Maria Still Has The Fight In Her, But Her Body Let Her Down Today - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #16
country flag GrafMariaPetraK
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of GrafMariaPetraK has much to be proud of
Re: Maria Still Has The Fight In Her, But Her Body Let Her Down Today

Maria needs to work on her BH DTL she can't seem to hit that like she used to.

Last edited by GrafMariaPetraK : Sep 7th, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
GrafMariaPetraK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #17
country flag allhailwilliams

allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
This statement is racist. Jealous much? She'll earn a lot more so I guess you'll be staying pressed.
Don't blame the messenger, it's true. Serena kicks butt all the time but Maria gets all the money cause she's white. True fact.
allhailwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #18
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailwilliams View Post
Ok, but the old Sharpie would wipe the floor with Vika.
Masha wasn't ready for this US Open .

She played awfully almost all second sets even vs scrubs in 1-3 rounds, struggled to survive vs Petrova and Bartoli.

I think her best match here was vs Vika but still she didn't gain her best or even satisfactory form here.

I hope to see at least one match Vika-Masha this year, because it's a really interesting matchup

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #19
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute

The strange thing for me was, when Sharapova stepped to the line to serve for the first set at 5-1, I was thinking it didn't matter because Azarenka was going to win the match anyway. I was convinced from the start that Azarenka was going to win the match, I knew she wouldn't panic and play at the same level while Sharapova would be up and down, that proved to be the case.

By the way, I really thought this was a poor quality match, the level of tennis was not that great. The amount of times Sharapova had a short ball in the middle of the court and instead of hitting and taking to the net, would hit the ball and immdediately retreat to the baseline. Ultimately Azarenka didn't allow Sharapova to get away with that complete lack of courage and belief. It's fine to take risks and hit out when on the baseline but the real courage is taking the ball on and challenge the opponent when the opportunity presents itself.

And also, Azarenka will have to play considerably better than this is she wants to win the tournament tommorrow night (weather permitting).

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #20
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with all laurie said, it was horrible from both at times but because the point normally ended on a winner caused by the other players stupid shot choice, the media and public will lap this up.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #21
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailwilliams View Post
Don't blame the messenger, it's true. Serena kicks butt all the time but Maria gets all the money cause she's white. True fact.
Serena is not a Naomi or Iman to be competitive with Masha. It's true fact. It was true when Kournikova was earning much more than her doubles partner..... I've forgotten her name.....?, but reminds me Martini

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #22
country flag Rest Maria!

Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie View Post
By the way, I really thought this was a poor quality match, the level of tennis was not that great. The amount of times Sharapova had a short ball in the middle of the court and instead of hitting and taking to the net, would hit the ball and immdediately retreat to the baseline.
She always plays like that. It was basically the battle of the ultimate baseline grinders.
Rest Maria! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #23
MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
She always plays like that. It was basically the battle of the ultimate baseline grinders.
Sure, a grinder who hit 44 winners against one of the best defensive players on tour right now
New Breed: Maria,Anastasia Myskina,Nicole,Ana,Tatiana Golovin,Jelena J,Iveta Benesova,Olga Poutchkova,Camille Pin,Maria Kirilenko,Alonya Bondarenko,Meilen Tu,Sania Mirza,Rezai,Ashley H,Tataina Poutchek,Sandra Kloesel,Klara Z,Mirjana Lucic,Dominka Cibulkova,Emauelle Gagliardi,Jelena Kostanic,Iroda,Martina Sucha,Raluca Olaru,Kveta,Marta D,Bethanie,Bychkova

Lilia Osterloh,Viktoriya Kutuzova,Yurika Sema,Anastasia Pivavrova(?),Stanislava Hrozenska,Marie-Eve,Zsofia,Angelika Roesch,Sunitha Rao,Anne Keothavang,Olivia Sanchez,Angela Haynes,Alex S,Jelena Dokic,Rosana De Los Rios,Kristina Brandi,Eva Fislova,Lindsay Lee

Elena Makarova,Anna K, Capriati,Lindsay,Henrieta Nagyova,Anca Barna,Petra Mandula,Jana Kandarr,
MakarovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #24
country flag Rest Maria!

Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute

It is baseline grinding if you refuse to come to the net. Both players were glued to the baseline as if it was the center of gravity.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #25
country flag allhailwilliams

allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Serena is not a Naomi or Iman to be competitive with Masha. It's true fact. It was true when Kournikova was earning much more than her doubles partner..... I've forgotten her name.....?, but reminds me Martini
Agreed,but to be honest, maria is no raving beauty either.
allhailwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #26
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

I think she let Vika in the match by failing to serve it out at 5-1 and then almost failing to do it again at 5-3.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #27
country flag Feyd

Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future

Quote:
It is baseline grinding if you refuse to come to the net. Both players were glued to the baseline as if it was the center of gravity.
Both players were hitting deep to the baseline to push their opponent back. There was NEVER going to be a net play in this type of matchup.
Feyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #28
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Both players were hitting deep to the baseline to push their opponent back. There was NEVER going to be a net play in this type of matchup.
He considers Thing to be a more aggressive player than Maria and Vika.
Let this gerl be, it has issues.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #29
country flag Rest Maria!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
By that logic there should be no net play in men's game.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #30
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Absolutely. That is a classic case of statistics, damned statistics.

What did Andre Agassi say all those years ago? modern players only come to net to shake hands.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote