Womens Tennis in General - Page 287 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #4291
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Eh, not really. It is hardly courageous of me to pick the overwhelming favourite. Who knows, maybe Ana will shock us all and do the unthinkable and Sara will not have to worry about Serena?
I think it's been an incredible season for Sara anyway. One GS final and now another GS semi, a bunch of titles, huge jump up the rankings. Getting to another GS final isn't necessarily likely but losing the semi wouldn't be a terrible thing.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #4292

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
What do you mean?

Seriously, because nobody except for a few of us here know who she is anyway, because she doesn't seem to post much here anymore so she's probably not even aware of it and finally because my signature is getting rather crowded. But ok, she can stay.
Wasn't criticisin'.

I also didn't realise you were a Sorana fan. That makes three of us at least in the Woz forum. Which is interesting considering their playing styles are kinda different.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #4293
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Hahah. I want to good rep you but it won't let me.
I just gave him a good rep and credited it to you.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #4294
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
I think it's been an incredible season for Sara anyway. One GS final and now another GS semi, a bunch of titles, huge jump up the rankings. Getting to another GS final isn't necessarily likely but losing the semi wouldn't be a terrible thing.
She also made QF at the AO.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #4295

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
She also made QF at the AO.
Aye
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #4296
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post

If we get a Vika/Serena final I will do an aboutface and hop on the Vika bandwagon (at least for that one match).
I'm afraid you're setting yourself up to be disappointed my friend. As confident as I am about Vika's chances tomorrow as pessimistic I feel about the possible final.

She has the same problem as Caroline, way too much respect for Serena.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #4297
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
I also didn't realise you were a Sorana fan. That makes three of us at least in the Woz forum. Which is interesting considering their playing styles are kinda different.
Well, as you can see from the names in my signature I don't really prefer any playing style over another. The're all good no matter what type of game they play otherwise they wouldn't be where they are. I like different players for different and often even opposite reasons. Ok, if I had in terms of what I find the aestetically most pleasing player to watch I'd have to say Hingis. She was so talented that she could when she was on make other good players look clumsy. Sorta like Evonne Goolagong in the days of old.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #4298
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
She has the same problem as Caroline, way too much respect for Serena.
I don't know. Leaving all trashtalk and joking aside - I think that if there is one player capable of at least giving Serena a good match at the moment it has to be Vika. The best of Kvitova might be able to do it, but she's too erratic at times. Maria, well, Serena is a match-up out of hell for her. But Vika serves reasonably well, is the best returner in womens tennis and while she can't match Serena for power, she hits the ball reasonably hard, moves opponents from side to side and keeps the ball deep on a consistent basis and she's gritty. She gave Serena a good match at Wimbledon. Not at the Olympics where Serena played tennis from a different planet, but at the USO they play on hardcourt - not on grass.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #4299
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I don't know. Leaving all trashtalk and joking aside - I think that if there is one player capable of at least giving Serena a good match at the moment it has to be Vika. The best of Kvitova might be able to do it, but she's too erratic at times. Maria, well, Serena is a match-up out of hell for her. But Vika serves reasonably well, is the best returner in womens tennis and while she can't match Serena for power, she hits the ball reasonably hard, moves opponents from side to side and keeps the ball deep on a consistent basis and she's gritty. She gave Serena a good match at Wimbledon. Not at the Olympics where Serena played tennis from a different planet, but at the USO they play on hardcourt - not on grass.
It wasn't a slam, which arguably makes a difference, but Kerber recently defeated Serena (Cincinnati) and I was really hoping that they would meet in the semi-final. Serena is typically very good at avenging losses and she probably would have won but I think Kerber has the kind of game that can trouble Serena.

Azarenka's biggest problem in her recent matches against Serena has been that she fell behind early and it took her too long to get into the match. Assuming that they meet if Azarenka can play her best from the first point she should at least have a decent chance of forcing a tiebreak.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #4300
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

No stream for the Serena vs Ana match?
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #4301
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

The field sure looks as useless on hard court dealing with Serena's serve as on grass.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #4302
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

http://lsh.lshunter.tv/streams/1/lshtv2.html
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #4303
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh. Why do so many players hit back to the opponent rather than hit to the open court?
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #4304
country flag Protoss

Sigh. Serena holds for 6-1 1st set at Ad Serena from 15-40 to 40-40 on an ace.

Just give Serena the freaking trophy already.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #4305
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly can't wait until she finally retires, this is ruining the third big tournament this year.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote