Planning to visit US Open 2013 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #1
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of
Planning to visit US Open 2013

Anybody know the best places to stay? Best places to book tickets? Any help would be much appreciated
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #2
country flag producer88

producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Planning to visit US Open 2013

I live in NYC, and I went to the Open this year for the first time, and it was AWESOME! I recommend going for the first week if you want to see A LOT of tennis! If you want to see great matches go the 2nd week. If you can do both! To be honest I don't buy my tickets directly from Ticketmaster, I get mines from Ticketmaster-Exchange, for the 1st week it's A LOT less expensive (paid $25 for ground admission, and $100 for level 100 seating at Arthur Ashe). Second week on ticket exchange isn't a good idea, because the prices tend to be higher than on Ticketmaster.

Now NYC, is a HUGE city! There's millions of things to do, at whatever hour! The 7 train which takes you from Manhattan to Flushing (where the US Open takes place) is a 20 minute ride (the express, local about 40 minutes). I always recommend staying in Manhattan, because it's usually safer, and that's where all the fun is located!
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #3
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer88 View Post
I live in NYC, and I went to the Open this year for the first time, and it was AWESOME! I recommend going for the first week if you want to see A LOT of tennis! If you want to see great matches go the 2nd week. If you can do both! To be honest I don't buy my tickets directly from Ticketmaster, I get mines from Ticketmaster-Exchange, for the 1st week it's A LOT less expensive (paid $25 for ground admission, and $100 for level 100 seating at Arthur Ashe). Second week on ticket exchange isn't a good idea, because the prices tend to be higher than on Ticketmaster.

Now NYC, is a HUGE city! There's millions of things to do, at whatever hour! The 7 train which takes you from Manhattan to Flushing (where the US Open takes place) is a 20 minute ride (the express, local about 40 minutes). I always recommend staying in Manhattan, because it's usually safer, and that's where all the fun is located!
Thanks very much for your help, I have noted all this down xx
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #4
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

Producer88 pretty much laid it down well, but when u r talking about NY and the US Open it really depends on your budget (and I don't want to be nosey and get into your finances) so it's so hard to give that kind of advice without having a ballpark figure. The info regarding booking tickets was spot on, but when you are talking "best places to stay" I'm a Four Seasons lover so that's what's going to come to mind for me. It overlooks Central Park and is close to the best shopping area in NY. Manhattan has an array of nice hotels with varying prices depending on amenities. If u don't want to spend much money on a hotel then there are options there as.well. I do agree that Manhattan is the best place to stay, but how old are u? Do u want to go clubbing at night and/or interested in a wide array of restaurants? Are u one of those people who just wants a clean hotel in a safe area that doesn't cost much because u won't be in the hotel room that much? Are u going for the whole 2 weeks? I mean there's so many options when you are talking about New York.

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13,14)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that Qualies are free, and you get to see great tennis as well.

Hotels in Manhattan are expensive, so don't be surprised by sticker shock. If you want somewhere cheaper, investigate maybe hotels near the airport.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #6
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdterp01 View Post
Producer88 pretty much laid it down well, but when u r talking about NY and the US Open it really depends on your budget (and I don't want to be nosey and get into your finances) so it's so hard to give that kind of advice without having a ballpark figure. The info regarding booking tickets was spot on, but when you are talking "best places to stay" I'm a Four Seasons lover so that's what's going to come to mind for me. It overlooks Central Park and is close to the best shopping area in NY. Manhattan has an array of nice hotels with varying prices depending on amenities. If u don't want to spend much money on a hotel then there are options there as.well. I do agree that Manhattan is the best place to stay, but how old are u? Do u want to go clubbing at night and/or interested in a wide array of restaurants? Are u one of those people who just wants a clean hotel in a safe area that doesn't cost much because u won't be in the hotel room that much? Are u going for the whole 2 weeks? I mean there's so many options when you are talking about New York.
Im 32 but will be attending with my mother. We just want a hotel near to shopping and restaurants that kind of thing. Hoping to spend most of our time at the tennis. Im not rich or anything but this is a once in a lifetime trip so not going to be doing things on the cheap.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #7
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
Anybody know the best places to stay? Best places to book tickets? Any help would be much appreciated
If you want the best combination of price, HOTEL, being very close to Manhattan, but close to interesting parts of kool and "en vogue" Brooklyn, while still taking the train to the National Tennis Center (F to 7 train), stay at the Brooklyn Marriott. I think the Offical name is Brooklyn Bridge Marriot, or some sorts.

Needless to say, there a kazillion nice hotels to stay at in the city, all depending on your your price, style, planned activities and vicinity/proximity. But that hotel is at a nice location-walk able to the Brooklyn Bridge, should be cheaper than comparably priced hotels in Manhattan, and has a reputation for excellent service (especially if you plan to be there a week or two).

The Hotels around Times Square, Grand Central, Lexington, Park Ave Ave-near the 50's, and anything close to the E, F and 7 Train, will get you there quite easily.

Only you know what type of hotel you want to stay at and close to where. So call in advance, or make the best deal, then book it.

Just check some of the Zagats, Tripadvisor, Yelp, City Search, etc. customer and editorial reviews as you do your search to help.

Some of the advice you got previously received on the 1st week vs the 2nd week of the tournament, was good advice.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #8
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

^ Brooklyn Marriott - A train around the corner (Jay St.) Will take you directly to 42nd in Manhattan. There, you can take the 7 train to Met Stadium/Willet Pt. Arthur Ashe is on the other side. This will take about 1 hr to 90 minutes.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #9
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
If you want the best combination of price, HOTEL, being very close to Manhattan, but close to interesting parts of kool and "en vogue" Brooklyn, while still taking the train to the National Tennis Center (F to 7 train), stay at the Brooklyn Marriott. I think the Offical name is Brooklyn Bridge Marriot, or some sorts.

Needless to say, there a kazillion nice hotels to stay at in the city, all depending on your your price, style, planned activities and vicinity/proximity. But that hotel is at a nice location-walk able to the Brooklyn Bridge, should be cheaper than comparably priced hotels in Manhattan, and has a reputation for excellent service (especially if you plan to be there a week or two).

The Hotels around Times Square, Grand Central, Lexington, Park Ave Ave-near the 50's, and anything close to the E, F and 7 Train, will get you there quite easily.

Only you know what type of hotel you want to stay at and close to where. So call in advance, or make the best deal, then book it.

Just check some of the Zagats, Tripadvisor, Yelp, City Search, etc. customer and editorial reviews as you do your search to help.

Some of the advice you got previously received on the 1st week vs the 2nd week of the tournament, was good advice.
Thank you very much just looked up Brooklyn Bridge Marriott looks nice and reasonably priced and it had a link to other Marriott's round the same area too so thanks very much xxxxxx
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #10
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
^ Brooklyn Marriott - A train around the corner (Jay St.) Will take you directly to 42nd in Manhattan. There, you can take the 7 train to Met Stadium/Willet Pt. Arthur Ashe is on the other side. This will take about 1 hr to 90 minutes.
He/she can also take the F to 74 St/Roosevelt Ave (in Queens), and that will transfer her directly to the 7 train.

I just figured, depending on what he/she was looking for, they could get both the benefits of Manhattan, Brooklyn, and a decent hotel at a decent price (though that hotel is certainly not cheap).

It all depends on what they're looking for, that's why I said check some of the trip adviser, City Search, Zagat, Yelp, Urban Spoon, etc., ratings.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #11
Tennis Fool

MariaRocks:

This map will be your guide during your stay. Memorize it

http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm

Arthur Ashe is in the big green section (Flushing Meadows) on the mid right of the page, in Queens.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #12
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure to bring an umbrella...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #13
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
He/she can also take the F to 74 St/Roosevelt Ave (in Queens), and that will transfer her directly to the 7 train.

I just figured, depending on what he/she was looking for, they could get both the benefits of Manhattan, Brooklyn, and a decent hotel at a decent price (though that hotel is certainly not cheap).

It all depends on what they're looking for, that's why I said check some of the trip adviser, City Search, Zagat, Yelp, Urban Spoon, etc., ratings.
Its cheaper than the four seasons ha ha
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #14
Tennis Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Make sure to bring an umbrella...
But not a huge one-- USTA will make you dump it before entering.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #15
country flag Maria rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
MariaRocks:

This map will be your guide during your stay. Memorize it

http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm

Arthur Ashe is in the big green section (Flushing Meadows) on the mid right of the page, in Queens.
Thanks