Donna Vekic - Page 150 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #2236
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

Ok, now I have my own brand new Donna avatar
I hope it'll bring some luck for the final
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #2237
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Ok, now I have my own brand new Donna avatar
I hope it'll bring some luck for the final
Congratulations !
Very beautiful picture of Donna.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #2238
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
and in the U.S., tennis channel will show both semis and the final tomorrow tape delayed starting at 11am (I've already set my tv to record).
Good luck Donna!!
that would be great! but probably won't watch the taped if she loses
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #2239
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Donna Vekic
If I am not dreaming .... tomorrow I will play in the WTA Tashkent FINAL! Found a way to fight through today's match vs.Birnerova Eva (CZS) and won 6-1 3-6 6-1 !!!! Thanks for all the support and warm messages - it's pushing me on. Thx!

I'm so privileged to have so many international fans already !! More than 5000!!! Thanks for the support ... you give me additional energy!!

paulmara is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #2240
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Three threads about Donna right now on the first GM page:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=468200
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=468204
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=468214

All aboard the bandwagon!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #2241
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

A few days ago Donna had just over 3,000 FB fans. Now she has almost 6,000
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #2242
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

more than 6000
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #2243
country flag networthy

^ Already over 6,200

The number increases every time I refresh the page
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 03:26 AM   #2244
country flag networthy

It's crazy to think that Donna is already playing a WTA final at age 16. There are countless pro players who aspire to that their entire careers and never achieve it.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #2245
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

The final starts in a few hours! Can't wait. Meanwhile there's a nice article about Donna on the WTA website.

Vekic's Breakthrough Week In Tashkent

It has been a breakthrough week for 16-year-old Croat Donna Vekic, making the final of the Tashkent Open in her first WTA main draw - the youngest to make it this far at a WTA event in six years.

Before this week Vekic had played WTA qualifying twice but didn't make it out of there, at Kuala Lumpur and the US Open earlier this year, but this week she won all of her qualifying rounds in straight sets to make her first WTA main draw. And it didn't take her long to hang with the big girls, as she upset No.4 seed Magdalena Rybarikova right out of the blocks in the first round.

"It's my first Top 100 win and it really feels great," Vekic said of her 76(3) 63 win over the No.54-ranked Rybarikova that day. "I was very nervous when I was up 5-3 in the first set with three set points, but then I was able to play confidently in the tie-break and the rest of the match. I'm very happy I managed to win!"

Vekic scored another Top 100 victory in the second round, advancing past World No.91 Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino in straight sets, 62 62.

"It's an amazing feeling for me. I'm absolutely thrilled to make my first WTA quarterfinal," she said. "The points are important, but developing my game and developing as an athlete is more important for me in the next few years."

And it didn't stop there, either - Vekic stunned No.64-ranked, No.6-seeded Bojana Jovanovski in the quarterfinals, 64 64. It was her third straight Top 100 victory and all three of them had won WTA titles this year, too - Rybarikova in Washington DC, Arruabarrena-Vecino in Bogotá and Jovanovski in Baku.

"Reaching the semifinals of a WTA tournament has not sunken in yet," Vekic beamed. "I went into the match with a lot of confidence, going for every ball - I've won against Top 100 players three days in a row and it's very exciting."

There was a different challenge awaiting her in the semifinals in Eva Birnerova. Not a Top 100 player - she is ranked No.133 - but someone who has done very well here before, reaching her first WTA final here a year ago. And for the first time this week Vekic lost a set - but the Croat still got the win, 61 36 61.

"Eva was a difficult player and did not give me any rhythm," Vekic said. "I lost my focus in the second set, but it is important to win on days like these."

Vekic is the youngest player to reach a WTA final since a 15-year-old Tamira Paszek won the former WTA event in Portoroz in September 2006.

"It's quite hard to believe all of this. It feels like a dream," Vekic said. "But it's a reality and I am so happy to make my first final at a WTA tournament."

A native of Osijek, Croatia but currently based in London, Vekic stopped playing juniors this summer to concentrate on the pros. "I stopped playing juniors after I lost in the junior quarterfinals at Wimbledon this year - I decided my junior tennis was over and wanted to concentrate on the senior circuit. It's a totally different ball game - I felt more adjusted to the senior level. I feel comfortable.

"I don't think like a 16-year-old. In tennis one has to grow fast, and I think I have matured fast. I love tennis and want to be playing. I have to get stronger physically and mentally and develop my game. I hope to first get into the Top 150 and probably play at a Grand Slam tournament in the near future."

Vekic will break that Top 150 after this week, going to around No.135 by reaching the final and approximately No.120 if she wins the title.

But the beyond-her-years focus kicks in again whenever there's mention of achievements beyond the tennis court. "My aim is to play every match better than the last one. I don't care if I lose too, because I learn from the matches I lose. I've worked really hard this year and I believe hard work pays off.

"I try not to think about rankings too much. If you think about those things too much you may lose focus. All I want is to play well and do well."
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #2246
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I believe that the last time someone so young (or younger) won a WTA title was about 8 years ago (Vaidisova in Vancouver '04), not sure about it but it could be true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Vekic is the youngest player to reach a WTA final since a 15-year-old Tamira Paszek won the former WTA event in Portoroz in September 2006.
My bad
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #2247
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Donna held to 15 to win the first game of the match.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #2248
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future

What happened with live stream??? any link???
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #2249
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

streams aren't working
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #2250
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Stream is back up! We just missed two games. Donna leads 3-2*!
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread