Who do you want to win USO12 Final, Victoria Azarenka or Serena Williams? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Victoria Azarenka 56 37.33%
Serena Williams 94 62.67%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #61
country flag FoxyliciousKhat

FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who do you want to win USO12 Final, Victoria Azarenka or Serena Williams?

I always want Venus or Serena to win if either are in the final against anyone not named Williams.

However, this is a tough one for me.

I want Serena to win, this just because of what has happened the last two times she's played.

...But I want Vika to get that second slam so badly.

I just hope for a great match and they both leaving it all on the court.

Foxy

WORD: Just because your friend or the pundits or the crowd doesn't agree or dislike something doesn't mean you need to, you are actually entitled to your own opinion even if it doesn't agree with that of everyone else. Don't be a a negativity sheep!
FoxyliciousKhat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #62
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Sorry, but there is no debate here.
Take a deep breath and re-read what I posted.

Any sport will grow and evolve when a single player rises above and raises the bar.

What you and the other poster fail to realize is that this has been the case throughout human history.

It doesn't matter a freak'n itch if a "rivalry" exists or not.
One player will ALWAYS rise above the others and prompt their constituents to do the same.

Currently, Serena has surpassed every rivalry she's faced, and is progressing even further.
NOW, we are at a stage in the WTA when the rest have to meet that challenge.

Capisci?
as usual, Well stated.

In fact, I will go as far as to say that rivalries don't necessarily increase the interest in a sport at all, but extraordinary teams and/or individuals do.

rivalries are great for fans, but rivalries, in and of themselves, aren't necessarily special or extraordinary. However, when a player or team distinguishes themselves well beyond the ordinary and shows themselves to be once in a generation special, then people who wouldn't normally have tuned in do so because ithey want to see something they may never see again in their lifetime, thus expanding the Fanbase.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #63
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post
Another poster who thinks his opinions are hard facts (sigh)
As for the highlighted sentence, all I can say is especially when we're talking about an individual sport like tennis.
Of course I can give many other examples from other sports as well disproving the notion that a great athlete against a sub-par field is good for the sport.
Is that the best you can do?

Where is your counter argument disproving my post?
When a poster relies on and smileys, everyone knows that you've lost the argument.

What I posted has nothing to do with "opinion".
It's already a proven fact that "individuals" become standouts and promote progression. Whether it be a sport or a field of study.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
as usual, Well stated.

In fact, I will go as far as to say that rivalries don't necessarily increase the interest in a sport at all, but extraordinary teams and/or individuals do.

rivalries are great for fans, but rivalries, in and of themselves, aren't necessarily special or extraordinary. However, when a player or team distinguishes themselves well beyond the ordinary and shows themselves to be once in a generation special, then people who wouldn't normally have tuned in do so because ithey want to see something they may never see again in their lifetime, thus expanding the Fanbase.
Absolutely!

To believe that "rivalries" is all that promotes the progression of anything humans do, is a narrow-minded view at best.
Rivalries are fine and all, but humans always desire something or someone extra-ordinary.
And when someone fills that void, another follows suit.

This is common sense stuff here.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #64
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Pizzarenka at least will take some bagels and breadsticks home...
Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #65
country flag cn ireland

cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future

Serena Williams

Twitter: @NoelDoyle4
cn ireland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #66
country flag friendsita

friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future

I want/think Serena will win.
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #67
country flag T-rex

T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
It's better for the sport if Serena beats Vika easily, TBH. Having a great player at the top forces the other players to improve their games. Vika's serve is pathetic and she won't have the motivation to improve it if she can still beat everyone as it is now. I see a lot of top players with unfulfilled potential and they need somebody like Serena to show them what a truly great player looks like in order to give them a reality check and a good swift kick in the rear.

One of the great myths of sports is that parity leads to popularity. That is 100% factually wrong. Stars lead to popularity. Dominance grows the sport. Dynasty's attract more fans.

Serena winning tomorrow is by far, the best outcome for the sport.
T-rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote