Donna Vekic - Page 129 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #1921
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

I'm really sad for this outcome after that great start. Edina's experience paid off, she was capable to do what Sirotkina and Pliskova couldn't.
But anyway, I can't be upset with Donna, she's been fabulous this week. I'm proud to be her fan
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #1922
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

ouch, just back from the bank and she got bagelled
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #1923
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
If she qualifies to the main draw, which is still very far to accomplish, I'm so going to have Donna in my very first tennis-forum avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
We won't see Donna avatar on your profile.
You know what, I'm still very proud of Donna, so I'll do it anyways.
Someone would recommend a nice picture with her?
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #1924
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

I was afraid that she will not be ready for this. Just remember Kuala Lumpur...when she said she wasn't ready for first WTA win. Oh, well, still amazing, amazing tournament for Donna! I really hope she keeps this level for junior event!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #1925
country flag Dan_Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
I was afraid that she will not be ready for this. Just remember Kuala Lumpur...when she said she wasn't ready for first WTA win. Oh, well, still amazing, amazing tournament for Donna! I really hope she keeps this level for junior event!
She's not playing the junior event.
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #1926
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all

sorry for the jinx guys What's her next tournament?
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #1927
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

She's playing something the week after the us open. it's a wta...can't remember what
I left my computer at 6-2 2-0 and came back to a disaster. she must have choked up terrible. it's a learning experience though. won't happen in australia
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #1928
country flag Dan_Doe

She's playing Tashkent, in the 10-16 september week.
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #1929
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
She's not playing the junior event.
Ohh...I thought she will. Umm, does this mean she is over with juniors forever?
Hele. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #1930
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Still a great week
I think she might have gotten very tired and by the end hit many unforced errors due to Gallovits-Hall being very consistent

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 06:08 AM   #1931
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
Umm, does this mean she is over with juniors forever?
I'm pretty sure that's the case. According to some sources her coach wanted her to play the pro event already in Wimbledon, but she insisted to play one more junior event.

Anyway, wow, what to say after yesterday's result. Definately a great tournament for Donna, but this one's gonna hurt. Real bad. Sure, she'll put on a happy face for the public and say that she's happy with the outcome altogether, but believe me that she'll need a lot of time to get over this.

What's encouraging is that she is already capable of playing at a great level for many larger events, like Tashkent - if she's able to produce this kind of form there, she could do really good. She can definately learn a lot from this tournament and I hope there is a lesson or two that she picked up. If nothing else, she showed herself (and everyone else) that she can beat really solid players on very big events, which is invaluable in itself. I would dare to say that she reached a whole other level this time around.

Really looking forward to her future events, her future definately seems bright. She just has to make sure not to lose focus, cause hard work is definately starting to pay off.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #1932
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

If she qualified she would've played another qualifier, Stefanie Voegele, in the first round.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #1933
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
She's playing something the week after the us open. it's a wta...can't remember what
I left my computer at 6-2 2-0 and came back to a disaster. she must have choked up terrible. it's a learning experience though. won't happen in australia
who knows.. ajla choked the same way all the time, never learned.
it's just not a good sign.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #1934
country flag Dan_Doe

Donna's facebook:

Quote:
Yes, I'm disappointed. Had the match in my pocket... but lost, 6-2 4-6 0-6. What's clear is my game is getting better and better .... and in the near future i'll win these matches! I felt all your support playing in NYC - thanks!
Good attitude, I think.
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #1935
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Hope they realize this is not only the result of her game - her thought patterns and on-court attitude need more tuning.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread