Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2 - Page 237 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #3541
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
SO TRUE !!!!
I totally agree. I absolutely loved his win yesterday, but I would have liked Wimbledon more just because it's different, it's at home, and he fought so much... I don't know, it was so emotional. I remember when Murray was like "I wanna win the USO more than Wimbledon" years ago (before 2008 actually), and since 2008 (when the crowd went wild after he beat Gasquet from two sets and a break down) he has that special behaviour and atmosphere in Wimbledon. LOL @ some people saying Murray prefers more the USO to Wimbledon. Erm. No.

But yes I totally see what you meant. I used to love Rafa and Nole, but after so many tough losses , I grew tired of them. I still like them though. Just not in slams God Nole killed me in RG Jooooo these four matchpoints.. omfg. Yet I was rooting like crazy for Nole in the finale. Idek. I think my constant factor is Murray

True, if Roger and Rafa didn't win as much... because maybe Nole and Andy would not be that good without them to be fair. I don't even know, we will never know. But I know that if they were a bit less strong, the slam count would be more equal.

Same here about Rafa. I was gutted when he withdrew from the USO. Wanted everyone fit here.

Yes !!! You don't have school, uni, anything?
Nole killed me in that Roland Garros final. I know the result doesn't really suggest it, but I think he could have clinched that fourth set hadn't it been for the rain, the momentum was completely on his side. But his serve completely deserted him in that match, and again I think it was just too much pressure on him to achieve what neither Roger nor Rafa managed to do... You're right about top players pushing each other to be better, and that's what's so great about men's tennis nowadays. I felt like Nole got tired of getting all those beatings from Roger and Rafa in previous years, and then really turned it around in 2011. They made him a better player. Same with Rafa. He suffered all those losses to Nole and then he regained his amazing tennis on clay. Nole made him work harder to become better. Roger was in this situation too, he really had to step it up to win Wimbledon... And then Andy, another case in point. He has really risen, not maybe his game that much, but he changed his attitude, which was IMO the only thing stopping him from claiming a Major before. All in all, I really like those dynamics that transpire in men's tennis. Hopefully, this will make Nole work harder as well

And finally to answer your question. I'm a freshman in Uni, but here in Serbia, University starts in October (only for first year though), so I had a really long, nice summer, and I still have some spare time on my hands. Approximately 2 weeks of freedom left But, when my uni starts, I can only imagine that I'll visit TF far less often

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #3542
country flag Lucas_Arg

Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of Lucas_Arg has much to be proud of

I'm dating the hottest guy ever, seriously. Its great almost too good to be true but I found out he had sexy with a friend who I didnt even know was gay. It shocked me and my friend keeps texting him but he told me he doesnt text him back.
Point is im so mad with my friend but I know is unfair, he doesnt know a thing aboyt my relation or the fact that im gay either. I cant ask my "boyfriend" to stop talking with other guys, its been only a month and would make me a control freak.
I need advice!
Lucas_Arg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #3543
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

hello there, how is it goin? I'm doing ok, just a lil bi tired. I'm working a lost as always after a long break for holidays
update me
Rerun is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #3544
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Arg View Post
I'm dating the hottest guy ever, seriously. Its great almost too good to be true but I found out he had sexy with a friend who I didnt even know was gay. It shocked me and my friend keeps texting him but he told me he doesnt text him back.
Point is im so mad with my friend but I know is unfair, he doesnt know a thing aboyt my relation or the fact that im gay either. I cant ask my "boyfriend" to stop talking with other guys, its been only a month and would make me a control freak.
I need advice!
act as u dont care at all, it would be the best thing to do
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #3545
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Nole killed me in that Roland Garros final. I know the result doesn't really suggest it, but I think he could have clinched that fourth set hadn't it been for the rain, the momentum was completely on his side. But his serve completely deserted him in that match, and again I think it was just too much pressure on him to achieve what neither Roger nor Rafa managed to do... You're right about top players pushing each other to be better, and that's what's so great about men's tennis nowadays. I felt like Nole got tired of getting all those beatings from Roger and Rafa in previous years, and then really turned it around in 2011. They made him a better player. Same with Rafa. He suffered all those losses to Nole and then he regained his amazing tennis on clay. Nole made him work harder to become better. Roger was in this situation too, he really had to step it up to win Wimbledon... And then Andy, another case in point. He has really risen, not maybe his game that much, but he changed his attitude, which was IMO the only thing stopping him from claiming a Major before. All in all, I really like those dynamics that transpire in men's tennis. Hopefully, this will make Nole work harder as well

And finally to answer your question. I'm a freshman in Uni, but here in Serbia, University starts in October (only for first year though), so I had a really long, nice summer, and I still have some spare time on my hands. Approximately 2 weeks of freedom left But, when my uni starts, I can only imagine that I'll visit TF far less often
No, I totally agree about RG and Nole tbh. It was obvious. Had he won the fourth, Rafa would have had a meltdown in the last set IMO, he was running out of gas and momentum. Oh well. Soderling remains the Rafa killa legend.

Yes ! It was all about Andy's attitude he was such a headcase so happy things are turning around, it spices up things in the ATP !

What kind of studies? Awww, have fun !
Well, you don't have to study all the time in the uni I still visit TF during my uni time, ok not in december/early january and may, that's true. (exam time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Arg View Post
I need advice!
Tell your friend?
debby is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #3546
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
All jokes aside, I'm glad for him. I have to say I do believe the outcome would have been different had it not been for the wind, but that completely goes on Novak's tab.

I really respect how he finally managed to take some positives from his losses (both at the AO and Wimbledon) and turn it around in his favor. And honestly, you just gotta feel for him (and Novak on some level as well)... I mean, if they hadn't got to play in Roger's and Rafa's era, they would probably split like 12 slams between themselves

Anyway, this should provide for some real battle in the men's tennis. I just hope that Rafa will fully recover and come back soon, because, even though I don't really like his tennis, I like and respect him, and the game just isn't the same without him playing it.
I feel the same about everything.
Because of the StupidSaturday the schedule was fucked up by the weather once again, and playing the day before the final didn't help Nole.. but Andy deserved it after so many losses, so congrats to him.
And, coming from a Roger/Nole fan, I was really gutted when Rafa didn't play OG and USO, I hope he comes back as soon as possible because he means so much to this sport, and if they all 4 stay fit during 2013 we will have a memorable season.
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #3547

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
No, I totally agree about RG and Nole tbh. It was obvious. Had he won the fourth, Rafa would have had a meltdown in the last set IMO, he was running out of gas and momentum. Oh well. Soderling remains the Rafa killa legend.

Yes ! It was all about Andy's attitude he was such a headcase so happy things are turning around, it spices up things in the ATP !

What kind of studies? Awww, have fun !
Well, you don't have to study all the time in the uni I still visit TF during my uni time, ok not in december/early january and may, that's true. (exam time)
Molecular biology Of course I won't study all the time But, I doubt I'll hang out as much on TF as I do atm Anyway, as long as I get to watch a lot of tennis, I'll be good. You know what, it occurred to me how lucky we actually are. I mean, tennis season is probably the longest of all sports, we have 4 Majors (2 months of super-quality and intense tennis per year), and a bunch of other big tournaments. I have a friend who is crazy about swimming and she only gets to watch it like 2 times per year top I think I'd die watching tennis so rarely What are you studying at your uni?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
I feel the same about everything.
Because of the StupidSaturday the schedule was fucked up by the weather once again, and playing the day before the final didn't help Nole.. but Andy deserved it after so many losses, so congrats to him.
And, coming from a Roger/Nole fan, I was really gutted when Rafa didn't play OG and USO, I hope he comes back as soon as possible because he means so much to this sport, and if they all 4 stay fit during 2013 we will have a memorable season.
Yup, that Saturday was anything but SuperSat in the end And it really didn't do Novak any good But I was actually surprised that he physically couldn't keep up in the end, because he has been very dominant in that aspect as well in the past year and a half (I seriously don't know where he got the energy to pull off that AO final ). Well, he's not a machine...

I honestly can't wait for 2013. I mean look at this year, and look who the Slam winners are, the best players of the season in both men's and women's tennis: Nole, Rafa, Roger and Andy/Vika, Maria and Serena... (we just miss Aga to fill in the void ) So, I think we're in for a new chapter in the history of tennis, there's no more dominance of a single player, but of a group of them, and it should be interesting seeing how things develop among those groups (with women's tennis being more open ofc) As long as Maria and Novak win a Slam next year (preferably RG, both of them, or Australia for Maria and RG for Nole) I'll be super happy

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #3548
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
hello there, how is it goin? I'm doing ok, just a lil bi tired. I'm working a lost as always after a long break for holidays
update me

You must be very busy these days?
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #3549
country flag Rerun
procrastination

u have no idea! I start working at the hospital at 7,30 am, then in the afternoon my commitments as student start, plus I'm the regional president of the order of my professional category (the young one, we have also for every region the elder one, who actually is the only important one ) so yeah, I'm deadly budy
but tomorrow my bf is going to leave for a medical meeting and he will be out of town for almost 2 weeks so I should be more online on tf I guess
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #3550
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Do you even have time to watch the tennis? Does you're bf like Maria, or just suffer her for your sake?
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #3551
country flag Rerun
procrastination

he hates Maria....I pretty much watch tennis at night
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #3552
country flag jameshazza

No way... Does he like any players?
Do you not watch the matches live then?
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #3553
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
he hates Maria....I pretty much watch tennis at night
Nuooh he must be converted to being a Masha fan, bring him here.
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #3554
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SO TRUE !!!!
I totally agree. I absolutely loved his win yesterday, but I would have liked Wimbledon more just because it's different, it's at home, and he fought so much...
Well, since I'm a Fed-fan I'm happy that it WASN'T Wimbledon. But even for Andy himself I think it's better this way. If he had won Wimbledon before winning the Olympics it would feel like winning Wimbledon two times in the space of one month and it would have made his Olympic gold feel less special. But now he has two big titles on two different surfaces. He still has time to win Wimbledon in the future. Roger will probably still be a contender for one or two more years max, grass isn't Novak's best surface (although he's obviously great on anything) and Rafa's future is uncertain because of his knee problems. One year can be an eternity in tennis, so who knows what will happen next, but by the looks of it chances are that Murray will win Wimbledon sooner or later.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #3555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, since I'm a Fed-fan I'm happy that it WASN'T Wimbledon. But even for Andy himself I think it's better this way. If he had won Wimbledon before winning the Olympics it would feel like winning Wimbledon two times in the space of one month and it would have made his Olympic gold feel less special. But now he has two big titles on two different surfaces. He still has time to win Wimbledon in the future. Roger will probably still be a contender for one or two more years max, grass isn't Novak's best surface (although he's obviously great on anything) and Rafa's future is uncertain because of his knee problems. One year can be an eternity in tennis, so who knows what will happen next, but by the looks of it chances are that Murray will win Wimbledon sooner or later.
I completely agree. As far as Novak is concerned, he won his one Wimbly and fulfilled his dream of holding that trophy, and I'll be happy even if it stays that way, his game just doesn't sit with that surface. And Andy is I think better than Rafa on grass lately, so we'll see. I'm curious to see how will Roger perform in the next couple of years. Although I think his time of winning hardcourt Slams is over, we'll have to wait and see. He may surprise us again...

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Last edited by Tennisvampire : Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:38 PM.
Closed Thread