Maria Still Has The Fight In Her, But Her Body Let Her Down Today - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #1
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Maria Still Has The Fight In Her, But Her Body Let Her Down Today

Great fight from Maria, unfortunately her body could not respond when she summoned it.

Her serve let her down too!!

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #2
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria Still Has The Fight In Her, But Her Body Let Her Down Today

Don't mistake the grim look on her face, or the silly clenched fist, for real mental strength.

So nice to see her ridiculous high-risk serve come back to bite her.
To hell with these idiotic ideas that players can "save tennis" and that "the tour needs" any particular player.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #3
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Don't mistake the grim look on her face, or the silly clenched fist, for real mental strength.

So nice to see her ridiculous high-risk serve come back to bite her.
Her serve is what made the third set so close

It was her awful returning (against Azarenka who has the worst serve in the top 10 other than Radwanska) that made life difficult.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #4
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think she served that bad Vika's ROS really troubled Masha who had a terrible footwork
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #5
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Her serve wasn't too bad, she got away with an awful lot considering she hit EVERY serve to Vika's FH and Vika still hit errors short balls.

It was her AWOL ROS and refusal to hit her BH DTL.

The fights the only thing keeping Maria at the top these days mostly. She's still only playing at 70% of her peak most days.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #6
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Her serve is what made the third set so close

It was her awful returning (against Azarenka who has the worst serve in the top 10 other than Radwanska) that made life difficult.
I believe Maria lost the match in the 1st set.

She had great momentum service for the set at 5-1, then her predictable and inevitable bad serving patch showed up.
Although she eventually held to win the set, she lost great momentum going into the 2nd set.

At the same time, Vika regained her rythm, and Maria was playing catch up from that time on.

That add tremendous stress when you go from holding easily in the first 6 games to suddenly facing bpts after bpts.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Sep 8th, 2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #7
country flag allhailwilliams

allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all

The so called highest paid womens athlete is a joke among true tennis greats.
I hope all her so called fans are crying right now. Slowpover doesn't deserve the accolades she gets, she's a joke. Enjoy all those millions of dollars that those racist sponsors gave you because of the color of you're skin and not you're talent loser.
allhailwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #8
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SARITA View Post
i don't think she served that bad Vika's ROS really troubled Masha who had a terrible footwork
Really, I guess you have come to expect her bad serving patches as part of her game now.

She had several DFs that came at bad times and in a bunch.
That affected the rest of her game at the end of the first set and on.

The free swing, good timing, patience she had in the first 6 game of the first set, were replaced by uncertainty, hesitation, bad decision making forcing her to play from behind the rest of the match.

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #9
country flag metamorpha

metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of

Vika had a late start in the first set and Maria surprisingly played much better today, she could keep up her level until the very end. In AO, she disappeared quickly once Vika found her rhythm.
metamorpha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #10
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Agree, greatest fighter on tour right now
Roookie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #11
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailwilliams View Post
I hope all her so called fans are crying right now. Slowpover doesn't deserve the accolades she gets, she's a joke. Enjoy all those millions of dollars that those racist sponsors gave you because of the color of you're skin and not you're talent loser.
Ths was one of the best fights I've seen in a while. Her rivalry with Vika should be considered a credit to the sport. Calling someone a joke who just fought for nearly 3 hours with true heart is disgusting
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #12
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really think she was physically tired, it seemed like she was more mentally-drained. Probably because she wasted so much emotional energy in the 2nd set unnecessarily. She was still moving around the court ok in the 3rd set (whereas you'd assume if she was physically tired that she'd be slower), it was just she didn't seem to be moving her feet / engaging her brain, whereas at the beginning of the match her footwork and point-construction were flawless.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #13
country flag allhailwilliams

allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all allhailwilliams is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian_siren View Post
Ths was one of the best fights I've seen in a while. Her rivalry with Vika should be considered a credit to the sport. Calling someone a joke who just fought for nearly 3 hours with true heart is disgusting
Ok, but the old Sharpie would wipe the floor with Vika.
allhailwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #14
country flag Clijsters28

Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold Clijsters28 is a splendid one to behold

Who cares. She was going to get her butt kicked by Serena in the final anyway. It is not like she missed out on a chance of another slam title. With Serena playing freaking Errani in the other semi there never was one. Atleast Azarenka has a small chance vs Serena, Maria had none.
Clijsters28 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #15
country flag youngbuck

youngbuck is a name known to all youngbuck is a name known to all youngbuck is a name known to all youngbuck is a name known to all youngbuck is a name known to all youngbuck is a name known to all youngbuck is a name known to all youngbuck is a name known to all youngbuck is a name known to all youngbuck is a name known to all youngbuck is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailwilliams View Post
This statement is racist. Jealous much? She'll earn a lot more so I guess you'll be staying pressed.
youngbuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote