Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet?? - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #316
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija View Post
I like the slim version better then the chubby one
This.

Her body is slammin'

The only problem I have is the whole Sears treatment has turned her into an emotional wreck.

Watch her double-bagel demolition to Vinci in Montreal and tell me that's not quivering lip/swinging for the backboards Dani circa 2003.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #317
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
This.

Her body is slammin'

The only problem I have is the whole Sears treatment has turned her into an emotional wreck.

Watch her double-bagel demolition to Vinci in Montreal and tell me that's not quivering lip/swinging for the backboards Dani circa 2003.
There's always been something very shady with that Nigel perv

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #318
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

She looks really skinny tonight. I want to feed her with a good steak ! Even her face is getting gaunt. I hope she doesn' thave anorexy.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #319
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
She was almost top 15 in the end of 2010
First of all, at Beijing she was ranked #36. Her ranks for tournament she played at the end of 2010.

#37 Seoul
#38 TPP
#36 Beijing
#29 Linz
#26 Luxembourg
#24 Bali

Where her rank in 2011 fluctuated between a high of #17, and a low of #26. In other words, her worst of 2011 was basically the equal of the best of her 2010.

You may not like how she looks, but she's getting demonstrably better results.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #320
country flag Vespertine69

Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute

I hadn't seen Ivanovic for about a year and she does indeed look slighter than she used to... but really I don't think it looks dangerous or scary. Ana had a slightly "puppy fat" thing going on when she was younger (and I mean this in the true sense, not the "covering for your obese child" fashion... Ivanovic was never fat obviously) especially in the face and arms - I think that is probably what makes the contrast look more severe.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #321
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
Where her rank in 2011 fluctuated between a high of #17, and a low of #26. In other words, her worst of 2011 was basically the equal of the best of her 2010.
In the end of 2010 she was #17 and in the end of 2011 she was #22. If she made the progress during this season, the weight loss is not the reason. In fact, it might be the reason why she didn't do better. Did you watch this match? Did you see her serve? It never looked weaker.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #322
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In the end of 2010 she was #17 and in the end of 2011 she was #22. If she made the progress during this season, the weight loss is not the reason. In fact, it might be the reason why she didn't do better. Did you watch this match? Did you see her serve? It never looked weaker.
According to the WTA website these were her ranks when she entered tournaments.

----
#63 Stanford
#60 San Diego
#62 Cinncinati

#36 Beijing

#24 BALI

----
#20 AUSTRALIAN OPEN (first tournament of the year for her.)
#19 PATTAYA CITY
#19 DUBAI
#21 INDIAN WELLS
#19 MIAMI
#17 MADRID
#22 ROME
#21 FRENCH OPEN
#19 BIRMINGHAM
#18 EASTBOURNE
#18 WIMBLEDON
#17 STANFORD
#18 CARLSBAD
#16 TORONTO
#17 CINCINNATI
#19 US OPEN
#21 TOKYO - PAN PACIFIC
#18 BEIJING
#23 LUXEMBOURG
#26 BALI

----
#22 BRISBANE (first tournament of the year for her.)

#16 INDIAN WELLS
#16 MIAMI
#15 STUTTGART
#15 MADRID
#15 ROME
#14 FRENCH OPEN
#14 WIMBLEDON
#12 OLYMPICS
#12 MONTREAL

NOTE: If you don;t accept the WTA as an authority on players rankings, we have no agrreable point of discussion.

It looks like 2011 was a flat year for her, but when you dropped out of the top fifty the previous year, it isn't.

YOU are the one who posted video from Beijing 2010 as example of her play. It's not my fault she was ranked #36 then. Of course, that's according to the WTA. If you have a better source, please provide it.

Now look at 2012. IW, she's finally to where she won't draw a top 4 player in the round-of-32. And she's held that level solidly.

She just made the US Open quarters, her ranking is solidly in the top fifteen, where it hasn't been since the end of 2009. (Again, that's according to the WTA web site.) She actually made Serena play tonight, not just serve and hit winners. You sound like you're a fan of hers. What exactly is your problem?

AI is coming back! That's good news.

