Angie: Interviews, Tweets and Articles! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #31
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold
Re: Angie: Interviews, Tweets and Video Appearances

Aftermatch oncourt Interview - Cincinnati QF

http://www.tennistv.com/video/clip/2028916
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #32
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

Angelique Kerber's Cincinnati Blog: Friday

CINCINNATI, OH, USA - It has been a dream last 12 months for Angelique Kerber, going from outside the Top 100 last summer to now firmly established in the Top 10. She has the most match wins on the WTA this season and now writes her very first WTA Player Blog from the Western & Southern Open.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Hello again everybody

Obviously it's an amazing feeling that I won against Serena. She's one of the greatest players ever. She has won so many big titles - Grand Slams, the Olympics... not just in the past, but this year too, and many more in the future - so it's for sure one of the biggest wins in my career. She's just amazing.

I think the key for me was my serve - I broke her twice, and she didn't break me. I mixed my serve up well. I also tried to move well and bring as many balls back as I could. It was not easy because she hits the ball so hard, it's so hard to get them back! I really had to take it point by point. I was just told I won the only two break points I had in the match, and it's like I said yesterday - I knew I would have to be 100% focused every point because I would only get a few chances in the match. I was really giving my best - I really enjoyed the match.

And I couldn't have done it alone. The fans are just amazing here - to hear all of you cheering and supporting us on center court today was amazing. I'm so happy to be in the semifinals of this great tournament and I can't wait to play for you again on center court in my match against Petra tomorrow night

I didn't watch Petra's match tonight but it's always nice to play against her. I think I'll have nothing to lose again. She won a very big title last week and is always so tough - I will just try to do my thing again. We'll see how it goes!

What else did I do today... after my match I had my press conference, some TV and other interviews, I went to the ESPN set outdoors, which was cool... and some other things. There was much more to do today than the other days! I went back to the hotel afterwards, went to dinner and just came back now.

It's quite late right now, almost 11! But I'm not complaining... honestly, after such a good win for me, it really doesn't matter what time it is right now!!

But I do have to go to bed soon. I'll check out some more of your great fan questions tomorrow... thank you for all of your wonderful messages of support, by the way! I'll talk to you all again tomorrow night!

Yours,

Angie

http://www.wtatennis.com/blog/201208...257191_2890072
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #33
country flag silesia

Angelique Kerber's Cincinnati Blog: Saturday

CINCINNATI, OH, USA - It has been a dream last 12 months for Angelique Kerber, going from outside the Top 100 last summer to now firmly established in the Top 10. She has the most match wins on the WTA this season and now writes her very first WTA Player Blog from the Western & Southern Open.

Saturday, August 19, 2012

Hello again everyone, it was quite a long day today and it's quite late right now, 1:30am! But there's no way I would go to bed without doing the blog

How to start...

Well I slept until about 9:30 in the morning, then we went out for breakfast. Then I went to the site and played from 12 to about 1, then went back to the hotel. I ate something, watched a movie, read my book, listened to music, and of course I watched a bit of the men's semifinals, but just on the TV - that's it!

The men are playing so great all the time. I don't know what to say. And I'm a fan of Roger - I think his personality is unbelievable

Anyway, after that I went back to the site again and waited for my match.

There was a lot of waiting today but it was a very happy ending! I won a tough match against Petra. In the second set I had no chance because she was just making so many winners. But in the third I just tried to keep fighting and play until the last point, no matter what was happening, and I'm so happy to have won the match. It's actually unbelievable to be in the finals here in Cincinnati!

After my match I did some stretching with my coach, then about 20 to 25 minutes of press, then a quick massage and some treatment, then I had to eat something fast - but it was so late and everything was closed! So I just ate a sandwich. Then it was back to the hotel and now I'm here writing to all of you!!

I have a few things I want to say before I go to bed though. I have to say, the crowd is just unbelievable here in Cincinnati. They have been staying until the last match (and tonight that was ours!) and it's just an amazing atmosphere out there. I want to say thanks to all of the great fans for staying up.

Also, you may have read that my close friend Andrea Petkovic is back and playing in New Haven this week. I'm very, very happy she's back. I've missed her a lot - the last few months have been the worst months of her career, and life maybe, and I am really looking forward to seeing her again in New York. And I'm sure it won't be long before she's playing very well again.

Welcome back, Andrea

And goodnight to all of you - I will talk to you again tomorrow night!

Yours,

Angie

http://www.wtatennis.com/blog/201208...257191_2890969

-----------------------------------------------------------

Angelique Kerber's Cincinnati Blog: Sunday

Sunday, August 19, 2012

One last time from Cincinnati... hello everyone!

Well, it was a tough match. I didn't have too much time to rest before the final, but I really tried everything I could today - it just wasn't enough. Li Na was playing so well, especially the last set. My goal was to give everything I had and I think I did that - she just got better and better during the match. There can only be one winner and one loser in a match, and runner-up isn't too bad

I can take positives from the week for sure. I know I'm playing very well right now and can beat the players ahead of me - my best moment of the week was my win over Serena, it was a very special moment for me. It was my first final at such a big tournament, too (and hopefully not my last one!) And also I really enjoyed my stay here in Cincinnati. I really had a great time this week.

Another thing I was happy about was Roger winning the men's title here today. I was cheering for him! I was a little bit shocked when I came to the site and saw it was 6-0 in the first set - I'm not sure what happened, I didn't see the first set... but it was a really good match in the second set. Roger played very well here - he went for the title and took it. Congratulations to you Roger!

After the press conference me and my coach gave Cincy a proper goodbye...

WE WENT TO KINGS ISLAND! It's the amusement park nearby. It was closing at 8 o'clock, and my coach said, 'Let's do this, let's really say goodbye to Cincinnati!' So we rushed and got there at 7:45, and because we only had 10 or 15 minutes we ran to the Drop Tower. I don't know how many meters we went up, but we saw all of Cincinnati from up there! Then it fell down!! It was fun!

So now I'm going to Dallas and I hope to get some more matches there. I'm really looking forward to New York - doing well there is my biggest goal.

Thank you everybody for reading my blog! I really, really enjoyed doing it. For sure I will do it again. And you can keep up with me on my website until then!

Until next time

Angie

How strong are your ties to Poland? Natalia, Poland
I'm actually in Poland a lot! Whenever I have a break from the tour I go to Germany but also to Poland, because my grandparents are there, also one part of my family - actually everyone is there except my parents! And they're originally from Poland too. Also our tennis academy is there, Centrum Tenisowe Angie. Whenever I go to Poland that's where I'm training.

http://www.wtatennis.com/blog/201208...257191_2891818

Last edited by silesia : Aug 31st, 2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #34
country flag silesia

Cincinnati, 18.08.2012

Press Conference

After beating Petra Kvitova in the semi-final of the 2012 Western & Southern Open.

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. This is your second time here and you reach the final. Looks like this tournament is going to be your favorite one on the tour.
ANGELIQUE KERBER: Yeah, I mean, for sure right now it's for sure one of my favorite tournaments. I mean, it's amazing to be here in the final. Yeah, I come here to have a lot of matches before New York, and ight now I'm in the final. I beat Serena; I beat Petra. Yeah, I just, yeah, just enjoy the final tomorrow and having fun here.

Q. How much would a title here mean to you?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: Yeah, for sure a lot, but actually I'm not thinking about this. I will just try to concentrate on the next match. I mean, it's of course a final, but I will just think that it's just a normal match. Doesn't matter if it's the final or the first round.

Q. Tactically how did you approach tonight's match? You were a defensive wall out there against Petra.
ANGELIQUE KERBER: Yeah, I mean, my tactic was to move very well and bring the balls back and also deep. So I tried to do this. I start very well in the second set. I mean, she hit winners and I had no chance actually, but I was just try to fighting until the last point and keep moving well. So, yeah, I do my plan actually very well tonight.

Q. Do you have a preference between playing lefties and righties?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: For sure it's a little bit different if you play against lefty because most girls are right handers. It's a little bit different. But after one or two games it's normal.

Q. Do you have a preference?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: No. (Laughing.)

Q. What do you think about the matchup with Li Na? What will you need to do?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: That's a good question. I actually had no time to think about this now. Again, I have nothing to lose I think. I will go out there and I think she's the favorite. She was in the final last week and played very great tennis also this night. So I will just go for it, try play like today and move very well, and if I have the chance, to go for it.

Q. When you have a second set like that, are you the kind of person who you just takes it in stride and you're ready and go again in the third, or do you have to stop yourself and refocus?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: Yeah, I need to say stop it to me and be focus. Yeah, think about my game plan, what I'm doing well in the first set. Also my coach, if he come to me said the same: just think about the next point and think what we speak before the match; try to go for it and not think about the second set or the points which are gone.

Q. You don't have a great record against Li Na. What do you think makes her tough to play?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: I think she, yeah, she moves very well. She can hit the balls very deep and very hard. She has a great serve. So it will be for sure a tough match. I need to play for sure 100% if I will have a chance to win this match. I think I'm ready. I feel very good here. It's the final; I will enjoy it; I enjoyed my whole week here. Yeah, I think I'm looking forward to play the match.

Q. Last year Andrea Petkovic was a semifinalist, and someone asked her about the other German players and she said great things about you. She said she invited to you play at her academy for a few weeks.
ANGELIQUE KERBER: Yeah, I speak with her after Wimbledon last year, and she actually not invited me, just asked me if I would like to practice with her. I go to her and we practice like three weeks, and, yeah, after that I went to New York and play the semis. So, I mean, Andrea is a very close friends to me. I'm very happy about her that she's back right now, yeah.

Q. How did you think she's going to do on her comeback? She predicted correctly great things for you last year; what about you?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: I think I do the same for her right now. Yeah, she had very bad time in the last months, but I'm sure that she will come back very shortly and play also very shortly very well again. So yeah, that's for sure. So I think she's back soon.

Q. Does this run relax you at all for New York? Talk about points to defend for semifinals, and now you have all the points from Cincinnati.
ANGELIQUE KERBER: I'm not thinking about this. I'm really not thinking about points. You go to the tournaments, you have to defend some points, but in the next tournament you win also points. If you will be a very good player and the top player, you need to play the whole year very well. I'm not thinking about this. I will go to New York. Such a great memories last year. I think I will just go through, try to play again very well, and we will see.

Q. I think you won more matches than anyone this year. Does that surprise you just to think it?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: Yeah, I mean, of course it's amazing feeling to win so many matches this year. I think last year on this time I had maybe ten matches that I won; right now it's more than fifty. Yeah, I also proud that I do this. Yeah, I don't know. I mean, I was last year 100 and now I'm top 10, so it's amazing.

Q. Do you feel like a top-10 player?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: Yeah, I think I show everybody that I beat a lot of top players now, and so I think I am right now one of them.

Q. Will you watch the men's final tomorrow or stay focused on your own game?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: I think maybe both. I think I will watch a little bit from the TV, but, yeah, try to focus on my game and be ready for the final.

Q. Do you have a favorite, Novak or Roger?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: That's tough, but I like Roger. (Laughter.)

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

http://assets.usta.com/assets/663/15...-_08.18.12.pdf
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #35
country flag silesia

Angelique Kerber post match press conference 18.08.2012:

Aftermatch on-court Interview - Cincinnati SF:
http://www.tennistv.com/video/clip/2028916

Coin Toss -- Petra Kvitova v Angelique Kerber:

Kvitova vs. Kerber at the Western and Southern Open
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #36
country flag silesia

Angelique Kerber Twitter Interview

Angelique Kerber answered questions that fans sent into the Western & Southern Open Twitter account, @CincyTennis.

Question from @scots_seahawk:
Outside of Flushing Meadow what do you like to do or see in New York?

Answer from @AngeliqueKerber:
I like to shop at Tiffany & Co. when I’m in New York for the US Open and not playing tennis.

Question from @adefranciscog:
What does it feel like to be the top ranked German player?

Being the top ranked German feels great but I’m not thinking about it because there are so many great German players.

