Olympics#2 - London - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #31
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Olympics#2 - London

Good luck in doubles . Tough draw but hopefully she and Timea can at least play well and find some chemistyr!
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #32
country flag Blackowl_1

Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajrá Ági! View Post
It was great to see her smiling again, and that little wink to Blanka had everyone laughing. She showed some moments of real class throughout that match but, as expected after such a long time out, just struggled to put it all together. Some brilliant backhands though, and served well under pressure at times. Just a shame her returning wasn't quite there today. She did really well to stay composed and dignified when things weren't going her way. A couple of iffy line calls and the crowd coming in while she was serving being two examples of what I mean.

Having said all of that Bally was outstanding, that's probably the best match she's ever played in terms of her serve and focus. Just had to be today against Ágnes didn't it?! Just her luck to be drawn, again, against the home favourite and then to have her play the match of her life.
Thank you for this report. Shame that most of us couldn't watch it Was she in Nike?
Blackowl_1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #33
country flag Hajrá Ági!
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all

Yeah she was in Nike and looking amazing as always. BBC commentators were loving how much she was smiling and laughing. It should still be online on the link I posted. If you go to play the live stream there are chapters at the bottom for her match. Unless you need to be in the UK for that link to work? I dunno.

Last edited by Hajrá Ági! : Jul 28th, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Hajrá Ági! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #34
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well...mixed feelings: sad she lost, a bit dissapointed because I thought she had a chance but OTOH just happy she played a full match and got to experience the Olympics at its best again . Hope she and Timea can do something and doubles and well,I just want Ági to have a great time,whether results are good or bad

BTW the TV coverage about tennis this OG is truly awful, I couldn´t see the match(and I really wanted to), but it seems Baltacha played out of her mind. Why it had to be today?

No more Ági in singles until NH if I´m not mistaken. We´ll wait
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #35
country flag #kArLoS#

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Hajrá Ági!;21914451]Yeah she was in Nike and looking amazing as always. BBC commentators were loving how much she was smiling and laughing. It should still be online on the link I posted. If you go to play the live stream there are chapters at the bottom for her match. Unless you need to be in the UK for that link to work? I dunno.

You have to live in the UK, otherwise they wouldn´t let you see anything. That´s why I couldn´t watch the match
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #36
country flag Hajrá Ági!
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all

Oh, I'm sorry, then yeah that really sucks. I feel your pain though. We've had so few opportunities to see Ágnes playing in the past two years that it's verging on depressing. She looks healthy though, no stretching her back during the match or anything like that. With any luck, this first round loss is a blessing in disguise and helps her to ease back into playing matches slowly so we can see her back on tour properly soon without worrying about her injury.

Court 18 as it is for Wimbledon is Court 4 for the Olympics btw. They've changed all the numbers so it's Centre, then one to four. Bit annoying.
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #37
country flag #kArLoS#

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry, then yeah that really sucks. I feel your pain though. We've had so few opportunities to see Ágnes playing in the past two years that it's verging on depressing. She looks healthy though, no stretching her back during the match or anything like that. With any luck, this first round loss is a blessing in disguise and helps her to ease back into playing matches slowly so we can see her back on tour properly soon without worrying about her injury.

Court 18 as it is for Wimbledon is Court 4 for the Olympics btw. They've changed all the numbers so it's Centre, then one to four. Bit annoying.
Thanks for the photo . She looks good but I´d say a bit thinner or it is just me?

And it´s really good to know that the back wasn´t bothering her. With some luck and matchplay, hopefully next year she comes back where she belongs

BTW her racket is still that black Wilson she´s had those last years I guess
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #38
country flag Hajrá Ági!
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

She changed her racquet to the Wilson Blade Team BLX at the start of last season. Just never got to use it much because of the injury. It's just the new version of the K-Blade Team that she'd been using for the few years before that. Almost identical but slightly better to hit with (in my opinion).

And yeah she does look a lot leaner. She looks in very good shape, she's clearly been working really hard on her athleticism. The BBC commentators also commented on exactly that. they were impressed with how fit and athletic she looked.
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #39
country flag #kArLoS#

Quote:
She changed her racquet to the Wilson Blade Team BLX at the start of last season. Just never got to use it much because of the injury. It's just the new version of the K-Blade Team that she'd been using for the few years before that. Almost identical but slightly better to hit with (in my opinion).

And yeah she does look a lot leaner. She looks in very good shape, she's clearly been working really hard on her athleticism. The BBC commentators also commented on exactly that. they were impressed with how fit and athletic she looked.
Thanks for the info again

Yeah,that was the racket I was referring to

It´s good to know to hear that she´s been working hard in her fitness because I´ve always thought, even in her best years, that she would be even better if she got somewhat more athletic, which is the (right) track she´s approaching, so well done to her
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #40
country flag Hajrá Ági!
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You're welcome.

I have to agree about her fitness too, although for the past 2 years or so I think it's a safe assumption to say her injury stopped her training as much as she would've liked to. By the sound of it she had days she couldn't even lie down without being in serious pain, so if anything her current fitness level is a sign of how she's been able to keep herself healthy and in training recently. Which is a really good sign.

Plus, she could do with being fit when most of her matches last 2-3 hours!
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #41
country flag Martian Jeza
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect

Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah she was in Nike and looking amazing as always. BBC commentators were loving how much she was smiling and laughing. It should still be online on the link I posted. If you go to play the live stream there are chapters at the bottom for her match. Unless you need to be in the UK for that link to work? I dunno.

Loads will accept being deceived and being whores of the system : a few others with ethics and values decided to be Free Human beings

BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, Lagardere are criminals : WAKE UP !
Martian Jeza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #42
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

Serena Williams - Ági Szávay - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 04:13 AM   #43
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

So nice to see her oncourt and she looks so good in this outfit too.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 06:01 AM   #44
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's for this report! I'm really sad I missed the match but good to here she sounded healthy and happy. Hopefully this was just rest and form will return soon . If she makes the New Haven Open semifinals I will see her… you never know . That's where it all began for me with her and it would have seemed unlikely on paper that year!

She also looks great in Nike .
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #45
country flag iGOAT

No one cares about doubles ? I'm obviously really sad Ági lost (0/2 ) but getting a set off of the eventual finalists (Hlaváčková/Hradecká) is not something to be embarrassed about! I really hope Ági and Timea play together more! Both are good at doubles and they're compatriots so it's nice for both of them .