Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 28th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #46
country flag scheele

scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light scheele is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Go laura! Fingers crossed for round 2.
scheele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 28th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #47
country flag nate89

nate89 is just really nice nate89 is just really nice nate89 is just really nice nate89 is just really nice nate89 is just really nice nate89 is just really nice nate89 is just really nice nate89 is just really nice nate89 is just really nice nate89 is just really nice nate89 is just really nice

You can't write Laura off completely. Clijsters didn't win as convincingly as I thought she would last night. Can see Laura taking a set off her.
nate89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #48
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Robson focuses on tennis
"It's a first," she said. "She definitely played like she had no pressure on her. It was an interesting match but I thought I played okay. She's taller than me so she felt older."
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #49
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
You can't write Laura off completely.
I really can.

Laura off completely.

There. Done.
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #50
country flag Embittered

I don't know how they can do the OOP this early, but they have, and Laura is 3rd on AA: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/s...schedule9.html
Quote:
Not Before:3:30 PM This match may be moved to Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Women's Singles - 2nd Round
Edina Gallovits-Hall (ROU)
vs.
Samantha Stosur (AUS)[7]

Show 'em, Laura.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #51
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Laura has a chance out there. 'Embittered' if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it

Last edited by Joe. : Aug 29th, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
Joe. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #52
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

She has a shot, but Kim is the clear favourite.

Laura did well in winning a match she was supposed to win. All you can really ask of her at this stage in her career
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #53
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
Laura has a chance out there. 'Embittered' if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it
You're new to the internet, aren't you? Kim is a better player than Laura, on her best surface and in her last tournament. There is maybe a 1% chance that she loses here, and that's me being generous to Laura.

Honesty is the best policy.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #54
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
You're new to the internet, aren't you? Kim is a better player than Laura, on her best surface and in her last tournament. There is maybe a 1% chance that she loses here, and that's me being generous to Laura.

Honesty is the best policy.
You're too kind.

I'm sorry that my attempt at humour to prick the (what I see as) overoptimism caused offence.

Incidentally, looking at a couple of online bookies, the people who put their money where their mouth is give Laura around an 8% chance today. For what that's worth.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #55
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
You're too kind.

I'm sorry that my attempt at humour to prick the (what I see as) overoptimism caused offence.

Incidentally, looking at a couple of online bookies, the people who put their money where their mouth is give Laura around an 8% chance today. For what that's worth.
I'm sorry that MY attempt at humour was taken so poorly

And I said Laura has a chance, I never stated that she was the favourite
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #56
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute
Can't handle Kim's pace at the moment!

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #57
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute
Much better, got used to clusters pave. I guess now we know why Maria has been hitting with her, parts of that were Kvitova like!

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #58
country flag VikingTennisFan

VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light

Laura wins first set after tiebreak.

She couldn't, could she....?
VikingTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #59
country flag Joe.

Her return is absolutely amazing today, I feel so proud
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #60
country flag Joe.

Hands Clijsters the break with 2 Double Faults....PLEASE DON'T PLAY UP TODAY SERVE