Nicole Gibbs - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 06:00 PM   #46
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Nicole Gibbs

I think it'd be tough for her to play Australia. Unfortunately, Stanford winter quarter runs from January right after New Years until mid-March. Someone on a semester schedule would be better able to do it.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 03:20 PM   #47
country flag erschloy214

erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all

Who do you think has the most potential of Gibbs, Burdette, or Sanchez?
erschloy214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #48
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Gibbs draws No. 48 Cornet in 1R of US Open main draw. Kvitova, her New Haven 2R opponent, is likely 2R opponent here as well.
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #49
country flag NYKiriFan

And in the doubles draw, Nicole & Mallory get another unseeded wild card team, some team of sisters that I heard won a couple titles on grass this year.
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #50
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
And in the doubles draw, Nicole & Mallory get another unseeded wild card team, some team of sisters that I heard won a couple titles on grass this year.
nice try I thought it was the Pliskova sisters..then I looked up the draw.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 07:01 AM   #51
country flag NYKiriFan

Gibbs falls to Cornet in straight sets. She had two set points in the first set.

(Source: @ProPelicanTweet)
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #52
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

Nicole is in the Main Draw for the $75,000+H in Toyota, Japan
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #53
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. View Post
Nicole is in the Main Draw for the $75,000+H in Toyota, Japan
A big run there might get her into AO Qualifying.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:38 AM   #54
country flag DennisPostedThis

DennisPostedThis has much to be proud of DennisPostedThis has much to be proud of DennisPostedThis has much to be proud of DennisPostedThis has much to be proud of DennisPostedThis has much to be proud of DennisPostedThis has much to be proud of DennisPostedThis has much to be proud of DennisPostedThis has much to be proud of DennisPostedThis has much to be proud of DennisPostedThis has much to be proud of DennisPostedThis has much to be proud of
A decent run this week, but upended by the vet Tanasugarn.
DennisPostedThis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:42 AM   #55
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be a close call with Nicole making the AO Q's. She won a rd this week ( 16 pts ) at the Toyota 75k. So, her ranking jumped to #226. That's usually around the cut off ranking for the Q's...it's gonna be very close
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #56
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Well losing to last year's champion in the 2nd round, might not give her enough points.

However, considering that she is reigning NCAA champion and given her points accumulated with limited number of tournaments, I would hope that the AO organizers would grant her a WC as a qualifier.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #57
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Well losing to last year's champion in the 2nd round, might not give her enough points.

However, considering that she is reigning NCAA champion and given her points accumulated with limited number of tournaments, I would hope that the AO organizers would grant her a WC as a qualifier.
Delusional.
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #58
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw her play Kvitova in New Haven and she really impressed me

Cant wait for her 2013 season!!
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #59
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Nicole's ranking is currently up to #222 . Even though the official Q-list isn't out for a couple weeks, she's almost 100% assured a spot in the draw Lets hope she makes the trip!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #60
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Nicole's ranking is currently up to #222 . Even though the official Q-list isn't out for a couple weeks, she's almost 100% assured a spot in the draw Lets hope she makes the trip!
It's actually going to be pretty close. The cutoff, if I recall, has been getting higher and higher every year. It was like 215 or something last year?

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote