MaKiri in New York - US Open 2012! - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #76
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MaKiri in New York - US Open 2012!

Maria really needs a doubles partner who's mentally tough. This is the 2nd slam in a row they choked away a match (4-1 3rd set at Wimbledon, 5-4 1st set 40-0 and 5-2 (double break) leads today).

A team of two mental midgets probably isn't a good idea.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #77
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice

Such a shame especially after they beat venus/serena
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #78
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

Omg
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:16 AM   #79
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for Maria suffering another devastating doubles loss this year. It's just unbelievable because I thought she was better than this.

Todays doubles loss is a ridiculous loss for Kiri and Nadia against 2 power puff players on a hard court. The Russians just beat the mighty Williams sisters and then choked the first and third sets away today This may well be the worse loss Maria and Nadia have ever had together. This is much worse than the tough loss to the Williams sisters at Wimbledon. Thank God todays crushing doubles loss was only a quarterfinal and not the final. That would have been even worse.

I mean Kiri and Nadia blew the first set after being up 5 - 4 and 40 - 0 and then they blew a 5 - 2 double break final set lead. OMG what a disaster. This might very well be the worst loss of Maria's career in singles or doubles. Good Lord this is a nightmare for Kiri. She has had some highs this year but she has had several brutal losses in singles and doubles where Maria in singles and Maria and Nadia in doubles blew leads in big matches. I doubt Maria will ever shake her ability to throw away matches she has in the bag. Maria really needs a sports psychologist. That's the only way she will improve on her play in the clutch and in not crumbling under pressure. Losing matches like this and the one to Hlavackova is not acceptable. Maria's lack of mental toughness hurt her so much in both matches. What a shame. If Kirilenko only had the cunning qualities of Errani or Radwanska or the guts of Sharapova she would be a top 5 player. And remember how Maria and Azarenka blew the 2011 Australian open doubles final to Dulko and Pennetta? As much as we like Maria alot of this is on her. She may never win a grand slam doubles title and that is dumbfounding considering how good Kiri is in doubles.

Maybe it's time for Kiri and Nadia to part ways. I mean they mainly came together for the Olympics anyway. And they did win a bronze medal in the London Olympics so they did accomplish something big as a team that means alot to them. I would prefer Maria's next doubles partner be on the way up in her career and that she has a big serve. Players like Kvitova, Georges, Lisicki, Barthel and Shvedova come to my mind even though they are not known for being mentally tough. They all like Maria and any of them would compliment her variety and touch game with their power games. And Kvitova has great ahnds too. I think Petra should play doubles for a couple of years. It would really help her already very good singles game get even better. My sleeper new partner for Makiri is Safarova. She has real talent and is lefthanded. Lucie and Maria are friendly. I think they would make a fine team. I would also like to see Azarenka start to play doubles again with Kiri. But I have the feeling Vika has put doubles on the sideline for the sake of her saving energy at majors for her singles game. Vika and Kiri were becoming a very good team when they broke up. The reality is that Maria and Nadia are terrible in the clutch and that is not likely to change as long as they are doubles partners. It's too bad.

I hope Kiri gets a couple weeks of rest and then is in good heatlh for the Asian swing. She needs to do something good in singles before the end of the year.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Sep 6th, 2012 at 03:46 AM. Reason: to correct mistakes
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #80
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all
Well, that's tennis...it's never over till it's over. You can have loads of set-, break-, game- or matchpoints...as long as you don't convert them, nothing is won yet.
Such things as yesterday do not only happen to kiri, don't worry.
It can be a very frustrating sport indeed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VerticalSports.Com App

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #81
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

I'd hope they'd at least play out this year together and see what happens. They're 4th in the race for Istanbul.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #82
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they make Istanbul. But they both must blame each other for this blown doubles matches on big occasions and that will take it's toll at some point. As far as I am concerned Maria and Nadia are equally responsible for the collapses in their matches. And in almost every doubles match Kiri is involved in she is the best player on thye court talent and game wise. Other than when they play the Williams sisters of course.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote