Help me, got forcefed double bagel - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 28th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #1
country flag toxina90

toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute
Help me, got forcefed double bagel

Right I'll start with saying I need to play quite regularly to be comfortable with my game and form, but my final year of Uni has been so hectic I've barely been able to play.

Anyways, I've played once or twice this year and actually won recently quite well 6-4 6-3 or something but before I got crushed. I can forgive myself for not having played against him before, and he says he plays regularly, and goes to play home tournaments at weekends where he's champion in doubles league or something...

Fair enough I've not played since June, but I was so disappointed. My feet felt flat, starting blistering straight away, I double-faulted plenty, my forehand was nowhere...and my weapon the backhand just wasn't consistent.

Although I was happy with 4 or 5 great shots down the line I managed, I managed to fight to deuce a few times but just couldn't hold, and his first serve was too strong most of the time.

So basically I'm a bit of a headcase when players get into my head and I'm worried in our rematch I won't win a game again...does anyone have any advice for me?

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Wickmayer~Peer
toxina90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #2
country flag JeMa

JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of
Re: Help me, got forcefed double bagel

Try to get in a few other games before you play him again. You are rusty and you need some practice. Sounds like you just made a lot of UEs and when you've played more it shouldn't be that way the next time.

Being that you got to deuce a few times is promising - you can win points off him but why aren't you winning the big points? You have to learn how to play the score and not just win a point. Did you have game or break points before the deuce or where you always behind, clawing you way to deuce?

What was your shot selection like? Were you going for high % shots or low ones. When off your game you have to go back to basics. Never mind the trick shots.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #3
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Do A Cohen And Moonball Your Way To A Win!
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #4
country flag toxina90

toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeMa View Post
Try to get in a few other games before you play him again. You are rusty and you need some practice. Sounds like you just made a lot of UEs and when you've played more it shouldn't be that way the next time.

Being that you got to deuce a few times is promising - you can win points off him but why aren't you winning the big points? You have to learn how to play the score and not just win a point. Did you have game or break points before the deuce or where you always behind, clawing you way to deuce?

What was your shot selection like? Were you going for high % shots or low ones. When off your game you have to go back to basics. Never mind the trick shots.
Yes despite being out of the game with a while, I was happy I got to deuce a number of times (more on his serve, which is stronger than mine) but less on my own serve. I was trying to go down the line a few times out of frustration with the scoreline but am happy with some of the shots I hit.

I have found in the past, onece I get that first game, and the serve is going in, the rest of my game flows and I play with confidence. This time I guess out of rust, and his greater experience, I failed to get past this first hurdle.

I had a number of break points, and almost won one in a game where I was so angry I just smacked 2 or 3 winners in a row off his return, but when it came to the point I just missed and fell apart again.

Needless to say I've not played him since, he works alot, and I guess he doesn't think I'm worth a challenge again

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #5
country flag fast lefty

fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all

Just have faith in your own ability and play to your strengths not your opponents.
fast lefty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #6
country flag lenusu

lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice lenusu is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast lefty View Post
Just have faith in your own ability and play to your strengths not your opponents.
I agree that faith can give you success.
lenusu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #7
country flag toxina90

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast lefty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenusu View Post
I agree that faith can give you success.
Thank you, I have a new opponent on Tuesday. Aiming to get 1 game baby steps

Old Oct 16th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #8
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

I've been bageled so many times

You'll get used to it
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #9
country flag toxina90

So about 3 months since my last match I finally played again, and have improved

This time I faced another guy, even older and stronger, and won 2 games.

The amount of 40-30 leads I blew, and easy put aways, and shanks I produced after finally getting into rallies after deflecting his huge serve is too depressing to repeat.

Also my backhand which is supposed to be my weapon wouldn't hit through, and I'd end up smacking it straight into the net...and my forehand was generally abysmal.

Sadly I'm booked to play the same guy again on Wednesday, I would just love to make it competitive, but after so long out I'm finding it too difficult. My mind knows I can, but my body won't let me. There were a few times where I had him on the run and stuff but I just hit too many errors...

I suppose my next strategy will be to try and keep the ball in hitting up the middle, and go for nothing, this is what I am reduced too so out of form