Womens Tennis in General - Page 237 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #3541
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post

I know that Azarenka didn't put up much of a fight last year at the U.S. Open but I hope to see her play Serena as much as possible in the next few months, maybe she can get another win over her?
Just like Caro, these girls just need to find a way to deal with her. What worries me is that nothing seems to help, Caro won against her and played a great set against her in Madrid but still got back to being anxious against her this week. Same for Vika, beat her before and played great second set three weeks ago but they`re still shitting their pants when meeting her.

I guess the lack of progress in that regard is what worries me.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #3542
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Didn't you start liking her this year during her winning streak?
No, not really. I always liked her, it's pretty much impossible to not like her as a Caro fan, isn't it?

I started liking her more in recent times though, not because she has success but because people were giving her nonstop shit after the got the #1. All the stuff about her grunting, her not being a great champion because of it and all that crap..

I guess I have a soft spot for girls who get unfair treatment from the public

My Tennis Photo Database
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #3543
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Just like Caro, these girls just need to find a way to deal with her. What worries me is that nothing seems to help, Caro won against her and played a great set against her in Madrid but still got back to being anxious against her this week. Same for Vika, beat her before and played great second set three weeks ago but they`re still shitting their pants when meeting her.

I guess the lack of progress in that regard is what worries me.
I'm hopeful that the change of surface will help.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #3544
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Serena leads 3-0! NID!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #3545
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh. Sharapova broken for 0-6 1st set at Ad Serena from 40-15 to 40-40 to Ad Sharapova to 40-40 to 2nd Ad Sharapova to 40-40. The match is 30 minutes long.

Sharapova is winning only 50% of points on her 1st serve.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #3546
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Masha just like Caro & Vika and other girls have too much respect for Serena, yes Jimmie?

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #3547
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I'm hopeful that the change of surface will help.
Yep. At the moment Serena looks utterly dominant. But this is her surface. She looks unbeatable now. But the others have done well the last two years. Before Wimbledon - they'd kept her from winning a slam for two years and she hasn't been #1 for a while. So until Serena keeps up this level for a few months consistently - don't write off these other girls who are being made to look like amateurs right now.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #3548
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
I guess Masha just like Caro & Vika and other girls have too much respect for Serena, yes Jimmie?
I'm not Jimmie but I would definitely say that Serena is in Sharapova's head.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #3549
country flag Protoss

Ugh. Serena holds for 3-0 2nd set.

Can't Serena come down with a bad case of the runs?
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #3550
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Yep. At the moment Serena looks utterly dominant. But this is her surface. She looks unbeatable now. But the others have done well the last two years. Before Wimbledon - they'd kept her from winning a slam for two years and she hasn't been #1 for a while. So until Serena keeps up this level for a few months consistently - don't write off these other girls who are being made to look like amateurs right now.
Even in the latter rounds of Wimbledon this year, Serena's matches were a lot more competitive.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #3551
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
With Sharapova it's less respect and more fear I think but yes, it's obvious she's also having mental issues against Serena..big time.

My Tennis Photo Database
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #3552
country flag Protoss

Sharapova saves a bit of dignity as she holds for 1-3 2nd set.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #3553
country flag Protoss

Serena actually faces break points...shocker. Serena holds for 4-1 2nd set saving 2 break points after being up 40-15 initially.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #3554
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

5-1

I wonder if Caro & Vika feel better about their matches now...

My Tennis Photo Database
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #3555
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

6-0 6-1 Sharapova barely escaping the double bagel...unbelievable.

My Tennis Photo Database