Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS ! - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 09:51 AM   #181
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
I really think she's been underrated on grass so far. I think she can have more great results in the future on this surface.
And it might turn out to favor her game more than clay.
Well, she used to say (still does?) that grass is her favourite surface. And considering that she has the least experience on this surface and she had arguably her greatest win on it, it might be true I also thought her last two matches at Wimby from last year were quite good. Of course, she lost against Cibulkova, but it was only a matter of a few points here and there, as usual. She's underrated because grass is (or better, was) fast and takes time away from her, but there are usually more important factors that contribute to her losses (like serve and impatience).
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #182
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Picnic on the green grass with Julia - OLYMPICS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Well, she used to say (still does?) that grass is her favourite surface. And considering that she has the least experience on this surface and she had arguably her greatest win on it, it might be true I also thought her last two matches at Wimby from last year were quite good. Of course, she lost against Cibulkova, but it was only a matter of a few points here and there, as usual. She's underrated because grass is (or better, was) fast and takes time away from her, but there are usually more important factors that contribute to her losses (like serve and impatience).
I agree.
But as long as she remains so inconsistent on every surface it will be hard to evaluate for sure what's her best one.
Kon. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote