Is anyone just in complete awe of Serena Williams? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #46
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is anyone just in complete awe of Serena Williams?

Never thought I'll stan her much, but her comeback and now the last couple of months making WTA as her playground, she got me on my knees praying she'll stay long.
She is a challenge, the rest of players just have to deal with it.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #47
country flag siempreneltenis

siempreneltenis is just really nice siempreneltenis is just really nice siempreneltenis is just really nice siempreneltenis is just really nice siempreneltenis is just really nice siempreneltenis is just really nice siempreneltenis is just really nice siempreneltenis is just really nice siempreneltenis is just really nice siempreneltenis is just really nice siempreneltenis is just really nice

Contrary to popular belief, she IS good for the game. She came "out of nowhere" this year after some rough patches like those losses against Wozniacki and Makarova and some scrub at the 1ts round of the French, and suddenly she looks LITERALLY invincible. That can only be good for the other gorls, who WILL need to figure her out and up their games BIG TIME if they ever want to win a title at a tournament she's (committed) in.

I'm confident she'll win this slam too and will embarrass one of the other gerls, but here's hoping they start reacting to these trouncings and develop their games further.
siempreneltenis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #48
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

She is amazing. Hopefully she will encourage girl's everywhere and be the benchmark so the women's tour will continue to improve and reach new heights. I'm not a fan but it is indisputable
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #49
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaSiren View Post
Serena gets no media time or praise whatsoever. Everything that is reported and recognized about her is the negative. She doesn't get the attention she deserves. Sure, she has had 2 outburst but so has many people in the sporting world but they still get a lot of appreciation. I'm glad she's here in the US but most of the time I wish she would move to Australia or the UK. She'll get more appreciation there.

I Love her so much
and I wont follow Tennis without her..
I prefer she stay right here and continue to throw it in their faces. Let them move if they can't deal. Lil Sis will be just fine with or w/o their appreciation.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #50
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
I disagree with this. I think even in the victory in 1999 over Hingis she showed savvy and headiness. she was clearly "thinking" out there. In fact, I will go as far as to say she was attempting to blast fewer winners then she would today.

Serena, from the very first, has always been under estimated in this regard.
There you go again, making a butt load of sense and stamping the FACTS down in emphatic fashion.
You are freak'n GODLY!!

A "Blaster?!"

That poster is attempting to portray Serena as some dumb & ignorant cannon of a player, when the truth is that Serena beat Hingis at her own game, and with power and athleticism to boot. And not just hingis, but other top players in the process!!!! PLUS a Doubles title!!
Quote:
Williams was seeded seventh at the US Open, where she defeated world no. 4 Monica Seles, world no. 2 Lindsay Davenport, and world no. 1 Hingis to become the second African-American woman (after Althea Gibson in 1958) to win a Grand Slam singles tournament. The Williams sisters also won the doubles title at this tournament, their second Grand Slam title together.
But she was simply a "Blaster", huh?

Why can't Serena just be given her hard earned respect?
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #51
country flag #1SteffiGraf#1

#1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future

Not really.

Most of the best women's athletes in the world play basketball. Very few bother playing tennis. Serena is an actual female athlete who could have been a great basketball player, but because of Richard, she played tennis.

She is one of the few actual great athletes playing women's tennis. She is just bigger, stronger, faster and more coordinated than most of the rest of the players.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hingis Fan est. 1996
Pova Fan est. 2009
#1SteffiGraf#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #52
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1SteffiGraf#1 View Post
Not really.

Most of the best women's athletes in the world play basketball. Very few bother playing tennis. Serena is an actual female athlete who could have been a great basketball player, but because of Richard, she played tennis.

She is one of the few actual great athletes playing women's tennis. She is just bigger, stronger, faster and more coordinated than most of the rest of the players.
Graf was also a excellent athelete, but is often overlooked.

In my estimation, with her body type, she could run short distances(100m, 200m, 400m) with her strong legs and strong back.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #53
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaSiren View Post
Serena gets no media time or praise whatsoever. Everything that is reported and recognized about her is the negative. She doesn't get the attention she deserves. Sure, she has had 2 outburst but so has many people in the sporting world but they still get a lot of appreciation. I'm glad she's here in the US but most of the time I wish she would move to Australia or the UK. She'll get more appreciation there.

I Love her so much
and I wont follow Tennis without her..
Although I would not want her to move, I agree with you 100%, especially about Australia.

I can't put my finger on it, but watching her throughout the years, Aussies and Serena just seem to fit together.
She seem freer whne she is there, the crowd appreciates her more and she feels it, she is not as guarded as she is in the US, being careful not to offend someone.

She also gives her best effort in Melbourne , in appreciation of what she gets from the crowd.

Her goofy side does not seem to be out of place in Australia, in fact, it is an asset with the Aussies.

As for England, I am not so sure, although she is more apperciated than in US; the British crowd sometimes seems to be uneasy(and cringy) with the ruthlessness and easy she disposes of opponents.
OTH, they embrace her when she is vulnerable

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Sep 7th, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #54
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Lordrena. She is our mother and we are all her children.

█████████████████ʘ
There’s nothing new
under the sun,
but there are new suns.
O.B.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #55
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Although I would not want her to move, I agree with you 100%, especially about Australia.

I can't put my finger on it, but watching her throughout the years, Aussies and Serena just seem to fit together.
She seem freer whne she is there, the crowd appreciates her more and she feels it, she is not as guarded as she is in the US, being careful not to offend someone.
She also gives her best effort in Sidney, in appreciation of what she gets from the crowd.

Her goofy side does not seem to be out of place in Australia, in fact, it is an asset with the Aussies.

As for England, I am not so sure, although she is more apperciated than in US; the British crowd sometimes seems to be uneasy(and cringy) with the ruthlessness and easy she disposes of opponents.
OTH, they embrace her when she is vulnerable
I think her 2007 run solidified their love for her, plus she always gives them great matches down under, and they know how much that slam means to her. Australian Open is Serena's favorite slam and I think the Aussie fans appreciate that.

█████████████████ʘ
There’s nothing new
under the sun,
but there are new suns.
O.B.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #56
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Keeping on adding to your legacy Lord!

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote