Anett Kontaveit - Page 73 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #1081
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett will be 2nd seed for this tournament after Kukharchuk pulled out, which IMO is a bad thing as she could now draw zacarias in the semis It could be a good thing though as she may not have to face a Top 1000 player until the final, as the 4th seed is ranked 1008 If Anett doesn't win this or at least make the final and lose to Zacarias

There is a facebook page for the tournament:
http://www.facebook.com/torneointern...detenisfemenil
Next year it will be promoted to 15K but lets hope Anett won't have to play that again

Even more importantly, because Anett is a top 2 seed, unless 2 random WCs are given, she will receive a BYE first round as only 30 players have entered

Last edited by chingching : Aug 18th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #1082
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett's draw has been released, at is the hardest it could have been, but still so easy

(1)Elizabeth Ferris (USA) v BYE
Julie Tringa (FRA) v Sofia Macias Mendoza (MEX)
Danielle Mills (USA) v (wc)Priscilla Medlich Leal (MEX)
(5)Rosalia Alda (USA) v Ashley Murdock (USA)

(4)Erin Clark (USA) v BYE
(wc)Victoria Rodriguez (MEX) v Esthefhanie-Darehly Juarez-Rojo (MEX)
Emily Fanning (NZL) v Daniella Daniel (GEO)
(8)Sarahi Garcia Carrera (MEX) v Tanya Samodelok (RUS)

(7)Jessica Lawrence (USA) v Denise Muresan (USA)
Zorayma Arreola (MEX) v (wc)Alejandra Cisneros (MEX)
Nour Azzouz (EGY) v Julia Browne (USA)
(3)Marcela Zacarias (MEX) v BYE

(6)Robyn Beddow (GBR) v Casey Robinson (USA)
Vivian Mayumi Toma (BRA) v Angelina Zhuravleva (RUS)
Ryann Foster (USA) v (wc)Antonella Bramato (MEX)
(2)Anett Kontaveit (EST) v BYE

She plays the winner of 16 Year Old Ryann Foster, who has a ranking and some rando Mexican WC
She then could face 6th seed Robyn Beddow of GBR but she hasn't really achieved anything
The biggest worry is Zacarias who has beaten Rezai and Hogenkamp but I think Anett can win
If she beats Zacarias, there will be no question of who wins the final

Also, Anett is playing doubles It is with Emily Fannng of New Zealand and they have some random Mexicans first round. If they manage to win, in the second round they have the second seeds, although neither of them are in the Top 1000
No one of note to stop them until the finals IMO

It is genuinely embarrassing how weak this draw is I think the worst I have ever seen, or if not very close

BTW BlueTrees, here is the source for Anett's picture

And here is another

Last edited by chingching : Aug 20th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 07:47 AM   #1083
country flag chingching

Anett won doubles 6-2 6-0
There are only 2 doubles teams with a ranking
If Anett can win her next match then I expect her to make the final in doubles
Now she has Ryann Foster in Singles who just got past 200 and something ranked Mexican Junior 7-6(4) 3-6 6-4
A QF in singles and doubles is almost guarenteed
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:17 PM   #1084
country flag chingching

Anett got through 6-2 6-2
I hope she gets better because IMO that is not one-sided enough
Anyway, next round she has either Zhuravleva or Robinson
Her doubles second round hasn't been played yet but I hope she can make the semis
The Facebook page has added some pictures but none of her yet
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 03:16 PM   #1085
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

It is a bit frustrating to see that her junior companions Vekic, Khromacheva and Putintseva are playing USO qualies when Anett is playing some über-weak 10k in Mexico
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:38 PM   #1086
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
It is a bit frustrating to see that her junior companions Vekic, Khromacheva and Putintseva are playing USO qualies when Anett is playing some über-weak 10k in Mexico
True, but when you see Kghromacheva and Putintseva losing first round, maybe it is less saddening
She will put them back in their place next week

What do you think her goals should be for next year
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM   #1087
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

not a bad thing stay in the juniors for a while, but 13 will be the final year Anett could play juniors, not sure good for her or not, pro tour would be totally different, time flies
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #1088
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
True, but when you see Kghromacheva and Putintseva losing first round, maybe it is less saddening
She will put them back in their place next week
So bitter

Anyways why is she playing a 10k?
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #1089
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
So bitter

I like these girls, but I would rather they lose convincingly than Anett does
I didn't mean that they are bad players, I just think that when Anett gets to play them that she will prove that she is much closer to them than GS Qualies to Weak 10K

Also, Anett and Emily won 6-0 6-2 over the second seeds
A wonderful scoreline for them
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #1090
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Her ranking is too low to get to the main draws of most 25k-s I suppose.. Also it is convenient for USO warmup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
What do you think her goals should be for next year
This year she expected to reach top 300. Well, she is far from that at the moment so it can be her next year's goal - top 250 maybe? I think she should still play some junior slams as well.

How many tournaments is she allowed next year? Was it 14 or sth..
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #1091
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
How many tournaments is she allowed next year? Was it 14 or sth..
16 + 3 if she finishes the year inside ITF top 5 + 1 if she reaches USO final + up to 2 grand slams, if she qualifies directly.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #1092
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

12 pro tournaments this year. Six used and another six still free.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #1093
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Anett won 61 64

Next is Zacarias who beat her opponent 61 62.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #1094
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Anett won 61 64

Next is Zacarias who beat her opponent 61 62.

I know that Zacarias will be hard, but I sense that Anett will step up

I am confused about one thing, why is Anett allowed to play 19 tournaments if she finishes in ITF Top 5, but only 16 if she doesn't????

Also, how did you find out that she won, because I can't find it anywhere???

EDIT: ANETT IS UPDATING HER FACEBOOK AGAIN!!!!!!!

Last edited by chingching : Aug 25th, 2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #1095
country flag chingching

Anett's facebook has been updated with this:
Täna oli hea päev! Vôitsin üksikmängu, võitsime Emilyga paarismängu 61 62 ning lisaks võitsin veel ka kihlveo, peale mida Märten, Emily ja Emily treener pidid kätekôverdusi tegema. Lisaks on nad mulle veel ka õhtusöögi võlgu)))

Had a good day today! Won my singles, doubles and also won a bet against Märten, Emily and Emilys coach. They had to do pushups and buy me a dinner ))

She is becoming like Donna with her Social Networking awareness