WSJ Article: Martina & Lindsay Blast Patrick McEnroe & USTA Treatment of Taylor - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #16
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WSJ Article: Martina & Lindsay Blast Patrick McEnroe & USTA Treatment of Taylor

Lindsay and Martina, even more respect for these two champs now
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #17
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WSJ Article: Martina & Lindsay Blast Patrick McEnroe & USTA Treatment of Taylor

Has the USTA actually developed a great player under Mackenroe? Serious question.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #18
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Kudos to both of them.

Patrick and all of the rest of scum

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #19
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I agree with the USTA. I tuned in to a Townsend match this week and was shocked at how overweight she is. That's not body-type it's fat! As the "body-type" excuse grows more popular the rate of obesity keeps going up. S.Williams has a body-type that isn't the long and lean one. But there have been times when she's been out-of-shape and times like now when she's toned and fit.

Davenport and Navratilova are incorrect about this. The "baby-fat" thing applied to a 16yo isn't valid.
So the best way to make her lose weight is humiliate her publicly.

they are making big big mistakes with this, because it´s a very sensitive matter. Nobody is telling that Taylor doesn't need to be fitter, but sabotaging her career, pressure her to withdraw the US Open junior, don't let her play itf tournaments, and calling her fat publicly is not the way to solve this.

People say that she is in a slump, but that's not true. She lost against good players (and in this case Anett is older than her). There's a good time since last time a junior won two Gs, so what happened with her after Australian Open is nothing new.
She is very young, and she needs support, not pressure and public humiliation.
Right now, players are achieving results at older ages, Robson won Wimbledon with 14, but it was till now, with 18, she makes the quality leap in her game and became truly competitive.
There's no rush, she needs to lose weight, but she doesn't need to lose it now. They better teach her how to eat and what food is good for her, change her alimentary habits.
She is number one in the world, and one of the best juniors for sure. If they treat this way one of their best prospects, i don't know what they do with someone who isn't so promising
jj74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #20
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

There are a ton of chubby Americans who are pros that the USTA could sanction, Coco and Oudin clearly have fitness issues for example Why pick on a junior?
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #21
country flag tripler

tripler tripler tripler tripler tripler tripler tripler tripler tripler tripler tripler

She is quite big...

tripler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #22
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

I see a change between then and the USO:

Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #23
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

She looks to have quite a big bust too which contributes to the heavier look, like Halep always looked heavier before the reduction.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #24
barmaid

barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Kudos to both of them.

Patrick and all of the rest of scum

Good for Martina and Linds, makes McEnroe look more like the pipsqueak he actually is!!

Barmaid
barmaid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #25
country flag blackandblue

blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
You obviously are very insensitive and do not know a lot about teenage girls. Taylor is still growing into her body. Also Lindsay mentioned eating disorders which can be a problem for some young female athletes due to pressure.

Patrick McEnroe and the USTA are cruel and very insensitive to Taylor. Glad Lindsay and Martina blasted Patrick McEnroe and the USTA.
What if she has an eating disorder right now? Or is it only a disorder when you eat too little?
blackandblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #26
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is 2 sides to this story.

One side:
1. I think the USTA should NEVER quit funding on a #1 player in the world. That is just rediculous, if she wants to play she should be allowed too. 0_o This is her choice.
2. Every player's bodytype is different, not everyone is lean right away and it takes a while to put that off. Usually that happens gradually at a later age.

Other side:
1. They are her coaches, they obviously know her well and are doing what they're saying in her best interest. If they think it's good for her to be working on her fitness i can understand that. These people see her day in, day out, know what she's eating every day and know how she reacts to certain training schedules. Obviously they know what they're doing. The problem is this should be discussed with the player herself though and should have no effect on her financial status.

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #27
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

This is her recent US Open picture?

She already looks much fitter than at the Australian Open. She is 16 years old, her whole body is still developing. Did they expect her to turn into Sam Stosur in six or seven months? I bet if somebody photoshopped Serena´s head onto that picture Patrick McEnroe wouldn´t know the difference.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote