Olga Govortsova Thread - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 01:48 AM   #526
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Olga Govortsova Thread

Looking lovely on grass

HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #527
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

From her twitter:

Grass wall )) pic.twitter.com/i2IW8V8b
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #528
country flag HowardH

Olga and Mandy won their R2 doubles match in Wimbledon, 5 and 5 over Iveta and Barbora.
What a pretty team they must be.
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #529
country flag HowardH

I really like the way she looks in her Wimbledon outfit:

Last edited by HowardH : Jun 29th, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #530
country flag HowardH

She qualified in New Haven, beating her doubles partner Dushevina 75 in the third. Then Dushevina got the LL spot and they had to play again. Olga won the first round against Dushevina 62 in the third. Lol.

Some twitter updates:

Why do they always put those cakes in players lounge??? They taste amazing! They trying to make us fat!))))) http://pic.twitter.com/Z7lBwdb7

Won my match today at @newhavenopen agains Olga Savchuk, here pic )) http://pic.twitter.com/WLbqnTXI

Enjoing a mango smoothie @ The Cheesecake Factory http://instagr.am/p/OXTrHUlE45/

Just made a Peak collage @peaksportsUSA #teampeak http://pic.twitter.com/fsNT4jRM

Chilling with Dudley!�� http://instagr.am/p/OAhTnclE0P/

Twit for @AllaK11 haha Just finished practice with @MichaelGrant_ http://pic.twitter.com/4LHl6n2y

Perfect weather for beach!!!☀☀☀ http://pic.twitter.com/n8xf08sO

She also posts pics of all the delicious food she eats or looks at. Amongst other things she loves sweet foods and sushi. Yum.

Last edited by HowardH : Aug 20th, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 12:51 AM   #531
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

I've been thinking about becoming a fan of Govortsova. What kind of game does she have? I've noticed her constantly around the 80-100 mark in the rankings..Does she have the game to improve and be at least a solid top 50 or 40 player? I like her look, are there any interviews with her?

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:50 AM   #532
country flag HowardH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edinboro View Post
I've been thinking about becoming a fan of Govortsova. What kind of game does she have? I've noticed her constantly around the 80-100 mark in the rankings..Does she have the game to improve and be at least a solid top 50 or 40 player? I like her look, are there any interviews with her?
She's definitely very watchable. She's been as high as 35 but hasn't sustained it. I think she definitely has the game to improve and be at least a solid top 50 or 40 player.

I've found it hard to tell with her how far she will go. She has some game, she hits quite big from both sides and serves reasonably big as well. Not overwhelmingly powerful but a bigger hitter than average for sure. She moves okay, as you would expect from her shape. She seems to make too many errors at the moment to rise further. Silly errors. I think she definitely has potential but I'm not sure she's quite able to figure it out, although recent signs are that she is improving. Maybe she needs to take her fitness and intensity to the next level like Azarenka, Kerber and Wozniacki did. Or maybe she needs to take her serve to the next level and make it a serious weapon. She has no wta titles, 3 times she's been runner up in wta events, she has a few itf titles, and probably her best result in singles so far was 2010 Ponte Vedra final, she beat Dominika in the semis and lost to Wozniacki in the final. She has quite a lot of doubles titles, 8, she's a good doubles player it seems.

Here are some videos that might help you assess her game.

She's very active on twitter too, you might want to have a look, you can tell some things about her personality from her twitter I think. https://twitter.com/OGovortsova

Here are some more twitter updates from today:

Couple pics from today match pic.twitter.com/C5UmkNN5

Last edited by HowardH : Aug 22nd, 2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 01:44 PM   #533
country flag HowardH

It's already Olga's birthday here in New Zealand (23 August). Happy birthday Olga!
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 03:02 AM   #534
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen a few matches from Govortsova in the past. Most noticeably the Kremlin Cup semis against Kleybanova and the not so hot final against Schiavone. (Would that not be her greatest result yet? Finals of a Premier?) And I saw the final against Wozniacki in Ponte Vedra. I tend to like nice respectful players. She seems a little annoyed in that interview, no? Anyways, I will still watch a little bit more from her. I would think her forum could use a few more fans.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:54 PM   #535
country flag HowardH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edinboro View Post
I have seen a few matches from Govortsova in the past. Most noticeably the Kremlin Cup semis against Kleybanova and the not so hot final against Schiavone. (Would that not be her greatest result yet? Finals of a Premier?) And I saw the final against Wozniacki in Ponte Vedra. I tend to like nice respectful players. She seems a little annoyed in that interview, no? Anyways, I will still watch a little bit more from her. I would think her forum could use a few more fans.
You are right, Kremlin cup 09 final would be her greatest result so far, that slipped my mind. That was the only interview I could find of her, I think she isn't always in that kind of mood. I enjoy following her twitter, it's very active. Almost as active as the super active twitter of Sofia Arvidsson, whom I also enjoy following.

Last edited by HowardH : Aug 23rd, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #536
country flag HowardH

Olga Govortsova ‏@OGovortsova

Thanks everyone for support! Beat 29 seed Tamira Paszek 6 3 6 4, my first single win here since 2008! ��

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #537
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

I watched parts of that match and I think it was one of the better matches I saw that day.

And she also looked great... I have to say that a lot of these girls look a lot better in person
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 12:42 AM   #538
country flag HowardH

Olga wins again, 26 62 75 over Konta. Quite a fight. Now a match with either Venus or Kerber awaits.

She's out of doubles though.
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 10:08 PM   #539
country flag HowardH

Olga lost the first set 6-1 against Kerber. Looks like it's probably too much for her at the moment unless something changes dramatically, Kerber is very tough and Olga is not feeling well, she called the doctor on and they checked her blood pressure, temperature etc.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:45 PM   #540
country flag Snooked

Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of Snooked has much to be proud of

15HQ from Wimbledon http://hqworld.net/2012/09/olga-govo...imbledon-june/
Snooked is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote