Coaching changes - NCAA Div. 1 - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:23 PM   #196
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice
Re: Coaching changes - NCAA Div. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
If OSU doesn't promote Melissa I will be suprised and disappointed.
Changes to Ohio State Tennis Programs announced! Melissa Schaub named interim head coach! http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...080112aaa.html

Last edited by johnnytennis : Aug 2nd, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 09:24 PM   #197
country flag spartyfan

spartyfan has disabled reputation

According to the ITA web site the Pacific job is accepting applications.
spartyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #198
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Stotland Named Head Coach at Fresno State according to Arizona
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #199
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
Changes to Ohio State Tennis Programs announced! Melissa Schaub named interim head coach! http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...080112aaa.html
Puzzling thing about the OSU press release is that they named Schaub the interim, but also said, "A search for an assistant women's tennis coach will begin immediately."

If Schaub is just interim, why would they hire an assistant? Seems like that suggests strongly that she isn't just an interim. Maybe I'm reading too much into that.
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #200
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

[quote=10sE;21931581]That's not my line of thinking at all. I think an assistant from a top-10 program is a wild card. Hard to know how much they actually did or if they just rode coat tails.QUOTE]

I guess I'm saying the same thing about an assistant that walks into a sub-par program.........it is hard to judge them from results on paper in a short timeframe.....but that is what you are doing.
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #201

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
Puzzling thing about the OSU press release is that they named Schaub the interim, but also said, "A search for an assistant women's tennis coach will begin immediately."

If Schaub is just interim, why would they hire an assistant? Seems like that suggests strongly that she isn't just an interim. Maybe I'm reading too much into that.
I assume interim means she will be the coach for the 2012-13 season and they'll evaluate her performance at the end of the season. The Men's coach will oversee both programs but they will need an assistant women's tennis coach as it's to big a job for one person! JMO
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #202
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

[quote=its_a_racquet;21997803]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
That's not my line of thinking at all. I think an assistant from a top-10 program is a wild card. Hard to know how much they actually did or if they just rode coat tails.QUOTE]

I guess I'm saying the same thing about an assistant that walks into a sub-par program.........it is hard to judge them from results on paper in a short timeframe.....but that is what you are doing.
I guess I am, that's a good point. I think a more fair way for me to say it would be that she is clearly not a good recruiter. She has had a chance both as an assistant at MTSU and a head coach and then as an assistant at OSU to recruit good players and has not found players good enough to help her improve either of those teams.

It sounds like you know her and think she is a good person and coach. It seems like then she therefore must be a bad recruiter. Either way the results seem to say that she is not a good coach AND a good recruiter at the same time. It's just hard for me to believe that she's this diamond in the rough that has been held back by everyone around her. It seems to me if she were that good that she would have left her mark on these programs.

I guess we will see.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #203
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Who did Maryland hire? They have posted a job for assistant coach but still have not announced a hire for head.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
Who did Maryland hire? They have posted a job for assistant coach but still have not announced a hire for head.
I had heard rumors they hired someone a couple weeks ago but the fact they haven't announced it yet makes me think now they were just rumors!
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #205
country flag Embittered

Pacfic: Tigers Name Charlotte Scatliffe New Women's Tennis Head Coach
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #206
country flag Tenniswish

Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice

Maryland has hired an assistant from elsewhere. Paperwork holding up the announcement.
Tenniswish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenniswish View Post
Maryland has hired an assistant from elsewhere. Paperwork holding up the announcement.
Maryland hires Minnesota assistant women's tennis coach Daria Panova to be their next head coach http://www.umterps.com/sports/w-tenn...081312aaa.html
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 11:45 AM   #208
country flag gullytwin

gullytwin is just really nice gullytwin is just really nice gullytwin is just really nice gullytwin is just really nice gullytwin is just really nice gullytwin is just really nice gullytwin is just really nice gullytwin is just really nice gullytwin is just really nice gullytwin is just really nice gullytwin is just really nice

Saw (randomly) that Florida International is hiring: http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/4880...s-tennis-coach. (Dayton, too.)
gullytwin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #209
country flag Embittered

Thibodeau Adds Carling Seguso to Coaching Staff (UCSB): http://www.ucsbgauchos.com/sports/w-...2012101748rxcn
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #210
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Dianne Matias is back as an assistant coach with UC Irvine.

(For BeachForm: Not to be confused with Maureen Diaz )
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote