trophy:

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #25
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Venus has arrived! With yet another fucking hair do change. Bitch wants to be bald. I swear.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #26
country flag dynamoRockstarr
Venus Fan

dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute

I told yall she was wearing Serena's wig!!!

Planet Venus

[SouthSide, Duval, Keys, Stephens]
dynamoRockstarr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #27
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

^She got rid of it quick though

Eastern Conference Final is in 9 hours and 15 minutes. Venus to take on Harkleroad in Singles and Harkleroad/Peschke in Doubles.

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #28
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Venus has arrived! With yet another fucking hair do change. Bitch wants to be bald. I swear.
This is like her 8th one since the French Open. She better take a break during the offseason.

But @ Harry peeking up in the bottom of that pic.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #29
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

^Seriously. 1) Long black weave for RG, 2) brown braids for Wimbledon, 3) braids taken out/natural for WTT match #1, 4) Red, white, blue braids for WTT matches #2, 3, and Olympics, 5) brown and pink braids for Cincy and US Open, 6) cornrows for Serena's match, 7) big curly weave, 8) this thing (can't judge it from that pic).

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #30
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

Team dinner! Although, Venus don't eat something!
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote