Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 257 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #3841
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Greetings fellow Wozniacki supporters. First time poster here. I've been a fan of Caroline since I saw her beat Kuznetsova at the 09 USO. I was just amazed by the way she pulled out that win despite not having any of the big weapons that Kuzi posessed. Justine had left the game and suddenly I had a new favorite player. I was excited watching her climb the rankings but knew she was in trouble once she reached #1 without having won a slam. It was inevitable that the pundits would tear her down.

What I did not expect was the ignorance among the press about how she somehow gamed the system to reach #1. Apparently, these "experts" never did their research to understand how the ranking system works or to determine that Caroline didn't really play more tournaments than most other players in the top 10-20. When you take out Serena, Maria, and Clijsters (who were often injured or coming back from retirement), Caroline was right near the average in tourneys played. Furthermore, nearly all her points came from the slams, premier mandatories, and premier 5s - which is the only way a player can amass enough points to be near the top.

Caroline will be back. Right now her confidence is low, which has slowed her reaction time and is preventing her from crafting points to her advantage. I don't think she needs to dramatically change her game, but developing a drop shot and improving her forehand would certainly help.
overrule is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #3842
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
It's funny, but Justine was also my favourite before I started to follow Caroline.
As far as the press and all the negativity about her is concerned it's been ridiculous but ,to her credit, Caro handled it very professionally.

I'm sure she'll bounce back from the current situation, each great player once probably finds themselves in trouble. It's not that bad considering that she is just one place away from top 10. So, if she plays well she could get back this year.

Is there any other player you cheer for left in the draw? I've run out of favourites now and, quite frankly, I think it's Serena's trophy to win.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #3843
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Hi
It's funny, but Justine was also my favourite before I started to follow Caroline.
As far as the press and all the negativity about her is concerned it's been ridiculous but ,to her credit, Caro handled it very professionally.

I'm sure she'll bounce back from the current situation, each great player once probably finds themselves in trouble. It's not that bad considering that she is just one place away from top 10. So, if she plays well she could get back this year.

Is there any other player you cheer for left in the draw? I've run out of favourites now and, quite frankly, I think it's Serena's trophy to win.
same here!
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #3844
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by overrule View Post
Greetings fellow Wozniacki supporters. First time poster here. I've been a fan of Caroline since I saw her beat Kuznetsova at the 09 USO. I was just amazed by the way she pulled out that win despite not having any of the big weapons that Kuzi posessed. Justine had left the game and suddenly I had a new favorite player. I was excited watching her climb the rankings but knew she was in trouble once she reached #1 without having won a slam. It was inevitable that the pundits would tear her down.

What I did not expect was the ignorance among the press about how she somehow gamed the system to reach #1. Apparently, these "experts" never did their research to understand how the ranking system works or to determine that Caroline didn't really play more tournaments than most other players in the top 10-20. When you take out Serena, Maria, and Clijsters (who were often injured or coming back from retirement), Caroline was right near the average in tourneys played. Furthermore, nearly all her points came from the slams, premier mandatories, and premier 5s - which is the only way a player can amass enough points to be near the top.

Caroline will be back. Right now her confidence is low, which has slowed her reaction time and is preventing her from crafting points to her advantage. I don't think she needs to dramatically change her game, but developing a drop shot and improving her forehand would certainly help.
Correct. It wasn't that Caroline played more tournaments but that she won more tournaments. And as for Serena's, Kim's and Maria's problems at the time, they were not Caroline's responsibility.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #3845
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post
same here!
All my favorites are also out: Caroline, Aga, Sorana, Christina, and Sloane. It would be cool to see Errani win it since she's the huge underdog. Although I normally root for the underdog, I've actually become quite the Serena fan lately. The way she's been dominating lately is so remarkable that she's won me over.
overrule is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #3846
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All my favorites are also out: Caroline, Aga, Sorana, Christina, and Sloane. It would be cool to see Errani win it since she's the huge underdog. Although I normally root for the underdog, I've actually become quite the Serena fan lately. The way she's been dominating lately is so remarkable that she's won me over.
Ha! Yet another Sorana fan! Seems like many Caro fans also like Sori.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #3847
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Yeah,Caro put a banjo on it and recorded a bluegrass album
Hahah. That's pretty funny. I'd good rep if I could.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #3848
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Ha! Yet another Sorana fan! Seems like many Caro fans also like Sori.
They use to play dubs together ... and Sori is a hottie

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #3849
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
They use to play dubs together ... and Sori is a hottie
Definitely.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #3850
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you`re more likely to like a player if they`re friendly towards your other faves.

Of the players on tour that I cheer for, all but Julia have/had some sort of affiliation with Caroline, I don't think that's a coincidence.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #3851
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

My Faves that r active will have too be Caroline, The Williams Sisters, Vika, Aga, Kerber, Ivanovic, Cibulkova, Zvonareva, Pavlyuchenkova, Petkovic, Sloane, Jelena, Eugenie Bouchard, Chakvetadze, Kleybanova, & Laura Robson

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #3852
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hi overrule - great first post here,

I do miss the Caro of the last few years. And that USO 2009 match vs Sveta you mention - I cannot begin to describe how thrilled I was she battled through that when Sveta was brilliant for nearly two sets. But nearly wasn't enough against Caro back then.

I really hope you are right and she does bounce back. I miss those days.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #3853
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Hahah. That's pretty funny. I'd good rep if I could.
No goodwill required but thanks for thinking of that.After the smash success of 'Oxygen',Caro is branching out to other musical genres and,if we're lucky,we'll catch her doing a duet with Enoch Simpson of his classic,"England!England!England!".....Of course,I hope that none of this distracts Caro from her tennis ambitions

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #3854
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Hi overrule - great first post here,

I do miss the Caro of the last few years. And that USO 2009 match vs Sveta you mention - I cannot begin to describe how thrilled I was she battled through that when Sveta was brilliant for nearly two sets. But nearly wasn't enough against Caro back then.

I really hope you are right and she does bounce back. I miss those days.
Yes, and I cannot describe how surprised (and more) I was when some people here called that an easy draw. But anyway, I think that Caro vs Sveta had some great thrilling matches. And the best ones took place at US Open.

I also miss the good old days, but in today's tennis it must be very hard to stay consistent. Just look at how Sveta fared and Caro's situation suddenly doesn't look that bad.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #3855
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yes, and I cannot describe how surprised (and more) I was when some people here called that an easy draw. But anyway, I think that Caro vs Sveta had some great thrilling matches. And the best ones took place at US Open.

I also miss the good old days, but in today's tennis it must be very hard to stay consistent. Just look at how Sveta fared and Caro's situation suddenly doesn't look that bad.
I'm taking the bait! IT WAS AN EASY DRAW!

Melanie Oudin (ranked seventieth) in the quarters and Yanina Wickmayer (ranked fiftieth) in the semis. You can't even admit that for a top ten player these are about as easy of an opponent as you are going to get that deep in a slam? marineblue, I challenge you to find me a player that had easier opponents that late in a slam.

Sure on paper Caroline defeating Svetlana was a minor upset but we are talking number eight versus number six, they were fairly evenly matched. After Roland Garros leading up to the U.S. Open Caroline was clearly posting better results than Svetlana and I would argue that based on form Caroline was the favourite in that match.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread