Greg Garber(ESPN): "Petra Kvitova - the biggest disappointment" - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #61
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greg Garber(ESPN): "Petra Kvitova - the biggest disappointment"

She is the biggest disappointment only in the eyes of those who bought into the Kvitova = future hype last season. She doesn't have the necessary consistency to dominate or to beat the top players on regular basis.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #62
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
She is the biggest disappointment only in the eyes of those who bought into the hype last season. She doesn't have the necessary consistency to dominate or to beat the top players on regular basis.
Sure, just like your Caroline who doesn't have the necessary consistency to dominate or beat the top 40 players on a regular basis.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #63
country flag SophiaTennis

SophiaTennis is a splendid one to behold SophiaTennis is a splendid one to behold SophiaTennis is a splendid one to behold SophiaTennis is a splendid one to behold SophiaTennis is a splendid one to behold SophiaTennis is a splendid one to behold SophiaTennis is a splendid one to behold SophiaTennis is a splendid one to behold SophiaTennis is a splendid one to behold SophiaTennis is a splendid one to behold SophiaTennis is a splendid one to behold

Leave Petra alone. Many one-time slam winners take a couple of years to win their next major.
SophiaTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #64
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Petra's had a perfectly fine season. Just because she hasn't won a Slam doesn't mean her year has been a waste. She's had solid results at the majors, picked up 2 titles and is #5 overall for the season. Only 4 players can say they outdid her, she's doing just fine. She has many, many years ahead of her to pick up more Slams.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #65
country flag cescsas

cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all

Definitely agree that Petra has been rather unwhelming this year, after last year I though she would kick on and be the dominant force this year instead she's slowly become less and less effective, people have used the argument that GS Quarter finals/4th rounds are good progress well I would agree if your name is Sara Errani for example, someone with the weapons that Petra has should be winning Grand Slams or at leat getting to the final. To me watching her this year she seems to have lost confidence and her shot making dosen't seem as spectacular as it could be and maybe more controversally her intensity dosen't look up to where it could be.

The way I look at it with Petra she should be able to beat the like's of Sharapova/Azarenka as she has more natural power than them and actually plenty more variety really she should be dualling it out with Serena Williams for GS title's as she's probaly the only person who could match her in the power stakes.

Hopefully she can come out Fresh for the start of next year and put this year behind her and call it a learning curve
cescsas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #66
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Sure, just like your Caroline who doesn't have the necessary consistency to dominate or beat the top 40 players on a regular basis.

Weren't you one of the posters who hyped up Kvitova like crazy last year and claim that she would dominate soon? And now you are backpeddling and trying to harp on Caro even more than usual instead?
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #67
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Weren't you one of the posters who hyped up Kvitova like crazy last year and claim that she would dominate soon? And now you are backpeddling and trying to harp on Caro even more than usual instead?
Nope!

Still say Petra can fulfill her potential that way, indeed. No backing off.

For the record, have you read the comments in this and the other thread by posters? Obviously it wasn't just me that felt/feels that way about her.

I will classify this year as transitional, adjustment year. No biggie. Let's see if she rebounds, gets better?

And speaking about the future, weren't you and Da Caro Brigade telling us ad nauseum that she would be a top 10 fixture and Petra would be a bust that would be lucky to be ranked in the top 20 by the end of this year?

That's why I brought her up to Marine Bluebeard.

At least I can still hang on to my player. You done ran out and left the Danish Barn to to Belarus for Vika Matt.

Last edited by Excelscior : Sep 12th, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #68
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I expected her to win at least a major this year to tell you the truth. When on she's unstoppable. She needs to find her form soon though.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #69
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will classify this year as transitional, adjustment year. No biggie. Let's see if she rebounds, gets better?

Yeah, let's see.

Quote:
And speaking about the future, weren't you and Da Caro Brigade telling us ad nauseum that she would be a top 10 fixture and Petra would be a bust that would be lucky to be ranked in the top 20 by the end of this year?

No, I would never say that becuse I can't see into the future.

Quote:
At least I can still hang on to my player. You done ran out and left the Barn to Vika Matt.

I'm not leaving any sinking ships. And I was already rooting for Vika before she won AO, you can read the respective AO threads to see this.
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #70
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not leaving any sinking ships.
Ivanovic, Hantuchova, Pennetta, Petrova, Woz... I believe we can trust you.

Last edited by Cajka : Sep 13th, 2012 at 01:31 AM.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 12:56 AM   #71
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

More Kvitova fans have jumped ship in the last year than Republican Tea Party candidates.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #72
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just like you called those of us who were predicting Wozniacki to drop out of the top 3 a troll, and she drops right out of the top 10 instead. Also your stating those of us who predicted Wozniacki's 2010-2011 results would be her career were idiots, who is the idiot now, LOL! (PS- dont even try coming back with some Kvitova fanboy rebuttal with me as I dont give a dang one way or the other about Petra as my posts on her indicate).
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #73
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
Just like you called those of us who were predicting Wozniacki to drop out of the top 3 a troll

I don't think so, no.
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #74
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
Just like you called those of us who were predicting Wozniacki to drop out of the top 3 a troll, and she drops right out of the top 10 instead. Also your stating those of us who predicted Wozniacki's 2010-2011 results would be her career were idiots, who is the idiot now, LOL! (PS- dont even try coming back with some Kvitova fanboy rebuttal with me as I dont give a dang one way or the other about Petra as my posts on her indicate).
I just noticed the quote on your sig.

Quote:
bad rep from MarineBlue on June 30, 2012: "You hate Woz because she reached the heights which Henin never has and never will, live with it, troll."
Did Marine BlueBeard really say that to you or about Justine/Woz?

If so, it shows the idolatry, idiocy, and all out worship of Caro and her 2 cent number one status her devotees go to church with and hang on to at the House Of Woz.

My god!
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #75
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't jumped ship on Petra and anyone that knows me and my support for Ana will know that it doesn't matter how bad Petra may suck in the future I'll still blindly love her