Last edited by Volcana : Sep 6th, 2012 at 12:56 AM.
Volcana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #323
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
NOTE: If you don;t accept the WTA as an authority on players rankings, we have no agrreable point of discussion.

It looks like 2011 was a flat year for her, but when you dropped out of the top fifty the previous year, it isn't.
I know what her ranking was in almost every week during her whole career, trust me. What I'm saying is that she made a huge progress in the second part of 2010, she was #65 after Wimbledon and she was #17 four months after. During that time there was no weight loss and her game was even better than it is now. She didn't reach USO quarterfinal, but she also faced Kim in R4. after the weight loss her game got worse, she had too many minor injuries + she was coachless. After RG in 2011 she was #50 in the race. When she hired Nigel, she started playing better. His coaching is, IMO, the main reason why she's #12 at the moment, but she still doesn't have a fitness coach, she still gets injured way too often, so I really fail to realize how exactly this weight loss benefits her game.

Edit: I am a fan. I want her to bulk up a bit (not to gain 20 pounds). I want her to serve better and improve that bh.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #324
Volcana

Quote:
After RG in 2011 she was #50 in the race. When she hired Nigel, she started playing better. His coaching is, IMO, the main reason why she's #12 at the moment, but she still doesn't have a fitness coach, she still gets injured way too often, so I really fail to realize how exactly this weight loss benefits her game.
The reason you don't see it is you're making an unlikely assumption. That Nigel Sear's coaching is the reason for her improvement.

I'm not saying Sears is a bad coach. But at the top of most sports, losing weight, if done correctly, increases athletic performance. That's not an absolute, but it's very true in most sports where endurance and foot speed are issues. She was getting back stuff against Serena most players couldn't even touch.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #325
country flag Cajka

Quote:
The reason you don't see it is you're making an unlikely assumption. That Nigel Sear's coaching is the reason for her improvement.

I'm not saying Sears is a bad coach. But at the top of most sports, losing weight, if done correctly, increases athletic performance. That's not an absolute, but it's very true in most sports where endurance and foot speed are issues. She was getting back stuff against Serena most players couldn't even touch.
My assumption is based on her results and her game. Credits to Ana for getting those balls back, it's not like I think that she's faster than she was in 2008, but never mind. She's a tall woman who has a huge forehand and who used to have a huge serve, getting the balls back is not her playing style. Her game plan should be really simple: serve and forehand. Her junkballing, variety and defensive skills are superb for a big hitter, but she made that progress in 2007 when she lost some weight for the first time. In that department I haven't seen big progress after 2008.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #326
Volcana

Quote:
My assumption is based on her results and her game. Credits to Ana for getting those balls back, it's not like I think that she's faster than she was in 2008, but never mind. She's a tall woman who has a huge forehand and who used to have a huge serve, getting the balls back is not her playing style. Her game plan should be really simple: serve and forehand. Her junkballing, variety and defensive skills are superb for a big hitter, but she made that progress in 2007 when she lost some weight for the first time. In that department I haven't seen big progress after 2008.
You're clearly a closer observer of her than me.

What exactly happened to her after she won RG in 2008?
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #327
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Having watched her play this USO yes she is slimmer but not dangerously slow imo, some photos have been unflattering.

As Annabel Croft said Ana was more voluptuous years ago and has just changed recently to a more slim physique.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #328
country flag Cajka

Quote:
You're clearly a closer observer of her than me.

What exactly happened to her after she won RG in 2008?
I'm a huge fan, but I don't think that there's a person who has this answer. I know that she trained too hard and got injured before the Olympics in 2008. She got too disappointed and stared slumping. During the off season, her adidas coaches tried to change her serve and they screwed her toss, as a result her confidence was completely screwed. In 2010 she hired Heinz Günthardt, who used to coach Graf and she made a huge progress. But, since he couldn't be her full time coach, she fired him in the end of 2010 and started slumping again. When she hired Nigel, she became mentally stronger and, as a result, this is her best season after 2008. Hopefully, 2013 can be only better if she doesn't fire him too.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:37 AM   #329
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Ana has lost way too much weight. It's ridiculous. She's headed toward old Hantuchova land. She needs some counseling - intervention.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #330
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

She seems to be getting thinner and thinner. It doesn't suit her at all.