** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 324 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #4846
country flag Sebastian222
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
IMO not. The interview was made before she went to London for the Olympics, she (or her PR-but I guess it is her, since they have a photosession with her) probably did answer to the questions, but you do realize that questions can be edited before publishing? So can answers... And up until London 2012 presser she kept answering the wedding question with a dose of irony / or didn't answer it at all. In London 2012 she gave a clear answer. Won't even say what I think that means.
This kind of photosessions and interviews are mostly held separate because of the work that is involved with the shooting... and sometimes the pictures are bought and used as "own"... and yes, I do realize an interview can be edited before publishing... That's why I am so wondered why they keep holding on to news (the wedding in the fall)... Some editor didn't payed attention?
The Maria part of this interview doesn't botter me, I believe her... but I am intregued bij the Hamptons part of the interview. As a proffesional communication is a part of my job... maybe that's the reason for my "obsession" for this item...
Sebastian222 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #4847
country flag MM_1257
Senior Member
 
MM_1257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,556
MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian222 View Post
Some editor didn't payed attention?
The Maria part of this interview doesn't botter me, I believe her... but I am intregued bij the Hamptons part of the interview. As a proffesional communication is a part of my job... maybe that's the reason for my "obsession" for this item...
Most probably. I doubt the editors of these magazines read her press conferences in tournaments. The wedding news got spread like a fire since the Russian tabloid published it and every single journalist picked it up; it was on all sorts of portals, websites, national tv station websites, magazines, newspapers. Maria and Max and Sasha never confirmed it, but also never took care of denying it loud and clear (I guess is suited them) - at least not until London 2012; and those who do not pay attention to them in details, didn't bother to check what was behind the gossip, if any of them confirmed it or not.. That's how things unfortunately go.. If Maria wants legitimate news of her to be spread, she should update her fb regularly with them... Because that is something they read... The wig trick was all over the news...

Besides Sasha goes back to Istanbul soon (or maybe he is already there) - the team starts the preparations next week - and probably some media in some match will ask him about it, I expect the usual answers from him, but who knows, maybe he will say something more - we should wait and see.. But almost surely he will deny the 10th of November...
__________________
Ana Ivanovic, Maria Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Makiri, Vika, W sisters, Sarita, Domi, Halep, Dinarik tnx for all!
ROGER FEDERER, RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Kei, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #4848
country flag 18majors
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11,169
18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Maria Sharapova Fan‏@SharapovAce

Monday Schedule for Masha: 8.00 AM: CBS Morning Show 11.00 AM: Sugarpova launch at Henri Bendel 11.30 PM: NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #4849
country flag Sebastian222
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

A lot of opportunities to hear news directly from herself. But most of the time they will talk about Sugarpova... I presume...
Sasha has turned back from a "radio" silence at FB:

Hi everyone! After a much needed break from technology, I am back on here with some updates...What is new...I am back in Turkey for another thrilling season ahead..Summer was amazing- spending time with family and friends in LA..Will post some pics for you!
Sebastian222 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #4850
country flag lefty24
Senior Member
 
lefty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,608
lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Maria Sharapova Fan‏@SharapovAce

Monday Schedule for Masha: 8.00 AM: CBS Morning Show 11.00 AM: Sugarpova launch at Henri Bendel 11.30 PM: NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
Wow. I guess she just wants to get everything out of the way on Monday.
__________________
MAR1.A SHARAPOVA
http://i46.tinypic.com/29z37tv.png
lefty24 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #4851
country flag MM_1257
Senior Member
 
MM_1257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,556
MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

I was just about to post the same schedule... American friends, time to put the recorders on and provide us those interviews and events to us in Europe, too.
__________________
Ana Ivanovic, Maria Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Makiri, Vika, W sisters, Sarita, Domi, Halep, Dinarik tnx for all!
ROGER FEDERER, RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Kei, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #4852
country flag MM_1257
Senior Member
 
MM_1257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,556
MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

I read on twitter that Chelsea said (do not know when - in her show probably?) that Maria and her doctor forced her to do blood tests because of how much she drinks...
And it made me think... Maria is knocking on that E! door a lot lately... Last year after the ESPYs, but even more this year with being in Handler's show, having Handler mention her in her shows, sit in her box during the Games, and then those 2 times she was on E! News - in LA before leaving for London and in London... IMO it all has a certain target in purpose... I do not know how much that tv is popular in America, but if it is, I think she is trying to make herself even more of a "household name" in order to sell her product better... I really think it is all opening a path for the Sugarpova... What do you guys think? And no, do not jump on me, I am no troll and no hater, by now you probably do know me.
__________________
Ana Ivanovic, Maria Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Makiri, Vika, W sisters, Sarita, Domi, Halep, Dinarik tnx for all!
ROGER FEDERER, RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Kei, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #4853
country flag Sebastian222
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
I read on twitter that Chelsea said (do not know when - in her show probably?) that Maria and her doctor forced her to do blood tests because of how much she drinks...
And it made me think... Maria is knocking on that E! door a lot lately... Last year after the ESPYs, but even more this year with being in Handler's show, having Handler mention her in her shows, sit in her box during the Games, and then those 2 times she was on E! News - in LA before leaving for London and in London... IMO it all has a certain target in purpose... I do not know how much that tv is popular in America, but if it is, I think she is trying to make herself even more of a "household name" in order to sell her product better... I really think it is all opening a path for the Sugarpova... What do you guys think? And no, do not jump on me, I am no troll and no hater, by now you probably do know me.
You are right... like I said before to mr. Scott, our Lady directs her public appearance well tought out. Tomorrow is the launch of Sugarpova and she and her agent have done the job wel... I have great respect of how she and her team manage these things (sometimes a little oops... but that's in the game...)
Sebastian222 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #4854
country flag Qetusi
Senior Member
 
Qetusi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 646
Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of Qetusi has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Maria Sharapova

Quote:
One more day until my candy is official! In the meantime I took my team to the brand new IT'SUGAR store that opened a few days ago on Broadway, to be my first loyal Sugarpova customers (I didn't give them much choice but to be Sugarpova customers)...I also ended up buying a pack for myself. My candy will be sold at all their stores worldwide, as well as on their website www.itsugar.com and at www.sugarpova.com.
If you are not around for the Henri Bendel launch tomorrow at 11am EST, don't forget to watch it live from your computer at http://new.livestream.com/​Sharapova/sugarpova and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to post here as I will be answering a few as well during the event. Can't wait to see everyone!

Qetusi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #4855
country flag lefty24
Senior Member
 
lefty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,608
lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Yay happy for the people outside the US who get to buy it. Very smart of Maria since she has so many fans outside America.
I always find it weird that celebrities have to but their own products. Oh and super happy that it's not just going to be in one store!! Make that money Masha.
__________________
MAR1.A SHARAPOVA
http://i46.tinypic.com/29z37tv.png
lefty24 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #4856
country flag nelsondan
Senior Member
 
nelsondan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,068
nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian222 View Post
You are right... like I said before to mr. Scott, our Lady directs her public appearance well tought out. Tomorrow is the launch of Sugarpova and she and her agent have done the job wel... I have great respect of how she and her team manage these things (sometimes a little oops... but that's in the game...)
Well thought out. I have been a fan of Maria for a long time, and I think it is simply amazing the way she does two things so well...play tennis and manage her endorsements and non tennis career on a level that few others in the public eye are able to do.

I do not understand the overall concept of a giant candy deal. I am sure Maria does. My immediate reaction was to think of dental problems, and increasing obesity in her age group. It might not be fair to single out candy for having that much to do with that....I will wait and see how this plays out, betting on Maria's pr judgement to make everything something good.
__________________
2004,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, and 12
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....81&postcount=8 and let me add 2013..http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=472625
nelsondan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #4857
country flag MM_1257
Senior Member
 
MM_1257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,556
MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
Well thought out. I have been a fan of Maria for a long time, and I think it is simply amazing the way she does two things so well...play tennis and manage her endorsements and non tennis career on a level that few others in the public eye are able to do.

I do not understand the overall concept of a giant candy deal. I am sure Maria does. My immediate reaction was to think of dental problems, and increasing obesity in her age group. It might not be fair to single out candy for having that much to do with that....I will wait and see how this plays out, betting on Maria's pr judgement to make everything something good.
I agree on the bold part. And that is why I consider Max Eisenbud a genious... He maximized all Maria's opportunities and ofc she was willing to take all her opportunities in a very sophisticate manner... They make a dream team. And look also at his job with Li Na - he made her get the best chances since she won RG and she is right up there, next to Maria on that $$ list... I bet he will do an amazing job with the youngsters that are under him aswell.. Who knows, maybe even overtaking Maria's throne one day...

About the candy... I agree... I was very surprised when I heard it. And I though, this surely is Maria's idea, since I couldn't believe that managers would be willing to take such a risky business. Because in my eyes - making candies is risky - it is not wine or oil or something.. it is something that people either like or not and it is not easy to know what taste people have and will they like it or not.. It is a business in which you can lose a lot IMO. And I was very very surprised when I learnt that Max got that offer first and he came to talk to Maria about it... We will see how it goes. Let's hope for a great success! Good luck, Maria and good luck, Sugarpova!!!
__________________
Ana Ivanovic, Maria Sharapova, Zvonareva, Kuznetsova, Makiri, Vika, W sisters, Sarita, Domi, Halep, Dinarik tnx for all!
ROGER FEDERER, RAFA NADAL, Delpo, Kei, Spanish Armada
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #4858
country flag jameshazza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11,796
jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

We'll by enough to keep it going anyway. I think it will be just in these stores for a trial amount of time. I mean unless Maria really wants to distance this from her tennis career it would be idiotic not to set up shop at the tennis tournaments. It would be like strawberries and cream at Wimbledon, people attending would almost feel like it was mandatory to buy it.
__________________
Yuryevna,
Always
jameshazza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #4859
country flag 18majors
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11,169
18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
I agree on the bold part. And that is why I consider Max Eisenbud a genious... He maximized all Maria's opportunities and ofc she was willing to take all her opportunities in a very sophisticate manner... They make a dream team. And look also at his job with Li Na - he made her get the best chances since she won RG and she is right up there, next to Maria on that $$ list... I bet he will do an amazing job with the youngsters that are under him aswell.. Who knows, maybe even overtaking Maria's throne one day...

About the candy... I agree... I was very surprised when I heard it. And I though, this surely is Maria's idea, since I couldn't believe that managers would be willing to take such a risky business. Because in my eyes - making candies is risky - it is not wine or oil or something.. it is something that people either like or not and it is not easy to know what taste people have and will they like it or not.. It is a business in which you can lose a lot IMO. And I was very very surprised when I learnt that Max got that offer first and he came to talk to Maria about it... We will see how it goes. Let's hope for a great success! Good luck, Maria and good luck, Sugarpova!!!
The most popular candies like M&M's, Reese's and Snickers sell more than US$400.00 million a year worldwide. Sugarpova can easily reach US$50.0 million if it's somewhat successful.

It's clear Maria doesn't want to compete with her sponsors by getting into clothing or other luxurious goods businesses. Candy isn't a bad choice because the start-up capital isn't high and is quite manageable.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #4860
country flag Advantage Me
Senior Member
 
Advantage Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,073
Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

According to her website she is also on CNN at 7pm New York Time.

So cute to see her team advertising Sugarpova with her, especially Hoggy! Has Vladimir got his pack back to front? Where's Juan? Is he taking the photo??

I will definitely be watching the launch live and perhaps ask her a question.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios