What do you REALLY believe? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 04:40 AM   #1
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all
What do you REALLY believe?

It's obvious what we all want to believe will happen tomorrow. But what do you all truly believe will happen tomorrow? Me, I think it can happen (we all remember their close match on the same court two years ago)... but if I had to make a pick one way or the other, I'd say it won't. I'm scared to get my hopes up only to be let down yet again. I've said numerous times that Serena is the player I detest most, and I'd love for Maria to somehow beat her again one day. What better time than tomorrow? How sweet would it be for Maria to finally get over that hurdle on one of the biggest stages possible? Maybe this is why Maria hasn't beaten her again just yet... maybe it was meant to happen in a grand setting such as this. I want to believe... I really do. I'm just scared it's going to be another disappointment again. But if it does happen? Wow. No question, it will easily be the most satisfying moment (at least for me) of Maria's career next to the obvious #1 that happened back in June. Please, Maria... please do this.

As I always do for big finals such as these, I'll be waking up to watch this live... although I had to trade shifts with someone at work to make this happen. I work at a restaurant... and instead of working what is usually a peaceful, boring Saturday lunch shift, I'm now working a busy, sometimes crazy Saturday dinner shift. Don't say I don't love you, Maria.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #2
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold
Re: What do you REALLY believe?

Like you,I can't stand Serena. Never have,and probably never will. I'm just so sick of her shit,everything about her. I don't expect Maria to win,probably like 6-3,6-4 or something like that. Look,we all know on grass it's hopeless trying to compete with Serena on a good day unless your serve is solid. To win,Maria needs to try and not get broken the whole match...
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #3
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

All the odds are against her. The H2H, the mental side, playing on serena's best surface as opposed to arguably Maria's worst but I don't think all hope is lost. If anything I'm just hoping that she can keep it a tight match. It could be a complete blow-out so i'm not expecting much but supporting Maria all the way!
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #4
country flag PowerWilliams

PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all

I kinda want both of them to win

Serena's the clear favorite, while Maria struggled at Wimbledon. It's (realisticly) Serena's last chance, but it's also the only chance Maria's got to win at OG, according to the surface.
PowerWilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:19 AM   #5
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

I believe she'll fight to the bitter end. If she loses because she gets beat by a better player (which is likely) than I can live with that. I just don't wanna see her bend over to Serena yet again.

Maria needs to play the match of her career to win tomorrow, simple as that. Lightning can strike twice as far as I'm concerned, and Maria's really the one playing with no pressure because everyone expects Serena to win. I'm excited regardless because win or lose this is a defining moment in her career.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #6
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

I REALLY believe Maria will win tomorrow. I know this is a unpopular notion but I have faith in her. This is going to be one of the biggest matches of her career, period. Maria knows this. I expect her to come out firing tomorrow and let the fear/intimidation factor of Serena be bygone.

BUT I will say this, even if Serena beats her 6-0, 6-0 tomorrow, I want her to not give Serena anything. In the Madrid match, Maria was defeated before they even hit the first ball, you could see it in her eyes. Whatever happens tomorrow, no matter how many aces fires or return winners she hit, I want Maria to bitchstare serena throughout the whole day, I want alot of "c'mons" from her, and her to FIGHT for every fucking point.

And one more thing, we need to stop with the whole "Career Silver Slam" "At least a guaranteed silver medal, blah blah blah" This sounds like we have given up on Maria, fuckin Maria Sharapova out of all people. No more being content with a silver medal, that is weak pussy shit, it makes Maria's fanbase and especially her, look weak to the haters. I believe in Maria and so should you
NashaP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:29 AM   #7
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaP View Post
I REALLY believe Maria will win tomorrow. I know this is a unpopular notion but I have faith in her. This is going to be one of the biggest matches of her career, period. Maria knows this. I expect her to come out firing tomorrow and let the fear/intimidation factor of Serena be bygone.

BUT I will say this, even if Serena beats her 6-0, 6-0 tomorrow, I want her to not give Serena anything. In the Madrid match, Maria was defeated before they even hit the first ball, you could see it in her eyes. Whatever happens tomorrow, no matter how many aces fires or return winners she hit, I want Maria to bitchstare serena throughout the whole day, I want alot of "c'mons" from her, and her to FIGHT for every fucking point.

And one more thing, we need to stop with the whole "Career Silver Slam" "At least a guaranteed silver medal, blah blah blah" This sounds like we have given up on Maria, fuckin Maria Sharapova out of all people. No more being content with a silver medal, that is weak pussy shit, it makes Maria's fanbase and especially her, look weak to the haters. I believe in Maria and so should you
It's not that they've given up on Maria. It's that she's facing arguably the greatest player ever in great form on her best surface. They're being realistic, not pessimistic.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #8
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
It's not that they've given up on Maria. It's that she's facing arguably the greatest player ever in great form on her best surface. They're being realistic, not pessimistic.
How many people thought Maria would win the 2004 Wimbledon final or that Stosur would routine Serena in the 2011 US open final?
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #9
country flag Stonerpova
`

Quote:
How many people thought Maria would win the 2004 Wimbledon final or that Stosur would routine Serena in the 2011 US open final?
Not many, you're right, but that's why they're upsets. They happen occasionally, usually when people least expect them too. Maria can win tomorrow, but the odds are against her. That's all I'm saying. I don't consider it realistic to expect her to win tomorrow, based on her history against Serena, but that's me. It's possible, just not probable.

Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:38 AM   #10

PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all PowerWilliams is a name known to all

Quote:
Well in 2004 Serena was injured most of the year, and Maria was 17. She had the shock value of being a teen, she ain't got it anymo'.

And, in 2011, Serena was coming back from the big injuries, and she retired from Cinci because of it. You can't expect her to win every single match, let alone when you've been this injured.

Now, she's on a heck of a streak, both on grass and on the tour, she's in the best form she's been in years, and nobody in the whole tournament has won more than 3 games in a set against her, and no more than 5 games in a whole match.

Want more? Serena let 3 games to #1 Azarenka. Sharapova let 7 games to close-to-retiring Clijsters. I wouldn't compare.

Last edited by PowerWilliams : Aug 4th, 2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:43 AM   #11
country flag NashaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWilliams View Post
Well in 2004 Serena was injured most of the year, and Maria was 17. She had the shock value of being a teen, she ain't got it anymo'.

And, in 2011, Serena was coming back from the big injuries, and she retired from Cinci because of it. You can't expect her to win every single match, let alone when you've been this injured.
Funny how her injury didnt prevent her from annihilating every opponent until the final..
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Funny how her injury didnt prevent her from annihilating every opponent until the final..
Well playing 6 matches, no matter how quick and easy they are, and how talented you are, might cause fatigue, and, she was still coming back from an injury that week...
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:51 AM   #13
country flag NashaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWilliams View Post
Well playing 6 matches, no matter how quick and easy they are, and how talented you are, might cause fatigue, and, she was still coming back from an injury that week...
You just proved my point

and btw, Im sure Serena and her injury had a great time at Kim Kardashian's wedding.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:53 AM   #14

Quote:
You just proved my point

and btw, Im sure Serena and her injury had a great time at Kim Kardashian's wedding.
Injuries can get hurt playing 2 hours on court and still not hurt you when you to walk, talk, and have fun.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 05:53 AM   #15
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

If I had to make a guess I would would put my money on Serena. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if Masha got the win. Masha has won a slam since their last meeting and is playing for her country of origin which seems to bring the best out in her. Serena hasn't been a lock in big finals recently either and this is more than likely her last chance to win individual gold so she may be super nervous. My guess is something like 6/3 7/5 to Serena.

Last edited by Andy. : Aug 4th, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote