New Haven R2: Caroline Wozniacki def. Sofia Arvidsson 7-6 (4) 6-2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:42 PM   #1
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute
New Haven R2: Caroline Wozniacki def. Sofia Arvidsson 7-6 (4) 6-2

She made that first set more difficult than necessary after leading 4-1 but a NID match.
Serve was a mess in the first set, around 40% first serve %. Went up a bit in 2nd but still she will have to serve much better to defend the title. Sofia one step closer to the punching bag.

Next Cibulkova , hopefully there is a stream.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:44 PM   #2
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Haven R2: Caroline Wozniacki def. Sofia Arvidsson 7-6 (4) 6-2

Just win gorl.
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:51 PM   #3
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all

Congrats Caro Should have been less troublesome - serve still a bit wobbly, but the job got done!
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:54 PM   #4
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Caro!

But 7-6 from 4-2 is bad for some ppl bad nerves...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:04 PM   #5
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt see it. I hope New Haven streams the next round with Domi. Should be a good match
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:08 PM   #6
country flag pwayne

pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of

ESPN2 is scheduled to show a match from New Haven tomorrow at 1 PM. Also, matches should be streamed so we will get to see some action.
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:16 PM   #7
country flag burn

burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Caro
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
burn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:38 PM   #8
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

3 more to go.....

Trash Cibulkova please, this is your home

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:50 PM   #9
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

goat

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:54 PM   #10
country flag .Andrew.

.Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute

Got to see this live too. Woz was really subpar today, served and played pretty poorly, but she got the job done. It was vital Sofia took the first set if she was going to have any chance because she was getting into 5-10+ ball rallies with Woz early on (and losing majority of them) and Woz was just tiring her out. Midway through the second set Sofia went really hot shortening the points and (lol) overpowering Woz. She went up early in the TB and she really had the momentum on her side winning like 5 out of the last 6 games or something to matter, but couldn't close it out. Second set was telling, Sofia looked tired and absolutely imploded especially in the last 2-3 games of the match going for shots landing halfway up the net that just weren't there

First time seeing Woz live and crazy to see how even someone with average power like Sofia can overpower her at times. She'll have to play a lot better against Domi. Also random, but called down Piotr in twice and imo wasn't even needed. Imo, not gonna win a Slam that way.
.Andrew. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:05 PM   #11
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andrew. View Post
Got to see this live too. Woz was really subpar today, served and played pretty poorly, but she got the job done. It was vital Sofia took the first set if she was going to have any chance because she was getting into 5-10+ ball rallies with Woz early on (and losing majority of them) and Woz was just tiring her out. Midway through the second set Sofia went really hot shortening the points and (lol) overpowering Woz. She went up early in the TB and she really had the momentum on her side winning like 5 out of the last 6 games or something to matter, but couldn't close it out. Second set was telling, Sofia looked tired and absolutely imploded especially in the last 2-3 games of the match going for shots landing halfway up the net that just weren't there

First time seeing Woz live and crazy to see how even someone with average power like Sofia can overpower her at times. She'll have to play a lot better against Domi. Also random, but called down Piotr in twice and imo wasn't even needed. Imo, not gonna win a Slam that way.
Thanks for sharing.
Double A is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 04:03 AM   #12
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

She is LA BORZ.
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:41 AM   #13
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:11 AM   #14
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andrew. View Post

I assume you mean first set.
Sofia held serve twice and broke once to go from 1-4 to 4-4, then they both held serve the rest of the set, Caro to love both times. Doesn't seem like that much "overpowering" to me. Seems more like Caro's biggest problem was not landing her 1 st serve. At one point in the middle of set 1, her 1st serve was 35%. But from 4-4 she seemed to get it straightened out, wasn't broken the rest of the match (only faced BPs in the last game) and ended up with a 62% on 1st serve.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Aug 23rd, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:56 AM   #15
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

not really an encouraging result, but you never know go Caro!

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote