Bombshell: US Open dubs Christina McFail! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #1
country flag SwingVolley93

SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute SwingVolley93 has a reputation beyond repute
Bombshell: US Open dubs Christina McFail!

Was looking on the US open website and came across this: titled an article McFail.
Part me of thinks it's funny and part of me thinks it's rude

http://www.usopen.org/mobile/hi/en_U...207669581.html
SwingVolley93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #2
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of
Re: Bombshell: US Open dubs Christina McFail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingVolley93 View Post
Was looking on the US open website and came across this: titled an article McFail.
Part me of thinks it's funny and part of me thinks it's rude

http://www.usopen.org/mobile/hi/en_U...207669581.html
Oh

Maybe they read TF
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #3
country flag GSMPrzysiezny

GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of

it's one thing to do this on a tennis forum, another in tabloid press, but on usopen.org?
GSMPrzysiezny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #4
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Hilariously tacky.

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #5
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that earlier tonight. It is so rude, but I couldn't figure out who to write to with my complaint. So now they are going to make rude puns out of players' names on an official sight? That's too much.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #6

GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of

http://infernalcontraption.com/clien...ton/wordpress/

Here's the author. What a prick. Someone notify him that he is not as funny as he thinks he is.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #7
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

"comedian"
and his name - McCarton
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #8
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paprotek View Post
http://infernalcontraption.com/clien...ton/wordpress/

Here's the author. What a prick. Someone notify him that he is not as funny as he thinks he is.
And someone notify at least half of TennisForum and tell them they are not as funny as they think they are either.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #9
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of

The truth hurts...As Brad Gilbert and the other commentators said tonight after the match, McFail's ranking is grossly inflated...Anyone with half a brain knows McHale is not a Top player and that her game really has nowhere else to go...They even questioned her ability to do anything more than she has done which is completely correct considering she is losing matches to players like Bertens...I guarantee next year, she will plummet back to a more appropriate ranking...Always good to see McFail lose...Congrats Kiki for taking out the trash
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #10
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

everyone reads tf

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #11
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
And someone notify at least half of TennisForum and tell them they are not as funny as they think they are either.
It may be moronic on my part but I accepted long ago that anonymous internet users tend to be rude and aggressive and I'm sometimes rude myself. I expect media outlets and official websites to have different standards, but it may be so that it is all communicating vessels and that's why we observe tabloidization of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMU30 View Post
The truth hurts...As Brad Gilbert and the other commentators said tonight after the match, McFail's ranking is grossly inflated...Anyone with half a brain knows McHale is not a Top player and that her game really has nowhere else to go...They even questioned her ability to do anything more than she has done which is completely correct considering she is losing matches to players like Bertens...I guarantee next year, she will plummet back to a more appropriate ranking...Always good to see McFail lose...Congrats Kiki for taking out the trash
It's one thing to have an opinion that someone's ranking is "grossly inflated". Subjecting someone's name to rude puns on the tournament's official website is another.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #13
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

They've changed the headline. Obviously, they had some complaints, as a comment below the article seems to acknowledge. I cannot even believe anyone thought that was appropriate at all. But, thankfully, it has changed. Too bad Christina is out now, though.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #14
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

God, I hope someone screenshot that.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #15
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

WTF
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote