** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 333 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #4981
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectar69 View Post
Did anybody see her second-round U.S. Open interview? At the end of it some guy, tried to ask her how much her fiancee helps her prepare for matches (or the question was something like that) and Maria wouldn't answer and walked out. The question was asked after her interview was over, so she didn't have to answer, but I still thought it was interesting she doesn't seem to want to talk about him. Also, I was suprised the reporters didn't grill her when she made the comment "Of course, I've lived in this country since I was seven years old. I consider this to be my home." I guess bozo Bodo wasn't there or he certainly would have said something.
That moment at the end was so awkward! I think she said thank "God this interview is over" or something like that.

I like these press conferences though, nice and long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #4982
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Both Steve Tignor and Peter Bodo @ Tennis.com hate Maria Sharapova for some unknown reason - Peter Bodo for example wrote this piece of shit about Masha's patriotism just before the Olympics

I've gotten banned there because I started a questioning Peter Bodo and his attacks vs Masha and called him a "Russian hater" - What I understand is that Peter Bodo is Hungarian and had to flee when the Russians occupied his country back in the cold war - So - I urge you all to subscribe a free Livefyre account there and start commenting on all their idiotic comments about Masha - Just click the "Post comment" button in any article @ Tennis.com and create an account - The more Masha supporters the better

Example - Peter Bodo: Wimbledon: Fearless Forecasts
Quote:
Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams will meet in the women's final because the tennis gods, having allowed Maria that win in Paris (completing her career Grand Slam), don't want this whole "I am a brand" thing to get out of hand. If there's any branding to be done, the cowgirl holding the runnin' iron will be Serena, whose job description all these years has included mercilessly punishing Sharapova at every opportunity for having snatched that Wimbledon title out of her hands those eight long years ago. You think Serena's forgotten that? She's won seven of the eight matches they've played since.
Another example from Peter Bodo: U.S. Open Crystal Ball
Quote:
Women: Maria Sharapova, seeded No. 3, will scream and shriek and pause thoughtfully as if frozen in mid-step before she returns to the service line to play a point, and it will all look persuasive and menacing and at times unbeatable—until Serena Williams gets a hold of her in the final and squishes her like a piece of that gummy Sugarpova candy under the sole of her Nike kicks.
Take Steve Tignor who recently had 2 articles (Fan Club: Maria Sharapova part 1 and Fan Club: Maria Sharapova part 2) about Maria Sharapova in which he claims that he likes her and points out that what he says are only reflections of other people's opinion - yeah right!!

Quote:
Maria is a curious case to me when it comes to fans and fan love. She's always had plenty of sponsorships, and been as high profile as any tennis player, but I used to wonder how many fans of the sport really liked her, or liked to watch her play.
Note the choice of word:
Quote:
The crucial factor for many, of course, is The Shriek. I do wish she would stop, but I can deal with it after a few minutes of adjustment. There's even something perversely admirable about the way she ignores everyone’s opinion about it and just keeps at it.
perversely?

Quote:
I know no one talks about loving the way she plays, and when she's bad she can play some really ugly tennis; but when she's good, I like to watch her laser shots, especially her backhand, find the corners. I think one reason she isn’t beloved among tennis aficionados is that she doesn’t play with a ton of variety or touch
No one loving the way she plays? - She isn't beloved among tennis aficionados? - Of course if you do like her - Steve Tignor suggest that you're not a a fan of the sport or a "tennis aficionados"

Those are comments you expect from a fanatic Serena supporter in his teens but not from middle aged editors of a (on line) tennis magazine - who should know better then to flame a well respected tennis player like Masha over and over again - cause let me tell you - every time these two need to to say about Masha 'cause she's won for example - there are always some references to her shriek or other negative implications

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Aug 31st, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 12:43 AM   #4983
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectar69 View Post
Did anybody see her second-round U.S. Open interview? At the end of it some guy, tried to ask her how much her fiancee helps her prepare for matches (or the question was something like that) and Maria wouldn't answer and walked out. The question was asked after her interview was over, so she didn't have to answer, but I still thought it was interesting she doesn't seem to want to talk about him. Also, I was suprised the reporters didn't grill her when she made the comment "Of course, I've lived in this country since I was seven years old. I consider this to be my home." I guess bozo Bodo wasn't there or he certainly would have said something.
Yeah I watched that. Wish there is a transcript though as I couldn't hear the questions.

As her fans, we can safely assume she and Sasha are no longer an item until she proves otherwise. She has been evading the mention of him like the plague and I am quite sure that in many interviews they have been told before the start what questions not to ask. In this instance, the moderator cut him short, much to Maria's relief. More or less told him the conference was over.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 02:08 PM   #4984
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

In English about Maria and Sasha break up
Quote:
MARIA AND SASHA BROKE UP !!! It began in the fall of 2010, ended a few months ago. Maria Sharapova and Sasha Vujacic broke up. The news was confirmed today by Slovenian basketball player who is currently in training camp in Brunico with the Turkish team Efes dell’Anadolu. Vujacic, 28, told close friends (in the period in which he played in Udine, from 2001 to 2004, has been romantically linked to a girl Friuli) Italian and history with the world’s most famous Russian tennis player has been over about 3 months. The player does not intend to make further statements on the matter. The only certainty is that for some time the two were not particularly agree with the presence of Vujacic and tennis tournaments to the companion had thinned out more and more. Vujacic, who has abandoned the NBA (where he played for seven years between Los Angeles Lakers and New Jersey Nets), is increasingly concentrated on his profession, he left America and Florida, home of Mary, and this fact has certainly highlighted the crisis and led to the end of the report.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 03:50 PM   #4985
country flag nectar69

nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light

I had a feeling Sasha would be the first to say this. It's kind of sad, but hopefully Maria will find a really nice guy. I think it might be good for her to be single for a while. She seems happy, so that's what matters.
nectar69 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 04:20 PM   #4986
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a reliable source at all?
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 06:05 PM   #4987
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
Is this a reliable source at all?
Sasha made statement about his relationship with Maria for Italian newspaper, so all news about their split up comes from his words.
Sasha's judgment is enough for me to believe that their not together.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:11 PM   #4988
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Ben Rothenberg‏@BenRothenberg

Maria Sharapova confirms in press that she and Sasha Vujacic broke up in the spring. #usopen
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:30 PM   #4989
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Ben Rothenberg‏@BenRothenberg

Maria Sharapova confirms in press that she and Sasha Vujacic broke up in the spring. #usopen
That must have been a big relief for her. Now leave her private life alone and talk tennis. I could tell in her on court interview with MJF she was anticipating the question with dread especially the last question. Her face changed when the word Sugarpova instead of Sasha came out of MJF's mouth.

When she got to the presser she was able to gather herself and talk about the reasons for the split. It seems amicable. Now let's move on media people.

Last edited by Advantage Me : Aug 31st, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:33 PM   #4990
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

At least we finally have confirmation. What's most impressive is that the split doesn't seem to have shown in her tennis at all.
swissmr is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:38 PM   #4991
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Matt Cronin @TennisReporters

Sharapova on Vujacic split: 'Was obviously a challenging decision from both of our ends. Was really nice period of time for both of us, but career schedules just made it extremely difficult to see each other with the traveling. Still would love to call him as a friend"

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:50 PM   #4992
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Ok, please don't hate me for saying this, but I'm kinda ok with this. Masha deserves someone better anyway

I think she'll handle it well, she's a strong girl and besides, 25 is too early too get married!

Now she can marry Nole

I'm a hard core shipper of Sharapole
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:54 PM   #4993
country flag Feyd

Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future Feyd has a brilliant future

The press conference is up on USO website. She explained herself nicely with no fuss.
Feyd is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:55 PM   #4994
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Ok, please don't hate me for saying this, but I'm kinda ok with this. Masha deserves someone better anyway
please don't hate me for saying this, but maybe he was the perfect guy for her. I don't think we are in a position to judge how good/bad a relationship of two people we don't know at all are or how good7bad they are for each other.
In the end I want her to be happy and she never seemed too affected by the break up, so I assume they truly split amicably.
Nina. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 09:59 PM   #4995
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
The press conference is up on USO website. She explained herself nicely with no fuss.
Who knows... Maybe the hotel room suffered a few torn pillows this morning when she found out that Sasha broke the news.
Just kidding.
Closed Thread