Michelle Kwan Is Engaged - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #1
country flag fifty-fifty

fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of
Post Michelle Kwan Is Engaged

http://www.people.com/people/article...ss-fullcontent

After nine U.S. national figure skating championships, five world championships and two Olympic medals, Michelle Kwan has enough hardware to populate many a trophy case.

On Sept. 3, though, she got the ultimate in bling – a diamond ring.

Kwan, 32, tells PEOPLE that she is engaged to Clay Pell, 30, director for strategic planning on the National Security staff at the White House. The two first met in April 2011.

"It was a simple decision and it made sense, that's what's so exciting to me," Kwan says of the proposal. "We are working together as a team, like in [pair skating]."

Adds Pell: "It was amazing from the very beginning how in sync our way of thinking is, our basic values and our sense of priorities. We just both got each other."

Pell proposed on Block Island, off the coast of Rhode Island.

"It was hot and we were going to go into the water to cool ourselves off a little bit," Kwan says. "I wasn't anticipating going swimming. I said, 'I don't feel comfortable because I don't have my bathing suit on.' He's like, 'No, come on in,' so I said, 'Okay.' "

"I was nervous about wanting to do it right, but I wasn't nervous about what the answer would be," Pell explains. "We had been talking for a while about how we would like to have a family and the idea of getting married and what we wanted to do with our lives – and public service. So I think we both knew where we were relationship-wise and where we were going."

Public service runs in both families. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appointed Kwan to serve on the Council to Empower Women and Girls Through Sports in June; she continues to work in the State Department as a U.S. public policy envoy.

Pell, a JAG and Lieutenant in the U.S. Coast Guard, is the grandson of the late Rhode Island Sen. Claiborne Pell, who established Pell Grants for college 40 years ago.

For more on Kwan's engagement and to see the ring, pick up a copy of this week's PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday
fifty-fifty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #2
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Michelle Kwan Is Engaged

Aw, good for her.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #3
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle Kwan is 32....OMG. I remember the little fourteen-year old phenom.

Time flies.

Good luck to her.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #4
country flag Sally Struthers

Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute

oh.. he's kind of ugly. And she's a cougar.

and why doesn't she date asian people? I kid
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #5
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Struthers View Post
oh.. he's kind of ugly. And she's a cougar.

and why doesn't she date asian people? I kid
I stalked the boyfriend. He's into, umm, Chinese things.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #6
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Struthers View Post
never had any doubt what she would go for
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #7
country flag IceSkaTennisFan

IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

I <3 Michelle. So happy for her. She's finally answered one of my big questions:

IceSkaTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote