WWW US Open Juniors??? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW US Open Juniors???

Taylor Townsend 6 9.52%
Yulia Putintseva 6 9.52%
Eugenie Bouchard 28 44.44%
Antonia Lottner 8 12.70%
Katerina Siniakova 0 0%
Krista Hardebeck 0 0%
Sachia Vickery 0 0%
Samantha Crawford 3 4.76%
Anett Kontaveit 6 9.52%
Other 6 9.52%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 04:05 PM   #16
country flag deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future
Re: WWW US Open Juniors???

Bouchard, Lottner, Putintseva or Crawford.
deliverance. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM   #17
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Evgeniy Bouchard is trying to end the streak

STOP HER
Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM   #18
country flag machinist

machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all

Abanda. Not so long ago she defeated Falconi.
machinist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 04:43 PM   #19
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinist View Post
Abanda. Not so long ago she defeated Falconi.
And then got mauled by Karatantcheva.

Bouchard seems to be playing at WTA level right now, so she'll probably win this easily.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 04:56 PM   #20
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of

I fancy Chalena Scholl for this. But with juniors anything can happen.
Bouchard and Duval probably start as favourites.
But Putintseva is arguably the best player on paper.
Tennis Pentathlon: #7
Tipping: #11
TT - Singles: #104 Doubles: #96
My tennis blog: http://tennisbyjoe.wordpress.com/
joeh37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:23 PM   #21
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

either Eugenie Bouchard, Taylor Townsend, Sachia Vickery, Victoria Duval,Francoise Abanda
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:39 PM   #22
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

It's gonna be Bouchard, Crawford, Putintseva or Abanda. Genie's got an impressive summer and unless she gets thrown off by the junior game style in comparison on what she's been working on to adapt her game to the pro she should have some fairly easy matches as well, just like she proved today. Crawford is sure one to look for too after qualifying for the USO. Puntintsva too. Abanda got a huge win in Repentigny after beating her first top 115 players easily in Montreal. She seems to have adapted her game to what sunk her against Sesil as well.

I don't get the big fuss about Duval, I love her she's really bubbly and nice but her game against Kim wasn't impressive at all, everytime she was being attacked she couldn't handle it. Genie (her 2nd rd opponent) can attack really well too so I'd see Genie beat her in 2 sets hence why I didn't put her as a fav. Duval just need more experience and more pace on her shots to be relevant against Pro tour player. Townsend's been injured all summer and she's in Abanda's section who beat her 2 times in a row so I don't know what to expect from her. Seeing Lottner this week and her game was really pro ready but she struggled stringing points after point against Abanda so if she plays like that all the time i don't see her winning. Kontaveit could be tricky but she's in a tough section with Townsend, Abanda and Genie.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:39 PM   #23
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Putintseva still playing juniors.

Anyways, Bouchard is THE in form player for this draw and I think the big favorite. I am going to list my favorites as followed: 1. Bouchard 2. Townsend 3. Duval 4. Putintseva 5. Crawford ; I'd be surprised if it wasn't those 5

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:55 PM   #24
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Donna Vekic not playing juniors nomore didn't see her name in the draw
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:41 PM   #25
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

Bouchard must be seen as favorite.
What's sure, top half is packed whereas bottom half is much softer.
There seems to be a high amount of teenagers who played both a women's and now the juniors tournaments, or is it just me and it's no higher than usual?

P.S. also strange that a player ranked in the top 500 women didn't make it from junior qualies, which she had to play due to insufficient junior activity iinm.

Last edited by Archer16 : Sep 2nd, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:42 PM   #26
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Bouchard
and she will end the streak of 23 or something different junior winners in a row
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:53 PM   #27
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

1)Taylor Townsend (USA) d. Laura Ucros (COL) 63 63
(wc)Victoria Duval (USA) d. Varvara Flink (RUS) 75 60
(16)Marcela Zacarias (MEX) d. Christina Makarova (USA) 63 60
Valeria Patiuk (ISR) d. Bernarda Pera (CRO) 46 63 61
Viktoriya Lushkova (UKR) d. Jelena Ostapenko (LAT) 63 63
(wc)Samantha Crawford (USA) d. Zuzanna Maciejewska (POL) 63 63
(2)Yulia Putintseva (KAZ) d. (wc)Gabrielle Faith Andrews (USA) 63 60
(wc)Jamie Loeb (USA) d. Mayar Sherif (EGY) 62 67(1) 60
(wc)Caroline Doyle (USA) d. (7)Petra Uberalova (SVK) 61 64
(13)Ana Konjuh (CRO) d. Emily Fanning (NZL) 61 61

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:03 PM   #28
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Vicki Duvallll!
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 11:34 PM   #29
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

I could have sworn I saw a "Uberalova, you heard it here first" post in here...
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 11:42 PM   #30
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

It's not guaranteed that Bouchard's form on the WTA = form in the juniors.

IIRC, Madison Keys bombed out pretty hard in an ITF/junior level tournament after her 2011 USO performance.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote