US/Canada Trip : Recommendations? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #16
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US/Canada Trip : Recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
There are a few really fantastic places for food in Boston. I go to Stella's every time I'm in the city for their orecchiette, which I just love. It's massive. Toro is another good one for tapas. Quite delish.

Boston, not known for seafood, necessarily, but there's quite a bit of oyster bars.

Toronto also has my favorite Thai restaurant in North America: Mengrai.
Cool! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
If you like Indian food, and who doesn't!, Toronto has some great restaurants, even downtown. WIsh I could remember some names.
No problem. I'll just keep an eye out for Indian food, I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
1 day in Philly is more than enough.

How many days do you have?
1 day
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 13th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #17
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute

A pity you likely won't be around Toronto at the same time as me.
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #18
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
A pity you likely won't be around Toronto at the same time as me.
CHOLE

When will you be there??
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #19
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Greenhouse on Sunday in NYC. Don't go anywhere near Splash.

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #20
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Going up the CN Tower in Toronto is a must...unless you're afraid of heights.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 03:08 AM   #21
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJJ View Post
Go to Greenhouse on Sunday in NYC. Don't go anywhere near Splash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
Noted. Thanks!
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #22
country flag silverwhite

Bump
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #23
country flag Kat_YYZ

Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of

Hi SW,
When will you be in Toronto? The Film Festival is Sep 6-16. Can be a lot of interesting events at that time.
Kat_YYZ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #24
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Hi SW,
When will you be in Toronto? The Film Festival is Sep 6-16. Can be a lot of interesting events at that time.
Kat

Cool. I'll be there on 10th and 11th September
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #25
country flag Kat_YYZ

Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
Kat

Cool. I'll be there on 10th and 11th September
well, if I were in a city for only 2 days, I wouldn't spend a moment inside a movie theatre, but there might be other interesting film fest activities going on at the time. For sure the nightlife will be more lively than it would be on a regular Monday and Tuesday night. The area around the festival's headquarters has a lot of restaurants and clubs. And there is also the Yorkville neighbourhood, full of posh boutiques and restaurants/cafes. I'm not in the income bracket to be able to really participate, but sometimes it's fun to grab a spot on a coffee shop patio, or even a park bench, and watch the fancy people and expensive cars go by .
Kat_YYZ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #26
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that one day in Philadelphia is enough. It's nice but not amazing and there isn't that much to do there. I love Boston and DC. I think they're much nicer places to visit than NYC and Philly. I'd love to go to Niagara Falls and Canada. Enjoy your trip!

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #27

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
CHOLE

When will you be there??
December
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
I think that I probably just don't get it, because I grew up two hours from Toronto and have seen the CN Tower about a thousand times, but I don't get it. It's not a terribly beautiful building - it's just tall. I've never been up it, or felt the itch to go.

I also didn't see the point in going to the top of the Empire State Building either, so maybe I just don't care about tall buildings.
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #29
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
well, if I were in a city for only 2 days, I wouldn't spend a moment inside a movie theatre, but there might be other interesting film fest activities going on at the time. For sure the nightlife will be more lively than it would be on a regular Monday and Tuesday night. The area around the festival's headquarters has a lot of restaurants and clubs. And there is also the Yorkville neighbourhood, full of posh boutiques and restaurants/cafes. I'm not in the income bracket to be able to really participate, but sometimes it's fun to grab a spot on a coffee shop patio, or even a park bench, and watch the fancy people and expensive cars go by .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
I agree that one day in Philadelphia is enough. It's nice but not amazing and there isn't that much to do there. I love Boston and DC. I think they're much nicer places to visit than NYC and Philly. I'd love to go to Niagara Falls and Canada. Enjoy your trip!
Quote:
I think that I probably just don't get it, because I grew up two hours from Toronto and have seen the CN Tower about a thousand times, but I don't get it. It's not a terribly beautiful building - it's just tall. I've never been up it, or felt the itch to go.

I also didn't see the point in going to the top of the Empire State Building either, so maybe I just don't care about tall buildings.
Thanks, guys!

Quote:
December
Pity
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #30
country flag NyCPsU

NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Montreal for the first time this past weekend with some friends. Had a great time. Definitely one of my favorite cities Ive been to. Did touristy stuff during the day and nightlife was a ton of fun at night. Very different than what I thought it would be like, but in a good way. Everyone there is really friendly and just love the French culture.

It was a last minute planned trip. 4 guys, 3 girls and we all had a great time and want to plan another more thought out trip for next summer.

*Stephens*Hampton*Riske*Dulgheru*

*Anyone playing Wickmayer*
NyCPsU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote