Big Ten - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:32 AM   #1
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice
Big Ten

For some reason there has never been a Big Ten thread started on this site! Someone started a Midwest thread awhile back which will be fine for all the other conferences in the Midwest!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:51 AM   #2
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big Ten

that's the reason I created the Midwest thread, to INCLUDE both conferences, Big Ten and Big East

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 04:41 AM   #3

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice
Big Ten

The Big Ten is changing! With the addition of Maryland and Rutgers and rumors now they are looking at North Carolina and or Georgia Tech to round out the conference with 16 teams, the days of a regional conference is over! Maryland is likely to add 100 million dollars to their coffer and Rutgers will probably get even more!
Don't know if I like this or not! College sports is now all about the almighty dollar!
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #4
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
The Big Ten is changing! With the addition of Maryland and Rutgers and rumors now they are looking at North Carolina and or Georgia Tech to round out the conference with 16 teams, the days of a regional conference is over! Maryland is likely to add 100 million dollars to their coffer and Rutgers will probably get even more!
Don't know if I like this or not! College sports is now all about the almighty dollar!
Hmm, I doubt UNC will leave the ACC and their Duke rivalry. Who knows though!
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #5
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

With apologies to fantic for posting in this thread.

Nebraska with the early advantage in a top ten clash: http://www.huskers.com/fls/100/NU_WT/3-10-13/xlive.htm
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Nebraska with the early advantage in a top ten clash: http://www.huskers.com/fls/100/NU_WT/3-10-13/xlive.htm
Nebraska was a very good team last year but fell off at the end. They are a very well coached team! I think Michigan and Nebraska are the top 2 teams in the Big Ten with Northwestern in at third. They are all probably top 10 teams and will all be strong in the NCAA's this year. I also think the Big Ten is a top 3 conference in college tennis this year for the first time in long time!
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #7

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Nebraska was a very good team last year but fell off at the end. They are a very well coached team! I think Michigan and Nebraska are the top 2 teams in the Big Ten with Northwestern in at third. They are all probably top 10 teams and will all be strong in the NCAA's this year. I also think the Big Ten is a top 3 conference in college tennis this year for the first time in long time!
I'll say top 4.
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #8
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post

Go ahead, make my thread obsolete

Quote:

Let's be objective here, even when the troika-Mosolova, Muresan and Frilling- ruled the conference, when NU won the Indoors and ND finished top 4 in the team NCAA, they weren't top 3

The tragedy is that all junior Midwest elites move to other regions Or turn pro;

Davis, Turewicz, Gibbs, McPhillips, Austin..they need to stop this 'emigration' if they want to enter top 3.

But ah, the weather..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #9
country flag TennisSee

TennisSee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post

Let's be objective here, even when the troika-Mosolova, Muresan and Frilling- ruled the conference, when NU won the Indoors and ND finished top 4 in the team NCAA, they weren't top 3

The tragedy is that all junior Midwest elites move to other regions Or turn pro;

Davis, Turewicz, Gibbs, McPhillips, Austin..they need to stop this 'emigration' if they want to enter top 3.

But ah, the weather..
I have not hear anything about Brooke Austin leaving the Midwest to attend college.
Has she committed yet?
TennisSee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #10
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisSee View Post
I have not hear anything about Brooke Austin leaving the Midwest to attend college.
Has she committed yet?
It's not 100% settled but she's not staying in Midwest colleges, she's probably heading to sunny...

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #11
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not 100% settled but she's not staying in Midwest colleges, she's probably heading to sunny...
There's been a bit of UNC talk, but I think she'll end at Georgia. I think Gabby Andrews could en up at UGA too

tennisbuddy12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #12
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
There's been a bit of UNC talk, but I think she'll end at Georgia. I think Gabby Andrews could en up at UGA too
Really? My source says differently

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #13

Fantic must be implying she's thinking of going to USC?
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #14
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Fantic must be implying she's thinking of going to USC?
No

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #15

Quote:

But ah, the weather..
Last I heard, Frilling never played in this conference. She played in the Big East!