Ashleigh Barty - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 30th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #646
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Anyone know her upcoming schedule? I'm certain she will play at US Open, but it doesn't look like she will play anything before or after that.

She sure spends a lot of time in training blocks. Even with AER I doubt she will get close to her maximum. Doubt she will defend her titles next year too. Looks like just big tournaments + training blocks
On facebook, in response to the question "what's you next tournament/" she said she hoped to play US Open. Probably TA will ask a qualifying wc for her , not sure they will give her the reciprocal main draw wc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey-pan
She will probably need the main draw WC if she wants to play in New York because I don't think she will quite make qualies with her rank at this stage, there is a chance with withdrawals etc we will have to see. She'd be mad not to play some of the challengers at home at the end of the year! She would clean up I reckon.
Last year qualifying cut off was 242(after withdrawls of course) she is not that far off. But still a long shot at this point, we will see

Last edited by guichard : Jul 30th, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:10 PM   #647
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Ash will play $25K Redding, CA in the week of Sep 10th
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 02:30 AM   #648
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see her back in action soon Could have cleaned up the Aussie 25ks though Probably would have just boosted her ranking and not much else, playing in the US will give her better experience against the players in her league.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #649
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

She missed out on the US Qualies by 2 spots
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #650
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post
She missed out on the US Qualies by 2 spots
Shame she couldnt get in, as was with Sam Groth who was the top alternate...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #651
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Yeah devastated she didn't get a crack in qualies.

Good move to play overseas ITF rather than burgle the aussies ones. It is much better for her development, beating aussies repeatedly & getting over-exaggerated praise from media & fans will do nothing- only the points would be good.

Stosur didn't make the top 10 by playing aussie $25k's year after year.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #652
country flag guichard

She is staying home and playing Aussies ITF . She withdrew from the ITF I mentioned above and her facebook posts hinted at her desire to stay home. I would have like to see her play more Europe/USA ITF
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #653
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
She is staying home and playing Aussies ITF . She withdrew from the ITF I mentioned above and her facebook posts hinted at her desire to stay home. I would have like to see her play more Europe/USA ITF
Well instead of Aussie $25k on 17th, she got JE into US $75k.

I'm really confused...
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #654
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Well instead of Aussie $25k on 17th, she got JE into US $75k.

I'm really confused...
I am guessing she was planning to come to USA to play USO and those ITFs . But now decided to just stay home, we will have to wait and see
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 03:33 AM   #655
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Ashleigh's scheduling is usually so organised
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 04:41 AM   #656
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
I am guessing she was planning to come to USA to play USO and those ITFs . But now decided to just stay home, we will have to wait and see
That's what I thought too, but why didn't she just withdraw from all her planned tournaments at US?

Anyways she has played 3 senior tournaments, so has at least 9 left. AO is definite, I guess she will get WC into Brisbane and maybe Hobart again. If she defends her 3 ITF finals, this means she has 3 left to spend on tournaments before end of year.
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 12:00 PM   #657
country flag guichard

Maybe she just doesn't feel the urgency to do it immediately, she only withdrew on Wednesday from $25 000 ITF

Hopefully this time she can manage a few wins in those WTA Australian tournaments
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:06 AM   #658
country flag guichard

Now she is out of ITF $75 K
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #659
country flag 5tatRacket
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light

Barty is through to the semis of $25,000 Esperance and is entered in $25,000 Margaret River next week.
5tatRacket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #660
country flag binky-GOAT

If she gets to SF in her next 2 $25ks as well, she'll be ranked about 190.

Is that enough to get into QD for AO?