Which Grand Slam do you want to be Maria's first #2? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which one?

Australian Open 7 8.43%
Roland Garros 5 6.02%
Wimbledon 64 77.11%
US Open 7 8.43%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #46
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which Grand Slam do you want to be Maria's first #2?

This feels like a good time to bump this
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #47
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I would love for her to win AO and RG back to back.
Because she would have won two in a row for the first time, and defended a Slam for the first time simultaneously.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #48
country flag humanabstract

humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold

I have a feeling Masha will definitely win at least one of GS next year, so I don't care which exactly

and I'll yell and I'll scream at the top of my lungs
and I'll try to show you this is who I've become
humanabstract is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #49
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanabstract View Post
I have a feeling Masha will definitely win at least one of GS next year, so I don't care which exactly
impossible, Maria only wins slams on even years!
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #50
country flag humanabstract

humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordpova View Post
Oh God, forgot about that!

It's time to break the rules in 2013

and I'll yell and I'll scream at the top of my lungs
and I'll try to show you this is who I've become
humanabstract is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #51
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Right! I mean, she always won one slam per year in even years, ok, so it's time to win two slam per year in uneven years.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #52
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanabstract View Post
Oh God, forgot about that!

It's time to break the rules in 2013
After all the big finals she reached in 2012 on HC, I'd be very disappointed if she doesn't win 1 major on HC. I want the OZ for next year and another French. She also needs to take advantage of the lack of competition on clay to win every F.O from now on.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #53
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I keep saying, I really feel the one she NEEDS to win again is the Australian Open. Plexicushion is such a great fit for her game that she just can't end with 1 title there.

Even though I know some will disagree with me, I do still feel slow hardcourts are a bit better surface for her than clay, but obviously there's less competition on clay so she should have a good chance at RG again. I think this year proved that there's nothing about the US Open surface that doesn't gel with her game, although she'll probably need the stars to align in terms of the weather for her to win it again.... Wimbledon is the least likely by far.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #54
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much what dsanders said. Her record has been impeccable in Melbourne throughout the years, if we disregard the post-surgery recovery 2010 and adapting to new coach 2011. No reason why she can't win the AO again, unless of course the other AO-GOAT is standing in her way
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #55
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordpova View Post
Its the perfect time to end this pattern

I think I voted wimbledon but honestly I would love if it was AO. My favourite slam
cautiouslip is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 03:54 AM   #56
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

She needs to win AO. Plain and simple. Her main opponent (Vika) will maybe be feeling a little bit of pressure as the defending champ and if they meet in a final, there is NO doubt in my mind, that Vika will still be feeling a hangover from that choke in the USO final.

If she faces Serena pretty much game over, unless they both surprise us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #57
country flag os400

os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice os400 is just really nice

Roland Garros please
os400 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #58
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterPova View Post
She needs to win AO. Plain and simple. Her main opponent (Vika) will maybe be feeling a little bit of pressure as the defending champ and if they meet in a final, there is NO doubt in my mind, that Vika will still be feeling a hangover from that choke in the USO final.

If she faces Serena pretty much game over, unless they both surprise us.
Serena won't be in the same form next year. This year it was Olympic season and she was well prepared to win medals on it, despite her form looked a bit suspiscious.....
Next year she most probably will be not that fit and her age will be more visible on court

As for Masha, she just need to get some wins vs Vika , Aga etc on Tier 1/2 tournaments to get more confidence when reaching Semis at GS. And something should be improved with the serve , because it's not good if even I can predict where her serve will go

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #59
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind any Grandslam, I will take any of them.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #60
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

any, so she can prove that she's not a vulture.
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote