2011-12 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 47 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 16th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #691
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future
Re: 2011-12 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ats_tennis View Post
I think everyone saw this one coming!

I agree she will be much better off at Notre Dame, although I can't help but feel bad for her because of how much she loved UVA. This was a girl who has worn UVA gear every single day for years. I just spoke to her a little over a month ago and she was telling me how much she loved UVA and how it was a dream come true. So it's sad to see her go
Yea, I was going to post something similar. She loved UVA Guilbeau is ruthless
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 06:55 PM   #692
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Top players from Denver and Stephen Austin to transfer to Utah.

http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/w-te...050812aaa.html

Elena Najera Salas was a 5-star American and Tereza Bekerova had an ITF ranking of 110.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:24 PM   #693
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
Top players from Denver and Stephen Austin to transfer to Utah.

http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/w-te...050812aaa.html

Elena Najera Salas was a 5-star American and Tereza Bekerova had an ITF ranking of 110.

Bekerova is a big pick up; one could have expected defections from S.F. Austin since their coach just took the Houston job. She will replace the graduating # 1 from Utah.

Najea Salas is a depth pick up and will play lower half.

Utah will be as good as they were last year...

if the coach decides to lead given the antics on the court (several players and one particular set of parents). Personally observed issues in three different Utah dual matches where all three opposing coaches were pretty upset with the antics and lack of control by the Utah coach. Phrase 'inmates running the asylum' comes to mind.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 12:52 AM   #694
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Bekerova is a big pick up; one could have expected defections from S.F. Austin since their coach just took the Houston job.
And now it looks like their #1 player is leaving as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Looks like SF Austin will come crashing back down to earth. Its too bad because I like seeing someone different do well.
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 03:49 AM   #695
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

^And Jayawickrema went to Indiana now . It looked good for them as they only lost Shazhko and were gaining Yoo but now the whole program is just falling apart . And some of the girls are no longer friends on Facebook so I wonder if they got into a fight or something? . They seemed like such a close-knit group of girls and were always writing on each others Facebook pages even after the season and now they don't . And now Im not sure what this does for Kordolaimi since now she will be around lesser players at Houston and won't get good practice

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 04:12 AM   #696
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
^And Jayawickrema went to Indiana now . It looked good for them as they only lost Shazhko and were gaining Yoo but now the whole program is just falling apart . And some of the girls are no longer friends on Facebook so I wonder if they got into a fight or something? . They seemed like such a close-knit group of girls and were always writing on each others Facebook pages even after the season and now they don't . And now Im not sure what this does for Kordolaimi since now she will be around lesser players at Houston and won't get good practice
I remember seeing on facebook that Jithmie befriended a family in Indiana and I believe helped her when she played tournaments in the USA a couple years ago. That could be a reason to switch.
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #697
country flag 10sE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
And now Im not sure what this does for Kordolaimi since now she will be around lesser players at Houston and won't get good practice
Yes, it seems that they are all transferring to lesser teams. Stephen Austin would have been a top 25 team if they could have kept the team together.
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #698
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

SF Austin has the right to say no... why have the decided to tank their own team.

Say no, the kids have to sit a year. Particularly when the departing coach is gutting them. That is so wrong.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 01:58 AM   #699
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

And the player who probably has it worst is Nataly Yoo. She had to sit out this year and was going to join next year and she was top 600 WTA IIRC so she probably would've played 1st, Kordolaimi 2nd, Bekerova 3rd, Jayawickrema 4th, Kolovou 5th, Gordo 6th or something like that. Pretty decent lineup and now it sucks for Yoo because she was waiting all this time to join this amazing young team and now she will be 1st and probably the rest of the team will be crap

It was NID though that Sullivan would take Kordolaimi with him to Houston. He really wants to coach her more than anything. Before she even went there, him and his wife went to Greece to stay with Elena and her family and then he went to Greece to watch her play the National Junior Championships and now she's spending the Summer training with him. Even before Sullivan was leaving SFA, Kordolaimi said that she wouldn't go back to Greece for the Summer because she was going to be training with her coach instead....

I hope there was some juicy drama that happened. That would be so interesting

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:21 PM   #700
country flag ats_tennis

ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice ats_tennis is just really nice

Alex Martin is transferring from the University of Texas to the University of South Carolina
ats_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 02:53 AM   #701
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ats_tennis View Post
Alex Martin is transferring from the University of Texas to the University of South Carolina
Nice move, I think she can definitely start there, she lost to Ellis 1-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-3) at NCTC this year.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 02:46 AM   #702
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Mary Jeremiah from Oklahoma State to LSU

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #703
country flag hellas719

More news on the SFA drama, sorry if this is

Antonia Kolovou left and for her Senior year will play at East Tennessee State and when she transferred she posted a Facebook status about how she felt betrayed by people who she thought were her friends . Something must've happened between the SFA team/players

And speaking of that, Eleni Kordolaimi's ITF profile says Patrick Sullivan is her coach, so I guess she had no choice but to go to Houston with him. I feel like he saw the talent in Eleni and wants to coach her on tour one day

Anyways sorry that I keep posting about this, it's just that it involves players that interest me

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #704
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

hellas719 I find your post very intersting.

All these transfers with immediate eligibility has kids and coaches shopping around. It's wrong.

They need to change the rule to be like some other sports where you must sit a year in residency. Kids needs to be more selective and coaches who change jobs should not be able to cherry pick their kids.

Such a rules change would also put more pressure on coaches, like the Virginia coach, because cutting kids from scholarships would become more difficult. Coaches seem willing to take chances and not live up to their bargains also.

Overall there seems far to little commitment on both sides sometimes.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #705
country flag 10sE

I agree and don't understand why tennis doesn't have the same 1 yr sit rule that other sports have for transfers.
That would prevent players from shopping and coaches from poaching. It seems some programs like Tulane and TCU recruit just as much from other college teams as they do from high school.