Jane Lane Lurks at USO 2K12 (Day 2 DRAMZ: Mona & Bojana, Fangirling & Agi :( ) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #16
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jane Lane Lurks at USO 2K12

Please get a pic of Elina Svitolina and have fun Jane Lane

Old Aug 28th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #17
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute
Jane Lane Lurks at USO 2K12 (Day 1 DRAMZ: Mandy pukes, MBWWI: LDL vs. Sesil & LYNN!)

So the rain kind of fucked around with my life today. All the matches I wanted to see ended up on at the same time, and Vika got on too late.

Started off with Mandy & Olivia on Court 15. On my way there, a wild Lucie appeared!

She and her coach were talking a mile a minute and then Lucie walked off and left her coach with her bag . I didn't wanna be such a creeper, so it's a little far away.

Mandy was cruising early, so I went to Ashe to stalk Eva pretend to care about watch the defending champion. But I was in the nosebleeds, so say hello to the ants on Ashe!

Then the rain came, and I hid under the Chase tent for like two hours. After the rain, I saw Mandy and Olivia were going to a third set so I went and took a seat over there. That's when things got cray. So Mandy had these guys rooting for her, dancing and cheering every time she won a point. And then were very respectful, didn't cheer Olivia's UEs or yell during the points. They were awesome. I wish they were my friends.

So then these little bints came over and kept trying to cheer for Olivia purely because they thought Mandy's guys were annoying. Tried Oli-via! Failed. Tried Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi! Failed. So then they mocked Mandy grunt, which legit, when I tell you it wasn't even a grunt, it wasn't even anything. They irritated me and thought AUS was Austria, and didn't know where Luxembourg was. They irritated Mandy too, because they were hanging on the gate so after Mandy held for 41* she fist pumped and Allez'ed in their general direction.

Fast forward to when Mandy served for the match, and on MP after a long rally Olivia hit a forehand swing volley winner for deuce. Then Mandy goes into the shady corner, and pukes. Just starts dry heaving on the court. Think back to Flavia vs. Peng at USO2K11. I was also there for that. Maybe it's me. I don't know. It was hot as balls out there, and they were having really long rallies. So Olivia is confused, and Mandy is even more confused and wants to keep playing. The chair told her it's in the rule she had to call the trainer to come clean it, and Mandy's like "Well, do I have to sit? I don't understand..." So they sat down for a bit until the trainer came, cleaned it and we continued. Mandy saved BP with a serve winner, hit an ace with a huge ALLEZ for MP, it was epic. The umpire got confused and called GSM but corrected herself right away. Rogowska hit a BH wide to end it. They shook hands and Rogowska couldn't get off the court fast enough. I looked down for two seconds and she was gone. Mandy then ran over and proceeded to high five the cool Luxembourg pride dudes. She signed a bunch of autographs too, she's a sweetie.

So I wanted to try to take a pic with Mandy if I could after the match because SHE WALKED RIGHT BY ME. But she looked like just wanted to get back to the locker room so I just yelled at her "Mandy, you were awesome!" and she turned and smiled and said thank you.

Then I got a soda. This is important because then I heard something. Monotones floating through the air. I followed the sound and lo and behold:

Fret not, umpire lovers everywhere. LYNN WELCH IS NOT RETIRED. She was on Petko's court.

Watched Petko drop the first set, and took this awesome pic of her running.

Also got one of Halep.

And Benesova.

Then I went over to Moonball World War I aka, Karatantcheva vs. Dominguez Lino. Sesil was crushing forehands. It was weird. It was her backhand that was failing her. Also weird. LDL actually wasn't moonballing for a while, but then she remembered who she was. There was also a crying baby and Sesil was not amused. Sesil had a lot of chances in the match to be honest, but it turned around at *44 when they had this epic rally. Sesil got moonballed, hit a behind-the-back forehand lob on the baseline, LDL hit a dropshot, Sesil ran up and slide for an even better BH dropshot and then LDL passed her with a ripped forehand. Like, I didn't even know she could hit it that hard. That saved game point and then Sesil got broken for 45*. Better forehand moonball form? I'll let you decide.

This was on court 8 and the most random trio in all of tennis was watching Sesil. Vera Dushevina, Su-Wei Hsieh and Julia Glushko. Dushevina and Su-Wei went on 9 to practice. Heard them chatting & Dushevina's English is really, really good. Didn't expect that. She IS good at something, you guys. She looked decent actually. Then I remembered she's lost to Cohen, Arn, Feuerstein, Mladenovic and Cabeza Candela this year.

For my last match of the day, I went over to Grandstand to watch Petra & Polona. Polona tried to fly. Didn't work.

Doing it all again tomorrow!

Last edited by Jane Lane : Aug 28th, 2012 at 04:36 AM.
Jane Lane is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #18
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jane Lane Lurks at USO 2K12 (Day 1 DRAMZ: Mandy pukes, MBWWI: LDL vs. Sesil & LYN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post

Then I got a soda. This is important because then I heard something. Monotones floating through the air. I followed the sound and lo and behold:

Fret not, umpire lovers everywhere. LYNN WELCH IS NOT RETIRED. She was on Petko's court.

Watched Petko drop the first set, and took this awesome pic of her running.

Also got one of Halep.
[IMG]http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/tennischica/USO%202012/DSC03547.jpg?t=134612688MG]

And Benesova.

Perfect shot

Old Aug 28th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #19
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jane Lane Lurks at USO 2K12 (Day 1 DRAMZ: Mandy pukes, MBWWI: LDL vs. Sesil & LYN

A great write-up! Are you planning on stopping at Hlavackova's match today?

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #20
country flag Rest Maria!

Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute

You're no saul1333
Rest Maria! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #21
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
You're no saul1333
I have a Canon Powershot. I do what I can.
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #22
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

So then these little bints came over and kept trying to cheer for Olivia purely because they thought Mandy's guys were annoying. Tried Oli-via! Failed. Tried Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi! Failed. So then they mocked Mandy grunt, which legit, when I tell you it wasn't even a grunt, it wasn't even anything. They irritated me and thought AUS was Austria, and didn't know where Luxembourg was. They irritated Mandy too, because they were hanging on the gate so after Mandy held for 41* she fist pumped and Allez'ed in their general direction.

wow seriously Aussies?

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #23
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
So the rain kind of fucked around with my life today. All the matches I wanted to see ended up on at the same time, and Vika got on too late.

Started off with Mandy & Olivia on Court 15. On my way there, a wild Lucie appeared!

She and her coach were talking a mile a minute and then Lucie walked off and left her coach with her bag . I didn't wanna be such a creeper, so it's a little far away.

Mandy was cruising early, so I went to Ashe to stalk Eva pretend to care about watch the defending champion. But I was in the nosebleeds, so say hello to the ants on Ashe!

Then the rain came, and I hid under the Chase tent for like two hours. After the rain, I saw Mandy and Olivia were going to a third set so I went and took a seat over there. That's when things got cray. So Mandy had these guys rooting for her, dancing and cheering every time she won a point. And then were very respectful, didn't cheer Olivia's UEs or yell during the points. They were awesome. I wish they were my friends.

Fast forward to when Mandy served for the match, and on MP after a long rally Olivia hit a forehand swing volley winner for deuce. Then Mandy goes into the shady corner, and pukes. Just starts dry heaving on the court. Think back to Flavia vs. Peng at USO2K11. I was also there for that. Maybe it's me. I don't know. It was hot as balls out there, and they were having really long rallies. So Olivia is confused, and Mandy is even more confused and wants to keep playing. The chair told her it's in the rule she had to call the trainer to come clean it, and Mandy's like "Well, do I have to sit? I don't understand..." So they sat down for a bit until the trainer came, cleaned it and we continued. Mandy saved BP with a serve winner, hit an ace with a huge ALLEZ for MP, it was epic. The umpire got confused and called GSM but corrected herself right away. Rogowska hit a BH wide to end it. They shook hands and Rogowska couldn't get off the court fast enough. I looked down for two seconds and she was gone. Mandy then ran over and proceeded to high five the cool Luxembourg pride dudes. She signed a bunch of autographs too, she's a sweetie.

So I wanted to try to take a pic with Mandy if I could after the match because SHE WALKED RIGHT BY ME. But she looked like just wanted to get back to the locker room so I just yelled at her "Mandy, you were awesome!" and she turned and smiled and said thank you.
Great report This is why one of the reasons I love Mandy I wish I was there, I would've mixed in right away with those Luxembourg guys I missed my chance at AO, although she didn't win though.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #24
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the pics and report its great, Lynne I love Lynne sightings
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #25
country flag Jane Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post

wow seriously Aussies?
I don't even think they were Australian, tbh.
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #26
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

That was a joy to read, thanks! Looking forward to more (especially Vika obviously )
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #27
country flag kris719

kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute

the minella/rogowska match was great, I too wish those mandy fans were my friends. I remember seeing them a couple years ago when she was playing pironkova. my fav part was when the umpire called game, set, match one point early

Quebec City 2012
kris719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #28
country flag Jane Lane

So before I say anything can I just mention that I MET EVA TODAY AND OMG SHE WAS SO NICE and I fangirled and asked her to take a picture and she did and I flipped multiple shits on my not-blog twitter yeah so basically my life has been completed kthnxbai.

This was a run-on sentence.

Anywaaaaaaaaay, on to the tennis!

So we started the day on Court 6 with the all-Czech derby of Zakopalova and Hlavackova. Which is where I stalked Eva

Klara was having a lot of difficulty dealing with Andrea's flat, skidding balls in the first set. Hit a lot of balls into the bottom of the net. She basically complained about everything, from the wind, to the sun and the heat.

Second set was much higher quality, Klara starting slapping some IDGAF winners but overall, Andrea was more steady and consistent. Bombed a few return winners of her own and some aces too.

Next I moved on to Bojana and Mona out on court 14. Whichever moron decided that scheduling Harrison brothers doubles on 15 at the same time as this match was a good idea needs fired because it wasn't. People were standing on bleacher seating on 14 looking over to 15. It was hazardous tbh. Anyway, when I got over there Bojana was down *52 in the first set and I had NO IDEA what I was in for. Mona then proceeded to hit three of the WORST DFs I have even seen in my life to hand one break back. She missed the court by miles. Served out flawlessly the second time though.

You guys, they were KILLING the ball. Honestly, if more people knew who they were, this match deserved to be on a show court. Crazy long rallies in the midday heat, it was ridiculous. Mona had no idea how to put away a volley for the amount of time she lead in this match; she gave Bojana ENDLESS chances to just run things down. About midway through, Mona complained to the umpire about the amount of times Bojana was bouncing the ball before she served. I kept track, and she averaged about 7-9. I've seen MUCH worse.

Serving to stay in the set again at *56, Mona kind of started struggling physically. At one point after saving SP, she walked to the shade in the back and just stood there with her head down pressed up against the fence for a good minute or so. Really long game, with her having multiple GPs and Bojana having multiple SPs. Bojana finally won the set with a ripped BH return winner.

Came back in the middle of the third set, and Bojana broke for *42. The game she served then last at least 15 minutes. I've honestly never seen her scrap and fight so hard, it was awesome. It was one of those matches where you hate that someone has to lose, and the fact the Mona and Paolo Lorenzi get the same prize money just doesn't seem right. She deserved a hell of a lot more.

Saw Babos waste 10 set points in the second set. Every. Single. One.

It has to be said, Konta played really well.

Didn't get a chance to watch much of this one, because the court was JAMMED. Only passed by for pics. GOATmila didn't GOAT.

Tsveti was pretty.

Watched the second set of JJ-Katya. Wilson tried the Annie look with Katya. Failure. Her forehand was dreadful. I know she never had one to begin with, but it was awful. So I took pics of her hitting pretty BHs instead.

Jelena actually looked like a tennis player. She shanked a forehand one time and then proceeded to yell AT the wind. Like actually at it.

Watched the TB of Errani-Muguruza, but I know that was on a TV court so I'll skip that. From courtside, Garbine absolutely cracks the ball. Except nothing goes in. Or over the end.

Ended the day at the all-Hungarian derby of Agi and Greta. I could only watch the first few games and Agi looked pretty god out there. Her BH was as good as ever, was dictating in most of the rallies. Her serve looked okay too. I left when she was up 43* because I had to go home, and then I saw she retired . I don't know why.

Will be back with grounds passes on the weekend you crazy kids.

Last edited by Jane Lane : Aug 29th, 2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:14 AM   #29
country flag Melange

Re: Jane Lane Lurks at USO 2K12 (Day 2 DRAMZ: Mona & Bojana, Fangirling & Agi :( )

No pics of Svitolina?
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #30
country flag Jane Lane

Re: Jane Lane Lurks at USO 2K12 (Day 2 DRAMZ: Mona & Bojana, Fangirling & Agi :( )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
No pics of Svitolina?
I couldn't get to Grandstand in time and by the time I realized it was already over.