who's greater, LD or Kim? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote & Discuss

Lindsay Davenport 55 63.95%
Kim Clijsters 31 36.05%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #31
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: who's greater, LD or Kim?

Lindsay, without a doubt

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #32
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamos Feńa View Post
Same here...

Anyway it's Davenport. Clijsters won her slams during generation suck and with Safina/Wozniacki being #1. With the only exception in 2005.
Davenport won when Seles, Hingis, Graff were active and when being in top 10 meant something.
Plus she won more tournaments I think?
this

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #33
country flag Gawain

Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold Gawain is a splendid one to behold

Kim beating Venus and Serena on her way to the US open 2009 final.
Gawain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #34
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamos Feńa View Post
Same here...

Anyway it's Davenport. Clijsters won her slams during generation suck and with Safina/Wozniacki being #1. With the only exception in 2005.
Davenport won when Seles, Hingis, Graff were active and when being in top 10 meant something.
Plus she won more tournaments I think?
14 more tournaments to be exact

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #35
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
This.

Also Davenport was many more weeks number 1 and finished 4 times as year end number 1

And 3 diferent slams including Wimbledon + Gold Medal >>> 3 us open + australian open
Sorry but a lot of Davenport´s weeks at number one were post 2000, when she won her last slam, if anything she benefited from the flawed ranking system that rewards quantity vs quality. Not that Kim did not profited from this in 2003, but still, Davenport gets a lot of credit from the weeks at number one and she was not number one for that much time between 98-2000 when she won her slams..

More to that Kim won 3 of her slams having to go throught the Williams sisters, and she basically just won the Australian Open 2011 over the generation suck players.

This is a super difficult question, i think think the slam win tops everything else, here is no different ...
Kim also leads their head to head 9-8 just as barely her carreer over Lindsay... This is so tough..

Otherwise we should assume that players like Conchita, Sabatini > Peak Mary
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #36
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Davernport, they are not in the same league. BTW i really though it was Dominguez Lino and said to myself why the hell does he compare Dominguez Lino and Clijsters, did they play the same opponent.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #37
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

lourdes dominguez
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #38
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post
More to that Kim won 3 of her slams having to go throught the Williams sisters, and she basically just won the Australian Open 2011 over the generation suck players.
Way to distort facts. She only won ONE slam going through them both. The other two times she beat Venus which isn't saying much.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #39
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

those voting for Kim are not aware what draw has to face Davenport at all Slams.... like this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Wi...en%27s_Singles

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #40
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

LD leads the H2H in slams 5-1 Kim was a bad matchup for Lindsay, but a lot of her wins came in 2003 when Lindsay was really struggling before rebounding 2004-2005 in form.

Very close, but I obviously pick Lindsay Kim was a great player but she benefited from really great timing, Lindsay would have cleaned up a lot more slams if she were a few years younger.
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #41
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by siempreneltenis View Post
I thought it was Lourdes Dominguez
Me too.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote