All-time favorite Maria shitfest - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #16
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: All-time favorite Maria shitfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
Great thread So much choice.
It's not a good thing, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Her match against Dulgheru was CLASSIC Fighterpova. I just re-watched the highlights and I can't believe that her forehand was ever that terrible. Footwork non-existent, serve a mess, and she still won
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
Maria-Dulgheru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
OMFG THAT MATCH. You have no idea how happy I am (still) to have been sleeping while that match was robbing you all of your lives.
THIS. Because I didn't catch the shitfest against JJ last year, my automatic choice was Maria-Dulgheru. That ankle sprain

On a side note, what's with 2011 and ankle sprains?
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #17
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute
Rome final 2012.
If you watch till 6-4 4-0 you'll have so much difficulty believing she eventually won it.
There was some peak drama there.
Kon. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #18
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
Rome final 2012.
If you watch till 6-4 4-0 you'll have so much difficulty believing she eventually won it.
There was some peak drama there.
Epic drama! Helicopters, Li Na's mental block, rain, mud on court, wind, looong rain dealy and an epic tie-break... Anything you want.
Of the shitfests that she lost, my favourite one now is Galina's match... So much hilarious moments in it, I was so angry last year during the match, now I laugh whenever I think of it.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #19
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Does no one remember her first match back on tour That awful match she went to 3 sets with Garbin in Warsaw

Apart from that other epic shitfests include most of her FO 09 matches, all her Los Angeles 09 matches, Dushevina at IW 2010, Stanford 2010 matches vs Radwanska & Dementieva, IW 2011 vs Medina Garrigues, Miami 2011 vs Dulgheru, all her Madrid 2011 matches, Hantuchova in Stanford and a few others

And there's also the shitfests she lost Dulko at Wimbledon, Oudin at US Open, Kiri at AO etc.

How us Maria fans are still alive after some of these is beyond me lol

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 02:21 AM   #20
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

^^

That was classic pova choke, leading 6-1, 5-2 and lost the 2nd set in the TB

and this:

Her first QF hardcourt win since a long time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #21
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
^^

That was classic pova choke, leading 6-1, 5-2 and lost the 2nd set in the TB
I only remembered this for the epic choke in the second but watching those highlights I'm amazed how much she dropshotted Garbin in that match
And also, poor claypova couldn't slide in 09 and was still a cow on ice

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #22
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
Some of my favorite slugfest, shit-shows from pova since the comeback so much fight, intensity, grit

Have to say, these all come to my mind first reading the title. Maria-Dulgheru was
Her matches vs Radwanska are always shitfests, especially Toronto 09 and Tokyo 09. Loved the comeback in the 2nd, and the relief after beating Aga.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #23
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

RG 2011 vs Radwanska as well. Suprisingly her serve was what saved her but everything else was pretty dire.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #24
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova-Azarenka 2009 Beijing 2nd round was hardly a shitfest. To this day it remains one of my favorite matches/Maria comebacks EVER.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #25
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I would have to pick from the ones I watched, which would be Rome 2012 final against Li, Cincy 2011 final against JJ (don't kill me, I was actually rooting for Jelena, since she used to be my favorite player besides Maria, plus she is Serbian, so the way Masha played didn't hurt me at all But even though I was rooting for JJ, I was still very happy when Masha won. I think that's the only match-up when I don't mind Maria losing ) Anyway, apart from those, Watson 2011 US Open, Pennetta 2011 US Open (she lost it obviously, after making a great comeback she chocked in the end ), Kirilenko 2012 IW (if I recall correctly that it was in IW) and so many more. I know that we're giving recommendations of her 2009 and later shitfests, but I'm just gonna say: AO 2007 1st round against Camille Pin I think my fave Pova shitfest of them all (and I wasn't even such a huge fan like I am today xD)

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #26
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
Sharapova-Azarenka 2009 Beijing 2nd round was hardly a shitfest. To this day it remains one of my favorite matches/Maria comebacks EVER.
This. I saw it live on vaca and it was obscenely high quality. I actually cried when it was over.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 12:56 AM   #27
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

^It only got good when Maria stopped being shit. But early on in the match she made me want to destroy things. I loved it because it ended on a high quality wise, but a lot of the match was Poova trying to kill us.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #28
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
^It only got good when Maria stopped being shit. But early on in the match she made me want to destroy things. I loved it because it ended on a high quality wise, but a lot of the match was Poova trying to kill us.
Maybe it just feels different live. You get more intensity that way, and everything looks like it's hit harder. I didn't realize until I saw Maria live just how hard she hits the ball. Azarenka gets flack these days for being a pusher at times, but she was hitting huge as well. I remember Maria playing well in the first set after getting down an early break and then just missing more towards the end of the second. She played badly to get so far down in the third but the way she roared back was insane. She hit some killer passing shots and the helicopter forehand was GOAT And the crowd was totally for Maria the entire time which is sort of rare.

I just wish I could download the match from somewhere.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #29
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Maybe it just feels different live. You get more intensity that way, and everything looks like it's hit harder. I didn't realize until I saw Maria live just how hard she hits the ball. Azarenka gets flack these days for being a pusher at times, but she was hitting huge as well. I remember Maria playing well in the first set after getting down an early break and then just missing more towards the end of the second. She played badly to get so far down in the third but the way she roared back was insane. She hit some killer passing shots and the helicopter forehand was GOAT And the crowd was totally for Maria the entire time which is sort of rare.

I just wish I could download the match from somewhere.
Rawr that comeback.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #30
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

I am watching an old match now, one that I have never seen - Masha vs. Schaul in Tokyon-Japan Open 2003... And OMG... that's a shitfest in the first set.