Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 242 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:21 AM   #3616
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

From someone there. Sounds like their IW match

Originally Posted by .Andrew.
Got to see this live too. Woz was really subpar today, served and played pretty poorly, but she got the job done. It was vital Sofia took the first set if she was going to have any chance because she was getting into 5-10+ ball rallies with Woz early on (and losing majority of them) and Woz was just tiring her out. Midway through the second set Sofia went really hot shortening the points and (lol) overpowering Woz. She went up early in the TB and she really had the momentum on her side winning like 5 out of the last 6 games or something to matter, but couldn't close it out. Second set was telling, Sofia looked tired and absolutely imploded especially in the last 2-3 games of the match going for shots landing halfway up the net that just weren't there

First time seeing Woz live and crazy to see how even someone with average power like Sofia can overpower her at times. She'll have to play a lot better against Domi. Also random, but called down Piotr in twice and imo wasn't even needed. Imo, not gonna win a Slam that way.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 02:10 AM   #3617
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post

Got to see this live too. Woz was really subpar today, served and played pretty poorly, but she got the job done. It was vital Sofia took the first set if she was going to have any chance because she was getting into 5-10+ ball rallies with Woz early on (and losing majority of them) and Woz was just tiring her out. Midway through the second set Sofia went really hot shortening the points and (lol) overpowering Woz. She went up early in the TB and she really had the momentum on her side winning like 5 out of the last 6 games or something to matter, but couldn't close it out. Second set was telling, Sofia looked tired and absolutely imploded especially in the last 2-3 games of the match going for shots landing halfway up the net that just weren't there

First time seeing Woz live and crazy to see how even someone with average power like Sofia can overpower her at times. She'll have to play a lot better against Domi. Also random, but called down Piotr in twice and imo wasn't even needed. Imo, not gonna win a Slam that way.
Sigh. Just what the heck is Caro doing in her practices? Whatever it is sure seems pretty ineffective.

What did happen to her game on the way from grass to hard court? I thought being back in New Haven and have Johansson around again would help some. Even last year she was able to get it together in New Haven.

Why is Piotr back doing the on court coaching? Has Caro lost confidence in Johansson? Is Piotr resuming control?

I'd love to see comments from Caro/Piotr/Johansson on her play today.

Wondering when Caro will play a fluky good match or two again...
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 04:03 AM   #3618
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

At the beginning,I was fearful that this'd be the end of the run in New Haven,but now I'm thinking that Caro's chances aren't really that bad

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:04 AM   #3619
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

So Piotr is doing the on-court coachings again even though Thomas is there? Ugh, that's not a good sign.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:11 AM   #3620
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post

Hm,something tells me that this is probably not a fan Since when was Caroline winning thanks to overpowering opponents anyway?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:08 AM   #3621
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
So Piotr is doing the on-court coachings again even though Thomas is there? Ugh, that's not a good sign.
Let's not over analyze. Maybe it was Thomas' decision?
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:52 AM   #3622
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

the score isn't impressive at all and the comment we got neither (though both of those can be not really reliable...)...we will see with Domi, which is the real test

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 07:59 AM   #3623
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
Let's not over analyze. Maybe it was Thomas' decision?
Yeah, because Thomas probably can't speak a language Sofia doesn't understand, Piotr can (Polish).
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM   #3624
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like Caro didnt play well. Domi was tough for Caro even when she was winning titles. This should tell a lot. But i already think the matches in Montreal & Cincy told a lot. She has to play better or finals will stay a rarity

Thomas Johansson@TompaSthlmOpen

Good win by Caro today against Sofia. Happy to see her in the quarterfinal tomorrow against Cibulkova....

To win a match when you play well is easy. To win a match when you don't play your best tennis is a lot harder...

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 11:58 AM   #3625
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

In 4 hours we'll know what Caro's USO draw looks like!
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 01:25 PM   #3626
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
In 4 hours we'll know what Caro's USO draw looks like!
I'm telling you already, she's drawing Serena, once again!

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 01:45 PM   #3627
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
no, now it's Kerber's turn to draw Serena for at least the next 5 tournaments That's what happened to Caro when she beat Serena in Miami!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 02:04 PM   #3628
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Unless Caro reaches the QF, drawing or not drawing Serena Williams is immaterial. And frankly, a QF would be a good result for Caro (current form in mind) ... so

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM   #3629
country flag goldenlox

Venus is playing a 5-8 seed in round 2, so 25% chance Caro is underdog in round 2

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 04:17 PM   #3630
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Draw is in progress. You can watch it here live....

http://www.usopen.org/index.html

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread