** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 330 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 03:49 PM   #4936
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

http://www.luckymag.com/blogs/luckyr...a-Candy-Launch
Quote:
Maria Sharapova Talks Style and Sweets at her Sugarpova Candy Launch
As the current No. 3-ranked tennis player on the planet and a 6'2 knockout, Maria Sharapova would have good reason to let her whole life revolve around her chosen sport and the endorsements that have followed. But the 25-year-old, who recently made our Most Stylish Athletes list, is always in search of a new challenge—whether on- or off-court. She's got ongoing design contracts with both Cole Haan and Nike. And yesterday, she launched her latest project, a candy collection adorably titled Sugarpova. The line's comprised of 12 different varieties of colorful sweets—some shaped like tennis balls, others like tiny stilettos and handbags. And while a candy brand might seem an odd endeavor for an athlete, it turns out that sugar and sports have long been linked for this particular superstar. I met up with Maria at Sugarpova's NYC launch to get the scoop.
Lucky: What's your earliest candy-related memory, and why'd you decide to create Sugarpova in the first place?
Maria Sharapova: When I was little, I'd ask my parents for a lollipop after tennis practice—Chupa Chups were my favorite! And they were rare in Russia, so you'd have to go to a certain place to get them—you couldn't find them everywhere. So after a great practice, I'd always ask my mom for a lollipop. I've always viewed it like that—if I work out, have a good practice, or achieve something I wanted to achieve, I treat myself, whether it's with candy or food, or...I mean, for me it's usually food or candy! [laughs]
I'm obsessed with the lips logo you chose. How'd you come up with that?
Well, I've always loved lips—this ring, which I've had for forever, has little lips on it! I have so much jewelry that has lip images—and not that I'd wear it all at once, of course, but I've always thought there was something interesting about that image. It's playful and fun. I wanted the shapes and the forms of the candy itself to be really playful, too—there are worms, and spiders, and these little licorice bits that don't even taste like actual licorice...
And those little tennis ball gumballs are adorable.
I know, I love how those came out. I mean, when you mass-produce something like candy, when there are thousands and thousands of each item going into bags, it's easy to lose quality. And quality was something that was really important to me—I blind-tested gummy bears, went to the factory in Spain for production, everything!
Let's talk fashion for a bit. What's your personal style like when you're off-court?
My style's literally about living out of a suitcase. Everything in my suitcase has to work together. I love layering, since I am always on a plane—and whenever I shop, I look for materials that won't wrinkle. Like I love silk, but I usually only travel with one or two silk blouses. Because with every city I go to, I have to pack and unpack them, and iron them. I love Isabel Marant and the fabrics she uses. Her sweaters are great. Phillip Lim's pants are great. And I love Rick Owens' long skirts and pants, too.
You've got ongoing design contracts with both Nike and Cole Haan. What's your process like in terms of dreaming up new tennis dresses and accessories?
I'm so inspired by traveling. I love street style, and it's something I really appreciate it during my travels. I like to really visualize how girls carry their accessories and carry themselves. I've played sports since I was a young girl, so I feel like when I come into a fit meeting, I am knowledgeable about that kind of thing. Over the years—in gyms and classes, and on tennis courts—I've seen so many people, and not just professionals, play. I always study that—are most of them wearing skirts? Do they like tank tops or long sleeves? I do my research, because that's important to me—what people actually need and want, and what feels good. We're not making couture here!
You're a tall girl, to say the least. When it comes to dressing yourself, how do you overcome the fit issues that go along with having a 6'2 frame?
Tailoring is the most important thing—for everyone, but especially for tall girls. I think if you can spend your money on good tailoring, it can take you really far. But don't get an item knowing it needs to be altered—just don't buy it! I love high-waisted pants because they slim and elongate you. Tops are a problem for me—finding t-shirts that are long enough. So many times, you wash them and then they shrink! So I usually buy them on the bigger side. I actually like them to be a little looser—you can tuck them in in the front, and leave them out in the back, which looks really good.
And I know you're a big fan of the ballet flat, shoe-wise. You designed a really good pair for your Cole Haan collection...
Oh, I love them! That was a no-brainer for me. When I started working with Cole Haan, I brought in so many images of ballerinas and ballet. And I was like, "I know what they're doing looks extremely uncomfortable, but I want to have a ballerina flat that's comfortable." Since I'm always on the go, those can take me from an important meeting to a more casual dinner. They've been doing so well!
Would you ever consider launching your own ready-to-wear collection? One that's not necessarily geared toward sports?
You know, maybe when I have time! I love seeing things start from an idea and come to life. That's been my favorite thing about all the collections I've done so far. I'm fascinated by that process. So yes, I'd love to.
When it comes to your beauty regimen, you have to choose products that'll work during your workouts, which I'm sure can be challenging. What do you usually use?
Sunscreen's so important, obviously—I use a Kiehl's suncreen on my face, and a Kanebo one—it's this Japanese brand—for my body. As far as makeup, it's a lot of Kanebo—I love their concealer pen. I use Lancôme mascara, and then this moisturizer from a brand called Glimpse, which not many people have heard of.
Give us a taste of your late-summer playlist.
It totally depends on how I'm feeling. I've been listening to a lot of Florence + The Machine—so good—and I went through an Adele phase recently too. U2 always gets me going. I'm a little all over the map!
Thanks so much, Maria. Will we be seeing you at Fashion Week? I know you've got a busy month ahead, what with the US Open...
It depends on my schedule—I always do things so last-minute! I'm always like, "Oh, you have a seat for me? OK, great!"
AnaIvanovic (breakin my heart all the time), Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Safina, Makiri, Vika, Schiavone (proud of her fighting spirit), W sisters, Petko, Goerges, Alex Krunic (counting on you 2)
ROGER FEDERER,RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 03:50 PM   #4937
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/not_...QdI9NunKjQ27xO
Quote:
Maria Sharapova, just back from the Olympics and prepping for the US Open, has launched a candy line, Sugarpova. But she tells us she isn’t planning a wedding — yet. The tennis star, who’s engaged to basketball player Sasha Vujacic, shot down reports she’ll wed in the fall. “Those are false rumors,” she told us at an event for her Hamptons magazine cover at the Sanctuary Hotel’s Haven Rooftop. “I don’t know where that came from. I think it started as a rumor, and everyone just went on with it.”
AnaIvanovic (breakin my heart all the time), Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Safina, Makiri, Vika, Schiavone (proud of her fighting spirit), W sisters, Petko, Goerges, Alex Krunic (counting on you 2)
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 03:51 PM   #4938
country flag MM_1257

Interview for Euosport RU http://www.eurosport.ru/tennis/us-op...o2917649.shtml
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 07:34 PM   #4939
country flag Sebastian222
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all

Thank you Maja for keeping us updated
Sebastian222 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 07:42 PM   #4940
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
it is old, from August 2011
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:36 PM   #4941
country flag MM_1257

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
it is old, from August 2011
I know, I realized it when I read it, but it is a nice one, I like it. So a repetition cannot hurt. Can it? I can delete the link...
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:42 PM   #4942
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Quote:
I know, I realized it when I read it, but it is a nice one, I like it. So a repetition cannot hurt. Can it? I can delete the link...
It's ok, Maja. I love reading old articles as long as we know the date published. McEnroe is a gay dog? Too funny. What did she really mean when spoken in Russian?
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:47 PM   #4943
country flag MM_1257

No, no... The original was in English imo... Let me find it.. I cannot find it now.. If I am not mistaken, the quotes are taken from pressers... or pre tournament pressers... but maybe it was an article... I remember having read all those quotes before... And no "gay dog" (grrrr Google translate), she said he is a good entertainer...

And look what I have found... Have you guys seen this?? http://siberiantimes.com/sport/other...er-goosebumps/

Last edited by MM_1257 : Aug 23rd, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:21 PM   #4944
country flag Sebastian222
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all

Quote:
And look what I have found... Have you guys seen this?? http://siberiantimes.com/sport/other...er-goosebumps/
Great! Wonderful! Especially the pics! Thanks!
Sebastian222 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:28 PM   #4945
country flag zmejche

zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
No, no... The original was in English imo... Let me find it.. I cannot find it now.. If I am not mistaken, the quotes are taken from pressers... or pre tournament pressers... but maybe it was an article... I remember having read all those quotes before... And no "gay dog" (grrrr Google translate), she said he is a good entertainer...

OMG! Thanks a lot!
Have you noticed how much Maria reminds of her grandmother? Just look at the last picture.
zmejche is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:48 PM   #4946
country flag MM_1257

I keep wondering what her ethnic roots are... Not that it is important or anything, I just want to know... Curious... In Belarus, in the last census around 8% declared themselves as Russians... In the past there were more. I know that in the Gomel region, where her grandparents used to live, there are Russian communities... The Russian and Belarussian press have never cleared that out.. they keep having "mini wars" with "her fathers grandma said she is Belarussian" "others said this and that" and the usual stuff, I assume you know what I am talking about - each country wants her to be "theirs"... I did a little browsing on the last name Sharapova... It has Siberian origin, and might be even related to Tatars or to trades with them (the word "sharap" still exists in Turkish and means wine)... So who knows... She may ethnically be Russian or Belarussian... In the chat in Stuttgart a fan asked her, why do you say you are Russian when your parents are from Gomel... And she said because she was born in Russia... She feels Russian... I kind of have a feeling that there must be a reason for it...
Pardon for my blabbering... Just wanted to spill out my thoughts...
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:00 PM   #4947
country flag Qetusi

Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of

Quote:
OMG , little Masha
thank you Maja
Qetusi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:50 PM   #4948
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Quote:
That was a great find, Maja!! Love the baby photos and 4year old Maria. So cute! So now we can put a face to the grandmother she talks about.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 11:39 PM   #4949
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

darren rovell‏@darrenrovell

Maria Sharapova’s Sugarpova brand sold more than 20,000 bags of its candy in the 1st 3 days.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 11:53 PM   #4950
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

^^
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread