Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2 - Page 238 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #3556
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

I just hope Rafa is ready and 100% for RG. It does take him a while to recover from these knee flare-ups.
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #3557
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan, but talking about them on another forum made me realize and I have to admit, Andy is - speaking STRICTLY about how good he hits the ball - the best after Federer.
Nadal and Djokovic have more mental strength (let's say had, because seems Murray found it now) and have a much less erratic game, also they are more physical than everyone when they're ok, and that's why they won so much, but talking about tennis skills Andy is often better than them.
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #3558
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
I completely agree. As far as Novak is concerned, he won his one Wimbly and fulfilled his dream of holding that trophy, and I'll be happy even if it stays that way, his game just doesn't sit with that surface. And Andy is I think better than Rafa on grass lately, so we'll see. I'm curious to see how will Roger perform in the next couple of years. Although I think his time of winning hardcourt Slams is over, we'll have to wait and say. He may surprise us again...
Well, Novak and Andy arguably are slightly better hardcourt players than Roger at this stage of his career. But Roger still wins regular tour events on hardcourts and he recently beat Novak on a hardcourt in the Cincinatti masters 1000 event, so he's not far behind, if at all. But of course time isn't on his side. If he wins another one it'll probably have to happen next year.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #3559
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Chrissie
I'd love to see Roger and Maria win AO, not just because it's the next slam (silly me ) but I'd actually prefer that over USO (speaking of HCs) and maybe even over Wimbledon.
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #3560
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, Novak and Andy arguably are slightly better hardcourt players than Roger at this stage of his career. But Roger still wins regular tour events on hardcourts and he recently beat Novak on a hardcourt in the Cincinatti masters 1000 event, so he's not far behind, if at all. But of course time isn't on his side. If he wins another one it'll probably have to happen next year.
I know, but I kind of feel that when it comes to playing in the best-of-five format, they have an advantage. And to win a Slam either one of the big 4 would probably have to beat 2 of the 3 remaining players, and I'm not sure Roger would be able to pull it off in a row Like I said, we'll have to wait and see. Novak arguably played really poor in Cincy final (I mean a bagel, seriously? ), and even with that game managed to push it to an interesting tie-break... Anyway, with everything that's been going on the only sure thing is: AO will be one hell of a tournament

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 04:10 AM   #3561
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

never seen it before, Navratilova in the interview pre-Wimbledon

Quote:
Question:

Sharapova has now won all the four Grand Slams by the age of 25. You were 27 when you achieved that. How many more Grand Slams can she go on and win?

Martina Navratilova:

Well Maria Sharapova is 25. I won two Slams at that age. She now has four, so she is ahead of my pace, but can she sustain it in the next five years? She has been through a lot, an amazing story with her coming back after shoulder surgery that [would have made] most people retire. Or most certainly would not come back to where they were before.

It is an amazing accomplishment physically and mentally, and then emotionally. It is one thing to rehab your shoulder, but to overcome the mental obstacles where she had issues with her service motion, with the technique, the toss all over the place and double faulting – well, she stuck with it and she got over it and now her serve is a weapon and she is back to No 1.

I mean it is an amazing, amazing story, and she is 25, so again if she stays healthy, there is no telling how much she can win. She has improved a lot, she has much better footwork. She used to say she moved like a cow on ice when she played on clay, it certainly did not look like it in Paris. She improved, last year she was better, this year miles better, and it paid off. So there is no telling. If she stays hungry, she has got a bunch of Slams in her I think.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #3562
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
never seen it before, Navratilova in the interview pre-Wimbledon
Question:

Sharapova has now won all the four Grand Slams by the age of 25. You were 27 when you achieved that. How many more Grand Slams can she go on and win?

Martina Navratilova:

Well Maria Sharapova is 25. I won two Slams at that age. She now has four, so she is ahead of my pace, but can she sustain it in the next five years? She has been through a lot, an amazing story with her coming back after shoulder surgery that [would have made] most people retire. Or most certainly would not come back to where they were before.

It is an amazing accomplishment physically and mentally, and then emotionally. It is one thing to rehab your shoulder, but to overcome the mental obstacles where she had issues with her service motion, with the technique, the toss all over the place and double faulting – well, she stuck with it and she got over it and now her serve is a weapon and she is back to No 1.

I mean it is an amazing, amazing story, and she is 25, so again if she stays healthy, there is no telling how much she can win. She has improved a lot, she has much better footwork. She used to say she moved like a cow on ice when she played on clay, it certainly did not look like it in Paris. She improved, last year she was better, this year miles better, and it paid off. So there is no telling. If she stays hungry, she has got a bunch of Slams in her I think.
Wow,it would be cool if she could get to like 8+,but I think 6 is probably a more realistic number for her to end up at. Hopefully she eclipses Hingis
ziros is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #3563
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Some good words there from Martina and also, do I see a hint of what she was saying at the beginning of this year (or was it at the end of last year) - hinting to "it's a question how long she can keep this up physically"... But hey, I guess we all have that on the back of our minds.
AnaIvanovic (breakin my heart all the time), Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Safina, Makiri, Vika, Schiavone (proud of her fighting spirit), W sisters, Petko, Goerges, Alex Krunic (counting on you 2)
ROGER FEDERER,RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #3564
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

The way Maria played at RG I definitely believe she could win it again, surprisingly I can see her winning that before any of the other slams again.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #3565
country flag Trih

IMHO it depends on what she works on. Last year when I saw her 2012 schedule and I saw 3 clay tournaments I immediatly thought she was working with the RG in her mind, now it's just a matter of what her and Thomas decide to focus on.
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #3566
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
u have no idea! I start working at the hospital at 7,30 am, then in the afternoon my commitments as student start, plus I'm the regional president of the order of my professional category (the young one, we have also for every region the elder one, who actually is the only important one ) so yeah, I'm deadly budy
but tomorrow my bf is going to leave for a medical meeting and he will be out of town for almost 2 weeks so I should be more online on tf I guess
Raf You need to get some rest. And dump your bf, joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Yep I'll be such a mess when Roger retires. I mean Andy and Kim were bad enough already.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #3567
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Ew chemistry exam tomorrow. My last exam then i finish year 11
claypova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #3568
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordpova View Post
Ew chemistry exam tomorrow. My last exam then i finish year 11
In September? Whaat?
Lachy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #3569
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
In September? Whaat?
Lol yes, HSC starts next term
claypova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #3570
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I hadn't even started my mock exams by then

But Uni lately is so draining! I used to spend so much time on the internet/doing random shit around my house, now I realised I only have enough time for sleep and occasionally food

Right now I should be doing some study probably but I'm one of those annoying people who don't need to study and just get things

Except today, I had accounting and consumer behaviour tests and I'm 100% sure I failed them both

But I'm not too worried, because I did okay in the assignments and other tests, so I think I'll pass them both anyways