Hard Court Season - Rogers Cup in Montreal - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #16
country flag Valkyre

Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all
Re: Hard Court Season - Rogers Cup in Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
1PM Montreal time is 7h from now. I'd really like to see the draws, I just hope Maria is not tired from Olympics, but I'm sure if she decided to play she is fit for it.
I see only Federer and Serena aren't playing Toronto and Montreal, all the other top players are going, so I guess it's ok.
Rafa is out as well due to the knee issue, although I am pretty sure he needs to rest. Interesting that Serena is skipping this one and attended the Stanford one... I would assume he would do it the other way around.

Whatever the case go Maria!
Valkyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #17
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Lets do this Maria . Get this title gurl .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #18
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

I'm sick and tired of the Olympics! I'm glad she got a medal, but I can't ignore what happened that day. So I have mixed feeling about this experience at the moment! I'm sure I'll appreciate the good part of it more in the future!

Let's focus on this new tournament! It's interesting because Serena's not playing, so we know that she won't be straight-setting every player to take the title! Maria and Vika need to do well here! They have to save the #1 ranking from Radwanska!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #19
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

This is the best season Maria had to date. To slam finals back to back, winning at Roland Garros, silver medal and also 2 more titles at Stuttgart and Rome. More titles to come this year, I just know it.

Get that USO girl .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #20
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

USO Series is so hard to skip for many players because it's really lucrative.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #21
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyre View Post
Rafa is out as well due to the knee issue, although I am pretty sure he needs to rest. Interesting that Serena is skipping this one and attended the Stanford one... I would assume he would do it the other way around.

Whatever the case go Maria!
He, who? Didn't get it BTW it's understandable Serena had her title to defend in Stanford, as Maria has hers in Cincinnati, that's why I was wondering if she's playing both tournaments before USO. But if she does good enough in Montreal, plus the points from OG, she'll probably have the same points even if she doesn't play Cincy, right?
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #22
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think she'll skip Cincy, I think she genuinely likes those urns that tournament. Plus she normally plays 3 tournaments before USO so schedule wise is probably just replacing Stanford with the Olympics. Tournament number wise, she's up to 11 including a no show in Charleston so if she plays 2 US tournaments, USO, 2 Asians that brings her tally up to 16 (but really 15) which is a normal year for her. Not to mention she seems quite fit this year- both in match and over hte long haul, as seen in the three set record and the consistently getting far in each tournament.

That said I may wake up tomorrow to see she's withdrawn from toronto.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #23
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
I don't think she'll skip Cincy, I think she genuinely likes those urns that tournament. Plus she normally plays 3 tournaments before USO so schedule wise is probably just replacing Stanford with the Olympics. Not to mention she seems quite fit this year- both in match and over hte long haul, as seen in the three set record and the consistently getting far in each tournament.

Your post gave me back a lot of optimism!
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #24
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't think she'll skip Cincy, I think she genuinely likes those urns that tournament. Plus she normally plays 3 tournaments before USO so schedule wise is probably just replacing Stanford with the Olympics. Tournament number wise, she's up to 11 including a no show in Charleston so if she plays 2 US tournaments, USO, 2 Asians that brings her tally up to 16 (but really 15) which is a normal year for her. Not to mention she seems quite fit this year- both in match and over hte long haul, as seen in the three set record and the consistently getting far in each tournament.

That said I may wake up tomorrow to see she's withdrawn from toronto.
Serena's playing Cincy though!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #25
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That said I may wake up tomorrow to see she's withdrawn from toronto Montreal.

Montreal sucks.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #26
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
Serena's playing Cincy though!

Serena is playing New York as well!! ZOMFG!!! They could play each other again!! BOMBSHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #27
country flag JoPova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
Serena is playing New York as well!! ZOMFG!!! They could play each other again!! BOMBSHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know!

Old Aug 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #28
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Montreal is a fantastic city! Pova's really going to enjoy it for the Fine Dining, wines, French inspired menus and exquisite service. It takes 3 to 4 hours to eat dinner! Pova needs early matches.

I regret I cannot be in Montreal. Should have planned this summer better!
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #29
country flag Valkyre

Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
He, who? Didn't get it BTW it's understandable Serena had her title to defend in Stanford, as Maria has hers in Cincinnati, that's why I was wondering if she's playing both tournaments before USO. But if she does good enough in Montreal, plus the points from OG, she'll probably have the same points even if she doesn't play Cincy, right?
Nadal! He pulled out of Rogers Cup.

Also, if I recall correctly Serena won last year in rogers cup that is why I find it interesting that she wanted to defend a small tournament like stansford and not a bigger one like Rogers cup.
Valkyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #30
country flag Trih

Oh, I wasn't considering Nadal because he already didn't play OG because of the knee and I didn't expect him to be in any tournament before USO. And I didn't remember Serena won Rogers Cup in 2011, but like Maria I don't think she (and should) care about winning points for the ranking, like Radwanska seem to do , but only focus on big objectives, AKA slams.