Question from @scots_seahawk:
What has changed in your game or attitude these past 12 months to enable you to now be a top 10 player?

My fitness regimen has improved and I have a great support team around me.

Question from @harmssingh:
What do you feel is the part of your game which needs the most improvement to win Grand Slame titles?

I want my game to be more consistent and I’m working on my fitness and serve.

Question from @Drew_Bro:
What has been the biggest reason for your rise from out of the top 100 to the top 10? Did you change your game?

I have a great team around me and have been working on my fitness by running and hitting the gym.

Question from @milosbanan:
Why did you start playing tennis?

I started playing tennis when I was three because I love the game! My parents inspired me to play.

Question from @Chris91987:
Hi Angelique, of the current top players who do you find the most difficult to play and matchup against?

There are so many great top players that I can't pick just one.

Question from @WTATennisDE:
Angie, do you think tennis has become more popular in your home country since you played US Open last year ?

http://www.cincytennis.com/news/ange...ter_interview/

------------------------------------------------------------------

Press Conference after Final against Na Li:

http://assets.usta.com/assets/663/15...-_08.19.12.pdf

or:
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=82543

Last edited by silesia : Aug 31st, 2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #37
country flag xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father

xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of

2012 Cincinnati | Li vs Kerber | Winning ceremony

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father : Aug 19th, 2012 at 11:20 PM.
xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #38

xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of

Interview with Angie's trainer Torben Beltz. (in German only )

Kerber-Trainer Beltz:
"Sie ist jeden Tag
besser geworden"

Torben Beltz spricht im Interview über die Arbeit mit der deutschen Nummer eins.

Torben Beltz (36) ist der Trainer und engste Vertraute der Weltranglisten-Sechsten Angelique Kerber. Er coachte Kerber schon einmal in deren Juniorinnen-Tagen und arbeitet seit letztem Herbst fest in Diensten der Kielerin, die am Donnerstag zum Zweitrundenspiel gegen Venus Williams antreten muss.

Herr Beltz, keiner kennt Angelique Kerber besser als Sie. Können Sie uns das Geheimnis ihrer Erfolge erklären?

Torben Beltz: Sie war immer schon ein Riesentalent. Aber sie brauchte wirklich diese Selbstbestätigung, die sie hier im letzten Jahr bekommen hat - mit dem Halbfinaleinzug bei den US Open. Mit einem Paukenschlag auf einer großen Bühne. Das war ein richtiges Erweckungserlebnis. Auf einmal wusste sie: Ich bin da oben dabei. Ich kann die Guten schlagen.

Viele haben allerdings gedacht: Das war ein Ausreißer, ein Zufallstreffer.

Beltz: Natürlich gab es diese Bedenken. Ich glaube, Angelique war sich da auch nicht gleich hundertprozentig sicher. Aber die Bestätigung hat sie sich dann regelmäßig selbst gegeben, mit einer Kontinuität, die mich selbst manchmal sprachlos macht. Sie zieht ihr Ding jetzt gnadenlos durch, das ist schon super. Man merkt ihr auf Schritt und Tritt dieses Selbstbewusstsein an, das die Topspielerinnen haben.

Warum schaffte Sie nicht früher diesen großen Durchbruch?

Beltz: Ein Faktor war sicherlich die Fitness. Dieses gute Körpergefühl, das sie jetzt hat, war halt vor einem Jahr noch nicht da. Die harten Trainingswochen, die sie damals im Sommer absolviert hat, haben sie richtig verwandelt. Sie hatte auf einmal richtige Lust an dieser harten Arbeit. Hat sich da richtig reingestürzt. Und weil sie erfolgreich war, ließ sie auch nicht mehr locker. Auch weil sie weiß, dass sie ohne diesen hundertprozentigen Einsatz nichts Großes schaffen kann. Alle Spitzenspielerinnen arbeiten extrem hart, da kannst du dir keinen Schlendrian leisten.

Selbst viele Rivalinnen bewundern die Zähigkeit Ihrer Chefin, diese Hartnäckigkeit, die auch zu diesen mehr als 50 Saisonsiegen geführt hat.

Beltz: Es ist schon undankbar für jede, gegen Angie zu spielen. Sie gibt eigentlich keinen Ball verloren, ist mit unglaublicher Intensität im Spiel drin. Und macht auch die unmöglichen Dinge möglich, mit diesen vielen erfolgreichen Aufholjagden und Dreisatzsiegen. Sie ist aber auch deshalb so erfolgreich, weil sie im letzten Jahr ihr Repertoire konsequent ausgebaut und verfeinert hat. Man muss sich nur mal die Länge und Präzision ihrer Bälle anschauen, das ist schlicht Weltklasse. Da muss sie sich vor keiner verstecken. Auch nicht, was die Aggressivität des Spiels, die Power angeht. Sie ist eigentlich jeden Tag besser geworden, über das ganze letzte Jahr hinweg.

Sie reisen viele Wochen zusammen mit Angelique Kerber durch die Welt. Wie muss man sich diese Partnerschaft vorstellen?

Beltz: Wir arbeiten sehr ernsthaft zusammen, das ist das Wichtigste, das hat oberste Priorität. Aber wir kommen auch sonst gut klar, haben unseren Spaß, wenn nicht auf dem Platz oder im Kraftraum geackert wird. Wir spielen Backgammon oder gehen mal ins Kino. Wenn du so viel Zeit zusammen unterwegs bist, muss einfach die Chemie stimmen. Und das ist sicher so bei uns. Sie ist eben auch ein unheimlich angenehmer Mensch, mit dem man gern seine Zeit verbringt.

Angelique gilt eher als stiller, ruhiger, zurückhaltender Mensch. Wie passt der Trainer dazu?

Beltz: Ich bin auch keiner von der lauten Sorte. Aber ich muss natürlich als Coach motivieren, anfeuern, antreiben. Und das mache ich auch mit großem Vergnügen. Wenn sie zur Tribüne hochschaut und mich sieht, dann muss ich einfach Gas geben und Action machen. Das ist auch eine große Hilfe für sie. Man ist da eben auch eine Art Animateur.

Zurück zu den US Open: Da vermittelt Kerber nach diesem unheimlichen Aufstieg ziemlich entspannt den Eindruck einer Topspielerin.

Beltz: Man kann schlicht sagen: Sie ist da oben angekommen. Und sie hat nicht vor, diesen tollen Platz auch so schnell wieder zu räumen. Sie ist bereit, weiter mit höchstem Einsatz dran zu bleiben. Und vielleicht noch die letzten Schritte zu gehen.

Das ist die Frage, die sich in der Tat viele stellen: Kann Sie hier oder in nicht allzuferner Zukunft einen Grand-Slam-Titel gewinnen?

Beltz: Die Antwort ist: Ja. Denn sie hat alle großen Spielerinnen geschlagen, viele auch schon hintereinander bei einem Turnier. Bei einem Grand Slam passieren halt so viele verrückte Dinge, dass man sich nie sicher sein kann. Aber sie ist in Schlagdistanz zu diesen großen Titeln, kein Zweifel. Es gibt keine Grenzen für sie.

Die Auslosung ist ein bisschen undankbar, mit dem Zweitrundenspiel gegen Venus Williams am Donnerstag.

Beltz: Was soll man da jammern. Sie hat Venus bei Olympia geschlagen, sie hat diesen Sieg auch hier drauf. Und wer die Nummer sechs der Welt ist, muss eben auch mit solchen Herausforderungen klar kommen. So sieht sie jedenfalls selbst diese Situation.

Woran arbeitet das Gespann Beltz/Kerber in den nächsten Monaten, auch in der Vorbereitung auf die neue Saison?

Beltz: Die Arbeit geht einem nie aus. Die Schnelligkeit und Wendigkeit kann noch besser werden, beim Aufschlag ist noch immer Steigerungsbedarf. Das Schöne ist: Angie hat richtig Spaß daran, sich in diese Aufgaben zu stürzen. Sie ist mit Herz und Seele Profi geworden

http://www.tennisnet.com/deutschland...worden/4269933
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #39

Video: ZDF logo! Felix trifft Angelique (sorry, again only German)

Meiner Meinung nach der beste Reporter aller Zeiten. Was Lockerheit bei Interviews angeht kann Angie bei dem noch eine Menge lernen.
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:28 AM   #40
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

www.wtatennis.com
Article following her second round win against Venus Williams (US Open 2012)

NEW YORK, NY, USA - The night session on Arthur Ashe Stadium was the site of blowout after blowout all week, with the favorites - men and women - dropping an average of just one or two games per set. That all changed on Thursday night, and while the favorite still won, the challenge was anything but average.

When a World No.6 with 54 match wins on the season takes on a World No.46 with 19 match wins on the season, the going looks tough for the underdog. And early on in the match it was, as a rock solid Angelique Kerber built a 62 20 lead on Venus Williams with three points for 62 30; but it was far from over.

"Venus was fighting in the second set and played great shots in the important moments," Kerber said of the turning point. "I couldn't do anything."

Williams won that game to close to 62 21, and she would eventually win 11 of 16 games to take the second set, 7-5, and lead 4-2 in the third. The momentum seemed too strong for the former No.1 - but again, it was far from over.

"In the third she was up, and I just fought every point," Kerber said. "I had in my mind matches where I was down match ball and won, so I knew I could change it. I wasn't thinking of the time or the score, I was just trying to win points."

Kerber would eventually close Williams out in a nail-biter, 62 57 75.

"I knew this was not an easy second round," Kerber said. "She's such a great player. She has won so many Grand Slams. And I knew before the match the crowd would be behind her. But it was an unbelievable feeling to play her out there, and it's the first night match I've won here, so it's very special."

Williams has had five Top 10 wins since returning to the tour in March from a seven-month illness lay-off, but none at a Slam - but there's definitely a bright side, something the American was well aware of after the match.

"Today all I had was fight because I didn't play well. I don't feel like I put together more than two good points before I had to make two or three errors," Williams said. "I looked at the stats, and I made 60 errors. It's difficult to win like that.

"But if I could have made two more shots, I probably could have won that match. I'm beating myself. If I was out there and people were killing me, maybe it's time to hang it up. But right now I have to find the answer inside myself. The best part is that I'm playing my game, I'm playing aggressive, and I know they'll land. Unfortunately I had to pay a heavy price today - but at least the last shot I missed, I was going for the gold. I didn't get the gold, but I really went for it.

"At least I can go to sleep today and know I didn't try to push it in and hope for the best, because that's just not me."

And there was another bright side for Williams, a more personal bright side.

"There were a lot of people shouting out. This was the first time I've played here where the crowd has been behind me like that. Today I really felt American, for the first time at the US Open. I've waited my whole career to have this moment, and here it is. I hope I have that support in doubles, and next year as well."
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 01:28 PM   #41
country flag silesia

Tennis-Point.de - Backstage bei den US Open 2012 - Angelique Kerber

------------------------------------------

VIDEO: Angelique Kerber - Press Conference after match against Venus Williams, Day 4 at the US Open:

-------------------------------------------

Venus Vanquished - video: espn

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8320908

Nice win's celebration of Angie here

Last edited by silesia : Sep 2nd, 2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 04:48 PM   #42

Video: ZDF - Kerber: "Ich bin einfach stolz"
Quote:
Angelique Kerber mischt die US Open auf: Die deutsche Nummer eins warf in New York Lokalmatadorin Venus Williams aus dem Turnier. Im ZDF-Interview versucht sie, ihren Erfolg in Worte zu fassen.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:00 AM   #43

Commercial: Angelique Kerber with TennisFlex

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:05 PM   #44
country flag silesia

wow she is stiff as hell

==============================

2012 US Open Press Conferences: Angelique Kerber (3rd Round)

===============================

Almost the whole game - Kerber VS Govortsova 2012 US Open 3rd Round

Last edited by silesia : Sep 2nd, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:38 PM   #45
country flag silesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Father View Post
Commercial: Angelique Kerber with TennisFlex

TennisFlex - Angelique Kerber Bag Check