** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 337 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #5041
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

As always, wonderful interview after a loss.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #5042
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

You already said it all, great interview after a loss.
Trih is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #5043
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

As always a great interview in spite of the loss. Now rest up, eat some vanilla with rainbow sprinkles ice cream and then kick everyone's arse in the Asian swing.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #5044
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Sheer class from Maria. Win or lose she will always be a champion.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #5045
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit, I was worried that she'd be a bit bitter in this interview, after how she scowled at Azarenka at the handshake Glad to see she's as much of a champion off the court as ever
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #5046
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I have to admit, I was worried that she'd be a bit bitter in this interview, after how she scowled at Azarenka at the handshake Glad to see she's as much of a champion off the court as ever
Damn, I wasn't watching the handshake, I pretty much turned off the TV the moment she lost
Amazing interview, but what else could we expect from Maria? She is a true champion in her heart
Her talk about ice-cream made my day

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #5047
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I loved this:

"After I won the French Open of course I was so happy, but I had this really calm feeling that, you know, like a settlement in my career. Like it wasn't like I wanted to go out and party and tell the whole world that I had won. It was just this feeling within in me that I had achieved something that I had worked for."
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #5048
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I really liked this interview, stated the obvious in how it was on her terms and she blew it with those UEs, but stated it in the classiest of manners. It's all in HOW things are said.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #5049
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Well if we play on complete honesty, Maria has had bitter/b*thcy pressers after she lost and sometimes even after she won in the past; but not due to opponents, due to press being harsh towards her.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #5050
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
I really liked this interview, stated the obvious in how it was on her terms and she blew it with those UEs, but stated it in the classiest of manners. It's all in HOW things are said.
Exactly
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #5051
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
Well if we play on complete honesty, Maria has had bitter/b*thcy pressers after she lost and sometimes even after she won in the past; but not due to opponents, due to press being harsh towards her.
Honestly, even without my Stan hat on, I really do think there's been VERY few post-loss interviews where she's been bitter. The most bitter I ever saw from her was after she lost to Wozniacki at the USO in 2010 (she basically said she dictated the course of the entire match, and when asked if she thought Woz could win the tournament, she made some really bland comment like "This is a good opportunity for her" in a really grudging tone of voice ).

Tbh, as lovely as she is generally, even Kim has slightly more of a track record for being bitter after losses than Maria does (thinking particularly of her interview after that "WTF" loss to Petrova at the AO2010).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #5052
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

There is nothing wrong in being bitter!!! Big and real champs hate losing so I fogive them when they are not sweet in pressers, actually, I even like them being b*tchy sometimes.
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 07:54 AM   #5053
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Maria confirmed to play Brisbane:

OMG - her butt at 0:12 is just
ziros is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #5054
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of

http://thecitizen.co.tz/sport/-/2567...on-in-brisbane

Quote:
Serena and Sharapova set to start 2013 season in Brisbane

Brisbane. Reigning US Open and Wimbledon champion Serena Williams and French Open winner Maria Sharapova will start their 2013 seasons at the Brisbane International, organisers said yesterday.Williams, who defeated world No. 1 Victoria Azarenka to win the US Open this month for her 15th Grand Slam title, said she was looking forward to being back in Brisbane.

"It helps me prepare. I get a great tournament -- tough field," she said of the lead-up event to the Australian Open, the first Grand Slam of the season. "I had so much fun this year but unfortunately it ended fast for me with the disaster of an injury. I want to do well there (in Brisbane)."

The 30-year-old American reached the quarter-finals of the 2012 event but withdrew prior to the match with a left ankle sprain.Sharapova, whose French Open win crowned her return from a serious shoulder injury that nearly wrecked her career, is set to make her first appearance at the December 30-January 6 tournament.

"Going into Australia after a long off season you always want to have the best possible matches," she said."I tried to put Brisbane on the map last year but unfortunately couldn't make it out of injury -- I have heard so many great things about it. It is such a big event for all the players." (AFP)
Angelpova is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #5055
country flag MM_1257

I digged this out:
http://www.juanqui.net/20041015/eque...for-sharapova/
Quote:
Equelite Is “Home Away From Home” For Sharapova
from Equelite.com
15 October 2004

This past week, Equelite was graced once more by the presence of the beautiful reigning Wimbledon champion, Maria Sharapova. Besides the personal friendship that the lovely Russian has with Juan Carlos Ferrero, she was so impressed with the extensive installations in the tranquil countryside in her first visit, that the academy has become for her her “house in Europe”.

This opinion was shared by her new coach, ex-ATP tour player, Michael Joyce. He was equally impressed by the installations and the quiet setting. Yuri, Maria’s father, a fan of hiking, could also be seen enjoying the surroundings.

Throughout her stay, Maria was able to combine her rigorous training with moments of relax, almost like a regular teenager, like a night out to the movies. The Russian champion was absolutely graceful and charming to all she met, making her superpopular and a welcome guest always. All at Equelite wish her sincerely the best in her next tournaments and in the Porsche Race to the Championships.
And this:
http://www.runningforehand.com/2012/...-of-tradition/
Quote:
When she passed by Equelite after completing her Career Grand Slam in Paris, Sharapova acknowledged those who believed in her and helped her for so long:“I remember that two years ago, Juan Carlos told me that he thought that with a few little adjustments in my game, I could win Roland Garros. I don’t think many more people thought that. [...] I wanted to come to the Juan Carlos Ferrero – Equelite Academy to rest and share this triumph with them, as they have always treated me fantastically and believed in me, as well as because of my friendship with Juan Carlos. On top of my family and my coach [Thomas Hogstedt], I would also like to thank my physio, Juan Reque, and the doctor Nacho Muñoz for the last few years, in which they have helped me overcome physical issues that threatened my tennis career.”
Closed Thread