After loss to Williams, Errani says she'd like to see 3-time US Open champ face men - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #1
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future
After loss to Williams, Errani says she'd like to see 3-time US Open champ face men

"After 6-1, 6-2 loss to Williams, Errani says she'd like to see 3-time US Open champ face men"

http://www.startribune.com/sports/16...6.html?refer=y

shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #2
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: After loss to Williams, Errani says she'd like to see 3-time US Open champ face m

i don't see why
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #3
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: After loss to Williams, Errani says she'd like to see 3-time US Open champ face m

She should face Tomic.
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #4
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

I read the article, putting it in full context, she did not mean it with malice.

Rather, she just wants Serena to represent women because she has had enough with men saying women are worse.
She wants Serena to become the BJK of the modern era.

Quote:

NEW YORK - The latest woman to absorb a lopsided loss against Serena Williams thinks the 14-time Grand Slam champion should take on a new challenge.

"Given that men are always quick to say women are a lot worse ... I'd love to see her play in a (lower-level) men's tournament and see how they deal with her. It's easy to talk. On the court, it would be different," the 10th-seeded Sara Errani said.

"I've practiced with a lot of guys ranked 400th or 500th," Errani explained. "I've never played with a man who hits as hard as she does."

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:04 AM   #5
country flag FattyKid

FattyKid is just really nice FattyKid is just really nice FattyKid is just really nice FattyKid is just really nice FattyKid is just really nice FattyKid is just really nice FattyKid is just really nice FattyKid is just really nice FattyKid is just really nice FattyKid is just really nice FattyKid is just really nice

Sara Sara Sara
FattyKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:10 AM   #6
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

Errani is a sore loser her comment is a backhanded one just like Cibulkova is a sore loser and Jankovic. All three of these ladies use the man comment to criticize women who are just superior tennis players to them. Errani needs to get on the practice court and learn how to serve. Serving 80 to 90 miles per hour is NOT going to get it done against the top women. Serena just destroyed Errani it was a complete joke how weak Sara game is.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #7
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Errani is a sore loser her comment is a backhanded one just like Cibulkova is a sore loser and Jankovic. All three of these ladies use the man comment to criticize women who are just superior tennis players to them. Errani needs to get on the practice court and learn how to serve. Serving 80 to 90 miles per hour is NOT going to get it done against the top women. Serena just destroyed Errani it was a complete joke how weak Sara game is.
She was complimenting Serena. People need to stop being so sensitive. It's clear she was saying she wanted Serena to show the guys up to prove that the top women are just as good as some of the rank and file ATP players.

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #8
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Context people. Context.

I completely agree with Sara.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:14 AM   #9
country flag LindsayRulz

LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute

She's already beaten Roddick.

LindsayRulz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:16 AM   #10
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkten View Post
She was complimenting Serena. People need to stop being so sensitive. It's clear she was saying she wanted Serena to show the guys up to prove that the top women are just as good as some of the rank and file ATP players.
That is my understanding as well, and said so in my earlier post above

I don't think it is the same as Jankovic or Cibulkova

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:19 AM   #11
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
I read the article, putting it in full context, she did not mean it with malice.

Rather, she just wants Serena to represent women because she has had enough with men saying women are worse.
She wants Serena to become the BJK of the modern era.
Actually, it's a great quote from Sara, she's complimenting her opponent, defending WTA players and she has proven already that she's not a sore loser after the RG final. People should sometimes read the interview before commenting.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:20 AM   #12
country flag producer88

producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold

I see it as a compliment!

She's saying women deserve the same respect, because of amazing players like Serena
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:20 AM   #13
country flag FoxyliciousKhat

FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkten View Post
This.

Foxy

WORD: Just because your friend or the pundits or the crowd doesn't agree or dislike something doesn't mean you need to, you are actually entitled to your own opinion even if it doesn't agree with that of everyone else. Don't be a a negativity sheep!
FoxyliciousKhat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:22 AM   #14
country flag producer88

producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRulz View Post
She's already beaten Roddick.

Hahaha love this video!
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:26 AM   #15
country flag practiceboy

practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future practiceboy has a brilliant future

Uhhh it's pretty clear she meant it as a compliment. Reading comprehension, people.

Jesus.
practiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote