US Open 2012 - official "Yes she can!" thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:23 AM   #16
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2012 - official "Yes she can!" thread

I always more prefer from Ana wins like this (after lose 1st set) than routine "6-3 6-2 like" wins. So this sleepless night is really worth for me.

But for me this is another proof that Ana's very bad 3-setter record is connected with hers fitness, not mental weakness. When she playing at slams pressure is bigger, but she have day to rest. Remember that Ana after RG early lose have big pause before Wimbledon without playing anything and with reducing practice schedule. Same thing after Olympics she not played anything at USO hardcourts (don't count that Rogers Cup sabotage) and barely practicing. So same thing here is happen like at Wimbledon - she is unprepared for new surface - but fresh, so she won three 3-setters in the row at slams! At day-to-day events that is still not possible for Ana.

In next round opponent is Pironkova. She looks so great today at 6-1 *3-0, but something is happen than. I don't understand why she is on second fastest slam is not even close that good like at fastest, but lets hope that strange non-grass sucks phenom will continue with talented Tsveti.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:14 AM   #17
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2012 - official "Yes she can!" thread

BONUS STATS ABOUT PIRONKOVA at fast HC:

At all tournaments of US Open type of fast outdoors hardcourts surface (USO, Cincy, Beijing, Tokyo, Rogers Cup, New Haven) Pironkova never beat TOP40 opponent!!
This summer most interesting and notable HC match of Pironkova is Cincinnati R1 lose vs Sloane Stephens!
And don't forget - this time crowd will be with Ana, not with opponent like in home-player case of Stephens.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote