Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #76
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Well, this was amazing.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #77
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheele View Post
Go laura i knew you could do it.....well hoped you could do it.

(Some people sure have egg on their faces in this topic though.)
Yep. It's delicious and scrambley.

I am not going to let BlueTrees forget this.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #78
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

just reply to the haters with THIS

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #79
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Official stats, for my reference if no one else's: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/s...y9/2206ms.html
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #80
country flag JustAileen

JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light

Well done Laura, unbelievable
JustAileen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #81
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

I truly am speechless about this result and it's the epitome of bittersweet for me. Clijsters is such a great champion and a genuinely lovely woman and I'll be sad to see her go but Laura has finally gotten a HUGE win! While I don't think she will beat Na Li (and TF will go back to hating her), I do think this is the start of her rise.

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #82
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

omg

omg

OMG

I think this really is special for all of us fans. We have etched her on through the highs and the lows, many of us certainly back to 2008 Wimby juniors like JamieOwen said. I think we've also been waiting for her to get a huge win like this against Kim and it'll be a match we'll all remember for some time

Li Na is champion material at the moment and Laura will have to play like she did today to have a chance but if she does then why the hell not, she has the game, we all know

I will miss Kim, i didnt appreciate her part timer attitude this year but you realise how much you miss someone when they're gone and this will be the thing with Kimmy

Congrats Laura, you're AMAZING <3

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #83
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute
Things I would say about the Li match:

1) Li doesn't return nearly as well as Clijsters, so Laura (providing she serves well) should get free points.

2) Li does not handle pressure that well always, especially if it's an AA match, she really didn't play well for most of the match today.

3) Li did not serve that well today, for the part of the match that I saw. Given how well Laura returned today, this would be critical!

BUT:

4) Li does have Carlos on her side, and, although Laura has improved, she still has work to do and has weaknesses that can be exploited by a tactical genius like Carlos (IF Li can execute)

To be honest, I'm just hoping Laura can go out there and play well and get a respectable result. It's a very different situation now, no one really expected her to beat Kim, but now the pressure is different, I'm very interested to see how she handles it, it will say a lot about her!

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #84
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Sidenote: If Laura beats Na, I believe she'll become the new British number 1.

EDIT: Sidenote 2: Interestingly, Robson and Watson have each gotten to the third round of the tournament the other won as a junior this year.

Last edited by KeysisGOAT : Aug 30th, 2012 at 01:43 AM.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #85
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

Finally a biiiig win! Great stuff!
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 06:56 AM   #86
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Sidenote: If Laura beats Na, I believe she'll become the new British number 1.
I'll trust your maths, but I would point out that you're making an undisclosed assumption here--see below for a hint.
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 07:00 AM   #87
country flag Embittered

Kremlinologists (NTCologists) say they're not close, and Laura is the only GB top 9 player she doesn't follow (might have been more if Sam Murray were a twitter user), but Johanna tweeted her congratulations.

https://twitter.com/JoKonta91/status/240947772449255424
Quote:
A huge congrats to @laurarobson5 for her win today! #britishtennis
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #88
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
So happy I've been a fan since I saw her play at that Wimbledon Juniors in 2008 during the end of the QF. Those of us who have been fans since then *or some here even before that to be fair* can really enjoy a win like this more, some people are already hatin and saying here comes the hype blah blah blah KISS MY ASS. Kim is an amazing champion especially at the US Open and Laura played superbly to win this match. to Kim and Good luck vs Li Na Laura.
I'm a fan since she won Wimbledon juniors, I watched the final and loved her game and as well personality in the interview she gave after the match
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #89
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute

Woke up this morning, still can't believe she did it!

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #90
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Best match of the women's draw so far. Not just because Laura won but because I think there was quality and drama throughout.

Feel sorry for those with tickets for the night sessions who've seen very one-sided matches so far. I think with this being late in the day possibly some people had left which is a shame as it would have been nice if it was a bit more full in there. But I was slightly surprised how much vocal support Laura was getting. Thought they'd be very much in favour of Kim but it was quite even.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote